Muscogee Confederacy

Firebug

Not-so Great Engineer
The Muscogee Confederacy is a new Civilization i want to make based around trade and diplomacy, led by Chief Taskanugi Hatke

The Muscogee were considered one of the five civilized tribes, integrating science and culture of the European American neighbours.

UA: Four Mothers Society
Each trade route departing from a city increases the :c5science: Science output in that city by 10% (Max 30%). Each trade route arriving at a city increases the :c5culture: Culture output in that city by 10% (up to 30%).

UU: Mico (Great General)
Gives nearby melee units a15% bonus in territory and can conduct Trade missions but is less effective at it then Great Merchants.

UU: Deerskin Tradepost (Caravansary)
+2 Gold from receiving trade routes and +2 Gold for the trade route owner. +1 Gold and +1 Culture from Deer resources. Requires nearby deer resource.

What i've completed so far
  • Design
  • City Names
  • UU coding
  • Icons all complete
  • Leaderhead
  • Compatibility with Cultural Diversity, Historical Religions and Piety and Prestige

What is needed to be done and what requires help
  • UA Coding PRIORITY
  • Unit Model - Civitar dealing with this.
  • Music
  • Diplomacy Responses
  • Compatibility with Community Balance Patch, Ethnic Units, Civ Traits, Events and Decisions, Map Labels, Unique Cultural Influence and Yet Another Earth Map Pack

Images
Spoiler :

Taskanugi Hatke by Firebug

Mico by DJSHenninger

Deerskin Tradepost by DJSHenninger

That'd be great, for the Mico you could use an image of one of the chiefs that i'm not using for the leaderscreen

Spoiler :

But i don't know what you could use for a Deerskin tradepost icon.

I can't really help with anything but a little brainstorming.

As leader name, the original Muscogee name should be best. CivV is little inconsistent in that, some leaders have names put into the anglophonic equivalent (Catherine, Casimir...) or written in phonetical equivalent to his name in their own alphabet, but never a translated name, so we have Pacal, not "Shield" (translation of his name), and Montezuma, not "He frowns like a lord".
And I doubt he was ever called William by his own people. Perhaps he should have a name change if English become culturally influential over them? :D

Now at uniques. I think deerskin tradepost would be better as replacement for caravansary with a bit of tweaking, at least it would bring this, probably one of most ignored buildings, into game. I like the UA and UU, it's unconventional. Although it pushes you into specific kind of play, it might be interesting.
Colors are usually based on symbol, but if you want a scheme, green and blue would probably suit them well. Start with inverted Celtic scheme and tweak it, I think there's no civ similar to that (except mods perhaps).

Thanks for the brainstorming, and your right, the Caravansary would be a better option (Since everyone loves the banks large gold bonus).
I originally made it a renaissance building to represent the trading that they did with the colonials when they arrived, but since its Civ it's hardly required.

I'll write that change above now.
and i don't know what the flag is going to look like. but the colours seem like a good choice.

Edit: The Creek people are the main founders of the Muscogee Confederacy, and the Creek flag is

So that seems like the most suitable choice, since there seems to be no real Muscogee Confederacy flag.

Quick Icon to see what people think. I took the colours from a Muscogee Confederacy seal that i found (but isn't good for an icon) and the sun from the flag above.
Spoiler :

Deerskin Tradepost could use something like this
Spoiler :

I've recruited the help of DJSHenninger for some icons and i'll probably choose my favourites of the 2 of yours.
It'll probably end up being a mix of both of yours if i like them all.
By DJSHenninger

But i'm still eager to see yours McGann

Edit:
Just been coding in the city names and i have to say the names are amusing.
Fish-Pond is the name of one of the towns and so is Flint River.

EditEdit:
UA name received from ScapeGrace after request.

When sending a Trade Route to another Civilization, gain a +10% global :c5science: Science boost for each Technology they have researched that you have not. Cities generate +10% :c5culture: Culture for each International Trade Route sent to them.

Now i need a leaderscreen for this beautifully mixed race American Indian chap
Spoiler :

Hmmm, Scottish American Indians.

I've come to notice more recently that there was no clear leader of the Muscogee Confederacy and William McIntosh was simply a Creek nation chief. But from what i could research the Creek WERE the Muscogee Confederacy's founders. My choice to name them their traditional name makes research much more difficult, but i'm sticking with William McIntosh since he's the most prominent of all the Creek Chiefs.

In other news, I need help coding that UA. I have no clue where to start.

Definitely use Henniger's icon for the general. That's far better than what I'm doing.

He hasn't done a tradepost icon, i'd love to see what you do.

I've done everything i can until i can work out how to code the UA and i'm also waiting on Icons and a leaderscreen.

Just made a leaderscreen and no words can describe how happy i am with how it came out. This is my first time doing a leader screen that isn't just made using other Leaderscreens (like Alexander, Washington and Ghandi)

Spoiler :

Now i just need to make the UA work... (the secret is, i have noooo idea how...) and then get the last icons and also Unit Art.

and a load of compatibility, but that's not priority.

Just made a leaderscreen and no words can describe how happy i am with how it came out. This is my first time doing a leader screen that isn't just made using other Leaderscreens (like Alexander, Washington and Ghandi)

Spoiler :

Really really great!

Thanks guys. Any clue on how that UA will work? I've been looking into the LUA references and at other people's work and theres little to give clues on what i should do for it.

I'm wondering whether a change in the UA to make it a bit more manageable to code would be in order.
But i like this idea so much at the moment.

I'm wondering whether a change in the UA to make it a bit more manageable to code would be in order.
But i like this idea so much at the moment.

When sending a Trade Route to another Civilization, gain a +10% global Science boost for each Technology they have researched that you have not. Cities generate +10% Culture for each International Trade Route sent to them
I think in order to code the culture from trade routes you'll need to set a cap, say up to 30% or such? As for the science part of the UA, maybe gain a boost in science if other player has higher tech count, (more balanced in my opinion anyway ;) :p) I do think in this case dummy buildings are probably your friend.
PS. The mico sounds awesome

For the uu graphic, how about This? ( I could attempt a reskin)

Top Bottom