MINI COMPETITION THINGY: For my final civ

Alzara

Emperor
Hey all,

I'm posting separately here to get ideas for my final civ for the upcoming Naeralith Reborn modmod.

There will be one final civ added to this mod. This civ will be a good civ, but that is the only requirement.

If anyone here has any nice ideas as to what they would like to see as the final good civ in the mod, then please feel free to post here. After some deliberation between Psychic_Llamas and myself, we shall decide which of these ideas will be incorperated into the mod :)

Knock yourselves out guys :D

Al

I vote for a mechanical civ, fallow of course. All units would be golems, and they'd increase population through a repeatable ritual that increases in cost based on city size... That would probably have to work like the reborn discounts for the Scions in FF, by adding a building via python to increase hammers.

Darn, Good civ :p

Hmm... what about a civ ruled by a good (and not neutral for Sucellus's sake) mage?

Umm...civ of goodly scholars trying to protect ancient knowledge?

Err... civ of people who accept refugees from everywhere (is that more neutral?)

umm... I dunnow

I vote for a mechanical civ, fallow of course. All units would be golems, and they'd increase population through a repeatable ritual that increases in cost based on city size... That would probably have to work like the reborn discounts for the Scions in FF, by adding a building via python to increase hammers.
SKYNET!! :scan::crazyeye: Well, except Skynet is evil. Or so they say.
Erm. Damn, I said it again...

A good civ?
Hm.

No idea for the moment.
I'll try later :)

Good civ is hard, can we plz do an Seon/PL/Alzaraisque civ?

Civ that would get city pop from refugees, unit's build would be from an random race (represanting refugees from all kind of races), maybe could build UU from other civs or get them from events, big citys(like kurios but no setlements, just more maintanance cost for citys)

Hmnnn. Interesting challenge.

I've always thought that someone should do an insectile race. I'd suggest an evolved ant-hive type of civ called the Formicans. Each Formican is about half the size of a typical man. Formican society is not a true hive, but is very legalistic and communal. Because of their commitment to "law and order" and the common weal, the Formicans should qualify as "good" in a FfH2 world. Not sure with which God they would associate most closely, though.

An insectile race would open up some fun possibilities for UUs and UBs, too!

For those of us unfamiliar with this mod, could you give us some guidelines or describe the project? What sort of framework would this civ have to fit into? Or are you just looking for any sort of good race?

edit: I read the first post in your mod thread, but it didn't seem to have a summary of the intent of the mod.

Oooh! Oooh! Insects sounds cool, although they don't sound "good."

@Veridian: I write civpedias for this game and have no idea what this game will be about :p

For those of us unfamiliar with this mod, could you give us some guidelines or describe the project? What sort of framework would this civ have to fit into? Or are you just looking for any sort of good race?

edit: I read the first post in your mod thread, but it didn't seem to have a summary of the intent of the mod.

Naeralith Reborn is set on a world called Naeralith which I have had designs on for quite a while. Hence the reason I decided to make a mod out of it :)

It is set after most of civilisation has been destroyed by the Daemon Lord Alzara. He was defeated however, and now everybody is rebuilding. The world is still riddled with daemonic portals and is hence very dangerous. Also there will be chunks of the world that will be pretty much useless until later in the game (blasted lands).

The idea is I suppose similar to FfH. Survive, expand and conquer or whatever :)

The tech tree is longer, and contains a stretched out "survival" period (e.g. agriculture is a tier 3 tech). The game will eventually evolve into high powered magical steam punk if you manage to survive that long.

There is no real criteria I'm laying down for this "Good" team, because all the other civs (apart from 1 or 2) I have already designed prior to working on a civ mod. I need a good team for balancing purposes really, and to complete my list.

So feel free to post whatever ideas you might have... the more descriptive the better :D

Al

OH I know, I was tired and sick of how there was no "good" assassins, how about a civ of assassins devoted in fighting against EVIL?

They would have cool assassin UUs that have bonus against demon units, I guess.

Uh oh, but how will we make them seem good....

I still vote for my goodly assassins, with their unique temple (Jedi?), assasssin UUs (Boba Fett?), and their cute litte white bunny that throws fireballs, oh wait that's too me.

also, Al, i vote we let the public make a poll on this. after all the submissions make a poll and see which is most popular. then we can make a choice.

I agree! We will let the thread fill up a bit first... then we'll make the poll :)

How exciting :D

Al

Youre at this mod too PL? =)
A good civ... Hmm... i could always take basis from one of my races from The Five Planes....

I am writing for this mod too! :wavey:

Name: Iriquan (Just a idea :))
Description: The Iriquan are multidimensional beings, they live in more than one dimension at the same time, and do therefore see things alot diffirent from other races. They use their multidmensional powers to channel what they call planar magic, and they are good at summoning. They have seen the pattern of the universe, and they know what would happen if the demons took over the world, so they fight for what they call the greater good. The Iriquan look abit like humans, but their eyes are a very pale green color, and glow all the time. The Iriquan have pale skin, and wear only light clothes, allowing them to move extremely fast. Some Iriquans have developed wings, and are called skyspawns. They travel on huge flying ships, using planar crystals as fuel.
Advantages: The Iriquan moves extremely fast, and are nimble fingered. Some of them have wings, wich allows them to move over mountains without problems. The Iriquan sees things from the viewpoint of many dimensions, and have a natural talent for research. They also have a love for mechanics, and build enormous flying ships just for the joy of building them.
Disadvantages: The Iriquan arent good at fortifying and heavy armor. They are weak in melee combat, and has problems with cold climate. Because they see things another way than most other races, they have a hard time making freinds.
Special Unit Ideas: Flying Troopers, Flying Ships, Fast Workers, Fast Troopers.
Promotions/Traits: Multidimensional: 1 first strike chance and 10% evasion (if that is something available for promotions...)
Leaders: Khuqua, The Overseer: A strict person that does not want anything to go wrong. (since i dont know personalities for this mod il leave that to you ;)) Okri Mintak: A kind ruler. Good at motivation, aswell as a being a fantastic warlord.
Heroes: Nizuk: A Iriquan engeneer, known for being the first making armor and weaponry out of planar crystals. A great warrior too.

Need anything else in this discription? tell me =)

Top Bottom