Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a bunch of lua hooks or something that weren't in the base game that require modifying deep game files in such a way that he can't just extract the new hooks without the modifications

Natan-repellent :p

Very smart, his Modjesty.... confuse your rival with words he doesn't understand. Impressive!:p

After trade will come out, will traders require imroved tile of the resourse? If so Lotos doesen't have improvement.

I seem to be getting some kind of issue where none of the new resources (or tribes) are spawning in my games. I do seem to be getting Obsidian, Saffron and Lotus - but I think this is because I am running P&P as well.

Logs are attached in the case of it being a conflict; logs

Looking trough the text XML I found something intresting.
There is something called "Landmark", that we can discover and they provides various yelds (It's
definitely not those landmarks that we get from improving Antiquity Sites, because for spain yelds from landmarks are doubled, but I've got no double yelds from vanilla landmarks)
Also there is new improvements, that probably is actual JFD landmarks. There is "Monastery" "Shipwreck" "Temple" and "Tribe"
Possibly tribes and shipwercks are not landmarks, cuz tibes did not give double yelds for Spain, and shipwrecks doesent have yelds at all.
I palyed several times with ExCE but I never found those landmarks. More over there is no monastery and temple improvements available in IGE

You ruined JFD's suprise now...

I'm really looking forward to playing this; just need to get some support on installing the community patch first >.< Grumble grumble.

Yeah it's not as simple as that. The instructions don't provide much help in the way of trouble shooting so I've posted my screengrabs on the Bug Reports page of the mod and hopefully that'll yield some results so I can play the exploration mod.

This crashes after the first turn and some units and tribes show the txt with the name of it. Help please I really want to play this :eekdance:

What mods you have enacted?

P&P caused problems to some people a&#1548;ready.
(Also, i forgot: welcome to the forum! :goodjob:)

Looking trough the text XML I found something intresting.
There is something called "Landmark", that we can discover and they provides various yelds (It's
definitely not those landmarks that we get from improving Antiquity Sites, because for spain yelds from landmarks are doubled, but I've got no double yelds from vanilla landmarks)
Also there is new improvements, that probably is actual JFD landmarks. There is "Monastery" "Shipwreck" "Temple" and "Tribe"
Possibly tribes and shipwercks are not landmarks, cuz tibes did not give double yelds for Spain, and shipwrecks doesent have yelds at all.
I palyed several times with ExCE but I never found those landmarks. More over there is no monastery and temple improvements available in IGE
I asked JFD about this in his civilization thread, and he said landmarks are supposed to be mini-natural wonders surrounded by barbarians(To represent indigenous tribes).

Pretty sure it was something a bit different to that :p Landmarks were "Tribes" in a less developed incarnation and for all intents and purposes have been succeeded by the concept of "Tribes" - which is a generalistic misnomer. Leftover text is leftover.

I'm really looking forward to playing this; just need to get some support on installing the community patch first >.< Grumble grumble.

You can't use DLL mods on Mac, unfortunately.

Now that you're back in business, ETA on the next update? I haven't a chance to start a game yet, and if it'll be very soon, then there's no reason for me to start until it hits. But if it's a few days off, then I shouldn't torture myself waiting like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom