[BtS] "Mars, Now!"

Weird. It doesn't crash for you. :(

Oh, well, I'll try to play some more, I'll figure it out somehow.

It works now. Weird.

[...]

ARghh! Another crash, this time several turns later. This doesn't seem to make sense!

Yes, i know, the crashes :(.
I will not release any new patch until i've found the reason for this, it keeps annoying me.

Oh, and some people are complaining about Religion Fanaticism, although there's not a single thing I'm using that should be considered fanaticism. Just colony, Communism, Data Control, and another one that escapes me.

Religious fanatism is the new term for diplo penalties because of different religions.

So, I guess I'm not the only one with these crashes? That's a relief. Of a sorts.

Also, I wondered what that message meant. Thanks for letting me know. Let's hope I can play a little more. :(

Well, so far I'm playing a lot and having a good time. One weirdness though, apparently you made it so that the technological boosting Science Above all gives unhappiness from Libraries? Why is that?

Seriously, why did you make it give unhappiness? If anything it should give happiness.

You do know there's no way to make a negative unhappy face, right? Making it give -1 unhappiness is the same as 1 extra unhappiness.

Well, so far I'm playing a lot and having a good time. One weirdness though, apparently you made it so that the technological boosting Science Above all gives unhappiness from Libraries? Why is that?

Seriously, why did you make it give unhappiness? If anything it should give happiness.

Look at the picture ;).
The theme is more "mad scientists doing unethic experiments", and not worshipping the science in a good way.

I should write some texts for the pedia :blush:.

You do know there's no way to make a negative unhappy face, right? Making it give -1 unhappiness is the same as 1 extra unhappiness.

Yes, it's a problem with the display. It's not my fault, it's a problem in the core.

I've played now 3 games until round 120 with a debug dll (thanks to phungus), and the game seems to be a bit more stable. I don't know why, but if i can't find anything else, i'll add the debug dll to the normal download.

What about the music? I felt, that it fits quite good into the game. Any comments?

I've also thought about adjusting a bit the system with water/oxygen dependence. It doesn't happen very often, that you have water + oxygen in the FC, or more than one of them. So after your fist cities, every city needs the resources.
Changing it to allow 2 cities per water + oxygen would be a bit better imho.

What I would like is a game option to reduce the amount of damaging sections on the map, because it makes a war nearly impossible because you have to pretty much spam consturction units until they can remove every spec of sandstorms in your territory, and your opponents. :)
Then you can declare war.

As it stands, it's impossible because you have to constantly move your units and make sure they can invade and attack before they all die. :(

Please, think about the war maniacs like myself. It's really hard...

Unless I'm really missing something simple.
OH, a big bug. Generals no longer give free upgrades .You may want to fix that. I don't know.
It still says they do, but they don't.

As for the science thing, the benefits far outweigh the bad. :)

What I would like is a game option to reduce the amount of damaging sections on the map, because it makes a war nearly impossible because you have to pretty much spam consturction units until they can remove every spec of sandstorms in your territory, and your opponents. :)
Then you can declare war.

As it stands, it's impossible because you have to constantly move your units and make sure they can invade and attack before they all die. :(

Please, think about the war maniacs like myself. It's really hard...

It should be hard ;).
If the game advances, with more terraforming the storms should vanish.
And it should be important to look, where you move, that's intended. Just take a pioneer tank with your army, they have medic 1.

Unless I'm really missing something simple.
OH, a big bug. Generals no longer give free upgrades .You may want to fix that. I don't know.
It still says they do, but they don't.

:confused: really?
I'll take a look at it.

As for the science thing, the benefits far outweigh the bad. :)

That was the goal ;).

There's a fine line between challenge, and madness, my friend. :(

As for the challenge, it's impossible at the moment to get the dumb AI to actually remove the sandstorms for me. The automated workers refuse to actually clear it. Or you made it last on the priority...

So far my terraforming is turning deserts to oceans! Or coasts rather, but still. oye.

Oh, built that wonder that adds up to 200% production and the massive production boosting space station thingy.

Now my captial city can go to about 700 production a turn. :) Lots of armies!

There's a fine line between challenge, and madness, my friend. :(

As for the challenge, it's impossible at the moment to get the dumb AI to actually remove the sandstorms for me. The automated workers refuse to actually clear it. Or you made it last on the priority...

Automated workers don't remove the storms?
That's a bug, i guess, and it's not intended. I'll have to check this.

And i'll think about adding less storms if you play on lower levels :).

Oh, built that wonder that adds up to 200% production and the massive production boosting space station thingy.

Now my captial city can go to about 700 production a turn. :) Lots of armies!

I'll maybe have to adjust the effect ;).

Either that or make it hard to 200%. :)
It's starting to explode again, er, crash, so you might want to keep taking a look.

Yeah, the storms are never removed, except rarely by terraforming, and why does terraform turn deserts into oceans?!! Or, Coasts? That doesn't make sense, and makes a lot less sense than, oh, colonizing mars. :)

Either that or make it hard to 200%. :)
It's starting to explode again, er, crash, so you might want to keep taking a look.

I'm sure "hunting" that bug, i hope, i'll come to a solution.

Yeah, the storms are never removed, except rarely by terraforming, and why does terraform turn deserts into oceans?!! Or, Coasts? That doesn't make sense, and makes a lot less sense than, oh, colonizing mars. :)

Yes, i have to create some more stages in the terraforming.
Atm, it just turns land into water (ice melting), but iirc some of the storms should also be removed.

Haven't looked at the workers yet, but you've mentioned, that the free upgrades from generals are not working, but for me they work :confused: (see attachment).
If it happens again, please attach a savegame and add a screenshot :).

Attachments

• freeupgrades.jpg
    freeupgrades.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 116
I can go and give myself a general, but upgrading a unit to a hover tank still cost money. :(

Weird. I'll let you know if it happens again.

The assassins act strangely. Sometimes other civs will attack them sometimes not. I haven't been able to make them offensively attack any civ. Only defend against the occasional civ that attacks them. They work as normal unit against mercs.

I can get build the strength 4 aircraft (I forget what its called) before I have flight.

The assassins act strangely. Sometimes other civs will attack them sometimes not. I haven't been able to make them offensively attack any civ. Only defend against the occasional civ that attacks them. They work as normal unit against mercs.

Really :confused:?
I'll have to check that.

I can get build the strength 4 aircraft (I forget what its called) before I have flight.

Yes...that's right...this part needs maybe a logical rework :blush:.

Here is the change log for the events so far, let me know what you think.

Change Log

** Notes ********************
Only changed in English.

The Careless event I belive effects the Factory (instead of the forge)in the Mars Mod and I
changed the forge event with that in mind, if incorrect let me know.

Spoiler :

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_AT_THE_SWORD</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective soldiers have rallied behind their heroes of the sword.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_AT_THE_SWORD</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective soldiers have rallied behind their combat veterans.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AT_THE_SWORD_1</Tag>
<English>Decorate our glorious heroes of the sword!</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AT_THE_SWORD_1</Tag>
<English>Decorate our glorious combat heroes!</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_UNIT_AT_THE_SWORD</Tag>
<English>Heroes of the Sword!</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_UNIT_AT_THE_SWORD</Tag>
<English>Combat Heroes!</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_MAN_NAMED_JED_1</Tag>
<English>While hunting, our %s3_unit has discovered a rich supply of a black oil that burns rather hot.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_MAN_NAMED_JED_1</Tag>
<English>While exploring, our %s3_unit has discovered a rich supply of what could be Oil.</English>
Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_MAN_NAMED_JED_1</Tag>
<English>We have no time for such nonsense. Order them to continue scouting.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_MAN_NAMED_JED_1</Tag>
<English>We have no time for such nonsense. Order them to continue exploring.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_MAN_NAMED_JED_2</Tag>
<English>This substance must be studied to see how we might make use of it.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_MAN_NAMED_JED_2</Tag>
<English>Black gold on Mars! Have them work on extracting it immediately.</English>
Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE</Tag>
<English>A fire has destroyed the Forge in the %s1_civ_adjective city of %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE</Tag>
<English>A magnetic store has destroyed the Factory in the %s1_civ_adjective city of %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_2</Tag>
<English>Brush fires sparked by dry conditions near %s2_city spread to the trade district. The Forge was burned down.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_2</Tag>
<English>A Magnetic storm sparked by poor weather conditions near %s2_city breached the city shields and caused the destruction of the Factory</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_3</Tag>
<English>Unknown arsonists have destroyed the Forge in %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_3</Tag>
<English>A magnetic storm has breached the city shield and destroyed the Factory in %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_2</Tag>
<English>Investigate the cause of the fire.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_2</Tag>
<English>Investigate the cause of the breach.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_3</Tag>
<English>We are too pressed to spare any attention to a small fire.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_CARELESS_APPRENTICE_3</Tag>
<English>We are too pressed to spare any attention to the Factorys destruction.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_AIRLINER_CRASH</Tag>
<English>A %s4_civ_adjective passenger aircraft has crashed within %s1_civ_adjective territory. Neither side has provided any details of the incident.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_AIRLINER_CRASH</Tag>
<English>A %s4_civ_adjective transport shuttle has crashed within %s1_civ_adjective territory. Neither side has provided any details of the incident.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_AIRLINER_CRASH_1</Tag>
<English>A %s1_civ_adjective passenger flight has crashed in our territory near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_AIRLINER_CRASH_1</Tag>
<English>A %s1_civ_adjective transport shuttle has crashed in our territory near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_1</Tag>
<English>One of your passenger airliners has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They have allowed unrestricted access to your recovery teams, building trust between your two nations.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_1</Tag>
<English>One of your transport shuttles has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They have allowed unrestricted access to your recovery teams, building trust between your two nations.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_2</Tag>
<English>One of your passenger airliners has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They seemed to be unsure how to react at first, but finally allowed your recovery teams access to the crash site.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_2</Tag>
<English>One of your transport shuttles has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They seemed to be unsure how to react at first, but finally allowed your recovery teams access to the crash site.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_3</Tag>
<English>One of your passenger airliners has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They are denying all access and have claimed the wreckage as their own. This outrage has angered your people and driven a diplomatic wedge between your two nations.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_AIRLINER_CRASH_OTHER_3</Tag>
<English>One of your transport shuttles has crashed in %s1_civ_adjective territory. They are denying all access and have claimed the wreckage as their own. This outrage has angered your people and driven a diplomatic wedge between your two nations.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS</Tag>
<English>Bandits are wreaking havoc in %s1_civ_adjective farmlands.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS</Tag>
<English>Mutants are wreaking havoc in %s1_civ_adjective farmlands.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_1</Tag>
<English>Farmers outside %s2_city are complaining of bandits robbing them regularly.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_1</Tag>
<English>Hydroponic Farms outside %s2_city are being heavily damaged in mutant attacks.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_2</Tag>
<English>Criminal activity has disrupted food production in a farming region outside %s2_city.</English>
<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_2</Tag>
<English>Mutant activity has disrupted food production in a farming region outside %s2_city.</English>
Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_3</Tag>
<English>We may need to take action against thieves in %s2_city who are preying upon our farmers.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_3</Tag>
<English>We may need to take action against mutants in %s2_city who are damaging our hydroponic farms.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_1</Tag>
<English>We need that food. Do whatever it takes to deal with those bandits.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_1</Tag>
<English>We need that food. Do whatever it takes to deal with those mutants.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_2</Tag>
<English>Dispatch some of our troops to hunt down these bandits.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_2</Tag>
<English>Dispatch some of our troops to hunt down these mutants.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_3</Tag>
<English>We are too busy to be bothered. Leave the matter to the local authorities. (Banditry may continue)</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_FARM_BANDITS_3</Tag>
<English>We are too busy to be bothered. Leave the matter to the city garrison. (Mutant attacks may continue)</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN</Tag>
<English>The %s1_civ_adjective Empire continues to suffer a loss of food production due to banditry.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN</Tag>
<English>The %s1_civ_adjective Empire continues to suffer a loss of food production due to mutant attacks.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN_1</Tag>
<English>The local authorities of %s2_city are still struggling to control the bandit activity plaguing our farmers.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN_1</Tag>
<English>The city garrison of %s2_city are still struggling to control the mutant attacks plaguing our hydroponic farms.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN_2</Tag>
<English>Criminals are still preying on our farmers. A more stringent response may be necessary in %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_FARM_BANDITS_AGAIN_2</Tag>
<English>Mutants are still attacking our hydroponic farms. A more stringent response may be necessary in %s2_city.</English>
Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_HORTICULTURE</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective -sombody- have harnessed rare plants to produce remedies.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_HORTICULTURE</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective biologists have harnessed rare martian bacteria to produce remedies.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_1</Tag>
<English>Biologists have discovered rare and precious plants that grow in abundance only in a certain region near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_1</Tag>
<English>Astrobiologists have discovered rare and precious plants that grow in the martian soil only in a certain region near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_2</Tag>
<English>A medicinal tea cultivated by locals has been found to be effective with treating illnesses. This tea grows only in a specific region near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_2</Tag>
<English>A strange blue ice found in a cave by locals has been found to be effective with treating illnesses. This ice occurs only in a specific cavern near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_3</Tag>
<English>Certain rare insects found near %s2_city, when harvested and ground into a paste by a reclusive tribe, can be ingested to reduce fever.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_HORTICULTURE_3</Tag>
<English>Certain rare stones found near %s2_city, when harvested and ground into a powder by a reclusive scientist, can be ingested to reduce fever.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_HORTICULTURE_1</Tag>
<English>We should establish internal trade with the locals for these rare commodities.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_HORTICULTURE_1</Tag>
<English>We should establish internal trade for these rare commodities.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_PESTILENCE</Tag>
<English>Pestilence has struck %s1_civ_adjective agricultural lands.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_PESTILENCE</Tag>
<English>Solar flares have struck %s1_civ_adjective agricultural lands.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_1</Tag>
<English>A plague of locusts have swarmed over a Pasture near %s2_city, destroying all the livestock there.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_1</Tag>
<English>A small meteor has struck a Pasture near %s2_city, destroying all the life there.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_2</Tag>
<English>Fire ant armies of massive proportion have laid waste to grazing lands near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_2</Tag>
<English>Previously unknown martian creatures have erupted from the crust and have have laid waste to grazing lands near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_3</Tag>
<English>Massive colonies of termites have overrun and destroyed some of our agriculture near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_3</Tag>
<English>Cosmic radiation has destroyed some of our agriculture near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_4</Tag>
<English>A plague of locusts have swarmed over a Plantation near %s2_city, destroying all the crops there.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_4</Tag>
<English>Solar winds have swept over a Plantation near %s2_city, destroying all the crops there.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_5</Tag>
<English>Fire ant armies of massive proportion have laid waste a region of plantations lands near %s2_city.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_PESTILENCE_5</Tag>
<English>Several meteors have laid waste a region of plantations lands near %s2_city.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_JOYOUS_WEDDING_3</Tag>
<English>A %s1_civ_adjective industrial heiress has received a marriage proposal from one of our prominent business tycoons. Their %s4_religion_adjective wedding will occur this year.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_JOYOUS_WEDDING_3</Tag>
<English>A %s1_civ_adjective robotics heiress has received a marriage proposal from one of our prominent business tycoons. Their %s4_religion_adjective wedding will occur this year.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_WEDDING_FEUD_1</Tag>
<English>A politically arranged marriage between one of our noble families and another %s1_civ_adjective family has collapsed over feuding about whether to hold the marriage in their tradition or to make it a %s4_religion_adjective wedding. Tensions are escalating.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_WEDDING_FEUD_1</Tag>
<English>A politically arranged marriage between one of our powerful families and another %s1_civ_adjective family has collapsed over feuding about whether to hold the marriage in their tradition or to make it a %s4_religion_adjective wedding. Tensions are escalating.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_WEDDING_FEUD_3</Tag>
<English>An industrial heiress from the %s1_civ_adjective Empire has received a marriage proposal from one of our prominent business tycoons. The marriage is going forward, but the families on both sides are feuding over which religion should preside over the ceremony. The couple has decided on a %s4_religion_adjective wedding to the great annoyance of the bride's family.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_WEDDING_FEUD_3</Tag>
<English>An heiress from the %s1_civ_adjective Empire has received a marriage proposal from one of our prominent business tycoons. The marriage is going forward, but the families on both sides are feuding over which religion should preside over the ceremony. The couple has decided on a %s4_religion_adjective wedding to the great annoyance of the bride's family.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LEFT_AT_ALTAR_1</Tag>
<English>A politically arranged marriage between one of our noblemen and a woman from a noble %s1_civ_adjective family has collapsed into feuding as the groom backed out of the wedding on the wedding day.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LEFT_AT_ALTAR_1</Tag>
<English>A politically arranged marriage between one of our prominent businessmen and a woman from a powerful %s1_civ_adjective family has collapsed into feuding as the groom backed out of the wedding on the wedding day.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LEFT_AT_ALTAR_3</Tag>
<English>An %s1_civ_adjective industrial heiress has been left at the altar by one of our prominent business tycoons, who had proposed marriage to her. The fiasco has outraged the families on both sides, who are now feuding over the collapsed marriage.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LEFT_AT_ALTAR_3</Tag>
<English>An %s1_civ_adjective heiress has been left at the altar by one of our prominent business tycoons, who had proposed marriage to her. The fiasco has outraged the families on both sides, who are now feuding over the collapsed marriage.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_TORNADO_1</Tag>
<English>Vicious tornadoes carved a path of destruction through the %s1_civ_adjective Empire.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_TORNADO_1</Tag>
<English>Vicious duststorm carved a path of destruction through the %s1_civ_adjective Empire.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_TORNADO_2</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective infrastructure was wiped out by a deadly thunderstorm and the violent twisters it spawned.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENTTRIGGER_TORNADO_2</Tag>
<English>%s1_civ_adjective infrastructure was wiped out by a deadly asteriod strike and the violent earthquakes it caused.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_TORNADO_1</Tag>
<English>The heavens opened up and down came the fist of retribution. Terrible twisting rages of air wiped away our %s8_improvement.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_TORNADO_1</Tag>
<English>The heavens opened up and down came the fist of retribution. A rogue comet smashed into the ground and destroyed our %s8_improvement.</English>

Pre

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LOOTERS_1</Tag>
<English>There is civil unrest near the %s1_civ_adjective city of %s6_city. Our scouts in the area tell us there may be an opportunity to aggravate the situation.</English>

<TEXT>
<Tag>TXT_KEY_EVENT_TRIGGER_LOOTERS_1</Tag>
<English>There is civil unrest near the %s1_civ_adjective city of %s6_city. Our spies in the area tell us there may be an opportunity to aggravate the situation.</English>

I have it in XML but I don't know how to attach it.

So, with this post, i welcome Jaraxle in my team :).
I hope, the work will continue so good :).

Nice changes, but please put a spoiler around it ;).
I would have left the tornado and the thunderstorm in it, because the also fit, but the changes are better :).
The changes are really needed :). I hope, that you soon come to the praeri dogs, which keep annoying me.

Did you also change it in the xml? If yes: Can you attach it :)?

Watersupply and Command Center buildings say they are national wonders but you can build them many times, (although building a new one destroys the old one).

I have it in XML but I don't know how to attach it.

Easiest way is, to rename the .xml to .txt, and just attach it here (at the bottom is a button "manage attachments").

Or you could .zip it :).

Watersupply and Command Center buildings say they are national wonders but you can build them many times, (although building a new one destroys the old one).

Yes, that's right.
If you look at normal BtS, you can also rebuild the palace, to replace your government center.
That's the same for this both buildings, but there shouldn't be a reason to replace the water supply, but i didn't want to remove the ability, because i don't know, if somebody wants it.

Geomodder gave me i hint, that some of his citysets for Planetfall could fit good into my mod, and i've also talked to Maniac, and he doesn't mind it, that i use them.
So i've tried it out, doesn't look bad, but i have to do something against the pagode building...

That's funny, your screenshot is in German. :)
Seriously though, what's the problem exactly? The bad graphical mix and match? :)

That's funny, your screenshot is in German. :)

I didn't think, that the language would make a difference ;).

Seriously though, what's the problem exactly? The bad graphical mix and match? :)

What do you mean?
Some people complained, that the skyscrapers don't fit to the primitive first settlements on Mars, and i agreed, so they'll be changed.
Or do you mean the pagodes? They just don't fit imho.

Lore wise what is the dome supposed to be? Is it a forcefield? A big piece of reinforced glass? Transparent aluminum?

Top Bottom