Air Rebase to Allied City States

labriejp

Jack of all trades
I've been trying to do some research on this on this site as well as others.

What I would like to do is add in some code, to make it an option for a Civ to be able to perform an Air Rebase with an Allied (only) city state. Reflecting the real world where this actually happens.

From what I've gathered so far, I know that with all the airstrip mods, it is basically a land unit aircraft carrier that performs airstrip functions. But unless that unit is allowed to fortify in an allied city state city, I don't see that works (most of them claim land as well I think).

Does anyone have any idea on how to start this? I think it would add some much needed realism to the game, and to my advanced aircraft units mod that is still in development.

Thanks!!

See "Global - City State Airbases"

You're in luck as the two game events needed to support this mod were added by Firaxis in the last patch (so it no longer needs my modded DLL)

Thanks Whoward! Would you mind terribly if I included this in my mod?

See "Global - City State Airbases"

You're in luck as the two game events needed to support this mod were added by Firaxis in the last patch (so it no longer needs my modded DLL)

Does this apply for Air Bases as well? I know you have a mod for air bases, but it requires a modded DLL, I would prefer not to have to do that if possible.

So long as you're using the "Improvement - Air Bases" version, yes, the required events are also in the latest patch

So long as you're using the "Improvement - Air Bases" version, yes, the required events are also in the latest patch

Hmm, I just tried to implement it using the latest version of Improvement - Air Bases and it didn't work.

Database.log shows nothing...

WHoward, I implemented your mod code version 12, exactly from picknMix and the improvement is not showing up. I did notice something in the modinfo file though.

<File md5="82445703B9AA57883B25D7F9E00FAA5E" import="1">ART/SV_Airbase.dds</File>
<File md5="737F4364E98DB5EEC9A458947CF8DCFE" import="0">LUA/ImprovementAirbases.lua</File>
<File md5="C912C1083B3F77C84D5A2FD175F0A7FA" import="0">SQL/ImprovementAirbaseArtwork.sql</File>
<File md5="0AC5313CA7113FB33EC8437A65DEBF0F" import="1">UI/InGame/UnitFlagManager.lua</File>
<File md5="FB8CF934E3077B36DEC7470EA78AA41D" import="1">UI/InGame/UnitFlagManager.xml</File>

<File md5="66FB50F3914FBDB93B5A59D266BA241D" import="0">XML/BuildAirbase.xml</File>
<File md5="8D21E915062E67B3903FBBF49CE08BD4" import="0">XML/ImprovementAirbase.xml</File>
<File md5="F5E4D698EBEA94ADA3FF5F19BA12E9E7" import="0">XML/ImprovementAirbaseIcons.xml</File>
</Files>
<Actions>
<OnModActivated>
<UpdateDatabase>XML/ImprovementAirbase.xml</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>XML/ImprovementAirbaseIcons.xml</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>SQL/ImprovementAirbaseArtwork.sql</UpdateDatabase>
<UpdateDatabase>XML/BuildAirbase.xml</UpdateDatabase>
</OnModActivated>
</Actions>
<EntryPoints>
<EntryPoint type="InGameUIAddin" file="LUA/ImprovementAirbases.lua">
<Name>ImprovementAirbases</Name>
<Description>Improvement - Airbases</Description>
</EntryPoint>
</EntryPoints>
</Mod>
It is showing a VFS import of UnitFlagManager.lua into VFS ---- I thought that was a no no.. Also that LUA file was not listed as an InGameAddin under EntryPoints.
either way, I tried the files as is, and then I took the LUA out of VFS, put in entrypoints, and it still doesn't work.
It also doesn't show up in IGE. I'm wondering if it needs to be tweaked at all now that the latest patch doesn't required your modded DLL.

Again, database.log shows nothing.

update to this.. i finally saw the worker improvement with an airplane on it.. didn't get the art to show up, or for the ability to rebase. I ended up including CustomModOptions.xml into the mod. Still haven't included the dll yet.
Do I need to include anything else from the DLL Various Improvements?

update - I included custommodtables.xml hoping it would help.. nope.

I don't know why but I just can't get it to work independantly.

Is there any way you could remove the hooks from it to DLL various mod components?

It is showing a VFS import of UnitFlagManager.lua into VFS ---- I thought that was a no no.. Also that LUA file was not listed as an InGameAddin under EntryPoints.

The settings for the UnitFlagManager.lua/xml files are correct as they are replacements for core game files, see the 3rd link in my sig

Is there any way you could remove the hooks from it to DLL various mod components?

The edits to the original mods are trivial

For "Improvement - Airbases"
Edit the "Improvement - Airbases (v 12).modinfo" file and DELETE the line
Code:
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="1" maxversion="999" title="DLL - Various Mod Components" />

Edit the "XML/ImprovementAirbase.xml" file and DELETE the section
Code:
<CustomModOptions>
	<Update>
		<Where Name="EVENTS_REBASE"/>
		<Set Value="1"/>
	</Update>
</CustomModOptions>

For "Global - City State Airbases"
Edit the "Global - City State Airbases (v 3).modinfo" file and DELETE the line
Code:
    <Mod id="d1b6328c-ff44-4b0d-aad7-c657f83610cd" minversion="1" maxversion="999" title="DLL - Various Mod Components" />

Edit the "XML/GlobalCityStateAirbases.xml" file and DELETE the section
Code:
<CustomModOptions>
	<Update>
		<Where Name="EVENTS_REBASE"/>
		<Set Value="1"/>
	</Update>
	<Update>
		<Where Name="EVENTS_MINORS"/>
		<Set Value="1"/>
	</Update>
</CustomModOptions>

Update - WHoward, somehow that one thing.. and now Airbases work just fine without the DLL.

Thanks so much for the help!

Top Bottom