Pacific War - The struggle for victory

nokmirt

Emperor
Pacific War - The Struggle for Victory

Introduction

The year is 1919...

The Great War is over and Germany has lost all of her Pacific colonies. Most of which became possessions of the Empire of Japan under a mandate from the League of Nations following Germany's defeat in World War I.This gave Japan the ability to control important islands in Micronesia, such as the Marianas, Carolines, Marshall Islands and Palau groups. Viewing these islands as unsinkable aircraft carriers, Japan began fortifying them. Meanwhile the rest of the Pacific is controlled by the Netherlands, British and the United States. The Asian continent is controlled mainly by Thailand, Mongolia, the Soviet Union, and China. In China after WWI there is disillusionment with west, who gave into demands of Japan at Versailles forcing the government not to sign Treaty of Versailles which favored Japanese interests. The Youth begin mobilizing, and the Chinese Communist Party begins, nationalism grows stronger. Far across the Pacific the United States becomes isolationistic once more. As the war ended, and soldiers started to return home, the industry production began to slow, and there was less need for workers in factories. Many women stopped working, but even so there were not enough jobs for the men returning home from Europe. This rising unemployment after a time of industry and economic prosperity, planted the seeds for a possible Depression. This is the situation in the Pacific, tension and discontent are growing.

Will history repeat itself? Control one of the civs that had a part to play during this interesting point of our past.The fate of your nation rests in the decisions you make.

This is a scenario set in the years prior to World War Two. The game begins in 1919 and ends at the end of 1949. Take control of one of nine civs and dominate the Pacific.

Playable Civilizations

Japan, United States, Soviet Union, United Kingdom, Mexico, Netherlands, Thailand, French Indo-China, and Mongolia

The map is large size 100X64. I created it myself after quite a bit of research. The islands and Japan have been resized.

I would like to give credit to Gedemon for his RED modpack, which I have modified to add in WW2 jet fighters. Also, thanks goes out to Nutty and LeeS for their help with mods and code.

In game images

Spoiler :

Changes to version 3

Mostly giving China more defenses such as walls, castles, armories, and a military base in Chongqing.

Also, gave China two gatling gun units.

I made some more of China's cities have more normal buildings including workshops. Still China needs to remain somewhat backwards and disorganized, which it was in history. I just want to give them enough of a fighting chance. So, balance is the key and it may take some work.

Changes to v.5

1. Added leaderheads

2. Added dive bombers and cruisers

3. Reduced tourism from buildings and wonders. Turned off World Congress. This way ideologies stay the same throughout the game.

4. Added a Soviet city, and a Chinese city called Chengdu.

5. Took out settlers, they are not needed.

Changes to v.6

1. One unit of marines can board a cruiser.

2. Added a city to Australia.

Changes to v.7

1. Added faster aircraft animations.

2. Fixed issue with giving the Soviets barracks. OOPS!

Changes to v.9

1. Made lancers obsolete. Japan was building way too many of them.

2. Increased the combat strength of cavalry to 40.

3. Removed cruisers ability to carry a marine unit. AI would not load cruisers. Instead, I have given cruiser the sentry promotion with +1 visibility.

Credits Danrell, Gedemon, Hulfgar, and JFD

Link to updated RED Modpack, which adds diverse units.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3rc0avpcj7vjgzg/R.E.D.+Modpack+%28v+40%29.zip

Link to scenario download Pacific War v.14

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4ui7d26tkrhtea/Pacific%20War%20Map%20%28v%2015%29.zip?dl=0

I also added a mod which gives Civilization linked Great General and Admiral names, with some exceptions, for the Pacific War time period. This mod is optional. However, if you want to use it you will also need
LeeS's CIV-Linked Great Generals (v 1) mod.

The link for the CIV-Linked Great Generals (v 1)

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=23029

My mod is called WW2 commanders which works in conjunction with LeeS's mod. The mod file for the scenario is also below.

Attachments

• WW2 Commanders (v 1).zip
    3.5 KB · Views: 743
I just downoaded it after I select players it crashes

Did you click load scenario?

Try this... Clear your Civ5 cache if you think it is necessary (this was a big problem before, but it may not matter anymore), as this can sometimes lead to conflicts from residual mod data you've used in the past. It is located here: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache. Delete all the database files. There should be about 6 of them.

You've had issues with scenarios lately. Talk to tech support to get some help as well if cleaning your cache doesn't work. Get back to me and let me know what happens.

I am in the fight of my life in this scenario.

First of all, I took and rebalanced some civs starting armies, because China was just getting waxed by Japan.

In my game playing as the USA, things are still not going great for China. They are under attack by Thailand, the Mongols, and the Soviet Union. I finally sent an army into China to help from the Philippines. Then the United Kingdom turned autocratic, which was not cool. Apparently some revolution occurred and they switched ideologies. Now they have most Dutch territory except Sumatra occupied. So, it is me, Mexico, plus what is left of the Chinese, and Dutch empires.

The first thing I will do is fortify the Philippines big time. It cannot fall or China is dead meat. I was thinking of helping China with more troops and then invading French-Indochina. Bring the French back to life with the help of the Arsenal of Democracy. This will help give me a bulwark against Thailand.

Secondly, I am considering gifting units to the Dutch on Sumatra. At least so they can hold out against the British.

Third, I was thinking of invading Canada. Either that or hitting the British in the South Pacific. This is a crazy game that's for sure.

Version 3 is up. This will be my last change for awhile, as I am moving on to my Napoleon scenario.

Hello, Just wondering how you made the map non-continuous. How do I do that in World Builder?

Hello, Just wondering how you made the map non-continuous. How do I do that in World Builder?

Under map editor tools there is a tab call misc. Open that and make sure world wrap is unchecked.

666 views yikes!

hi

I ve lot of files in cache 14 of them
what happen when I delete them?

Hello back. Delete just your Civ5ModsDatabase and try to upload the mod again. That is usually what I do if I have issues. I did read someplace you can delete the rest of the database files, but I never tried it. Usually just deleting the mods database took care of things. Let me know if it helps. A long time ago I had to do a complete fresh install of Civ 5, but that was way back when G&K came out. So, I doubt your issue is that.

Did you get the WWI scenario working now? I updated both scenarios so download the new files. In the meantime, I began working on a Napoleonic scenario.

I can load WW 1 scenario but limited civ to select, I cant select Austria?
Pacific War crashes,

I will delete cache
I have Civ 5, G and K, BNW

I wish I was in front of your pc. We'd find the problem. Is your Civ 5 updated through Steam? It could be a Steam issue too. How about other scenarios you've tried? Any of them giving you issues? I am not sure what advice to offer. Post a thread at creation an customization. Tell them you can't load my Pacific scenario it CTD. And tell them about the limited civ choice from WWI scenario. They have some people over there that can help solve this. I'll talk to them in the thread you post too. We'll figure it out somehow.

where can I download the mod pack? the link won't download the file ... and I can't play it with R.E.D. (v.27)

where can I download the mod pack? the link won't download the file ... and I can't play it with R.E.D. (v.27)

Gamefront seems to be having issues. I am going to update this mod. A lot has to be fixed yet. It will take some time. Then I will post it someplace else probably at mediafire.

This scenario is updated as of today.

Version 6 is uploaded.

I am looking into adjusting the leader flavors for civs.

Top Bottom