Whats wrong with small continents?

Hakuoh

Warlord
I like playing Continents but i hate it when the game makes it a 2 Continents map where 6 Civs are on each one. So i tryed small continents but this is more like iseland...
The Landmass is way to small and you can barly move your Units throw the small conections..

Isnt there a map which splits the Map in like 3-4 Continents with 12 players?

Fractal might sometimes do something sorta like this. Or maybe frontier.

I like playing Continents but i hate it when the game makes it a 2 Continents map where 6 Civs are on each one. So i tryed small continents but this is more like iseland...
The Landmass is way to small and you can barly move your Units throw the small conections..

Isnt there a map which splits the Map in like 3-4 Continents with 12 players?
Try setting the 'sea level' as 'low' and the map size to at least 'large' and you should have plenty of land on 'small continents'.

'Small continents' is really more like "large islands" to be fair, but tweaking the settings can improve the generation if you want more land.

Fractal might sometimes do something sorta like this. Or maybe frontier.

I'll give another vote for trying Fractal...you may get chokepoints that give you the breathing room you want.

I love Frontier -- though you get a *lot* of mountains (which can be good or bad). I have had Frontier maps with two continents, and also a good sized unsettled island. I like having something to explore after everyone has staked out their chunk of turf. Not to mention ruins to pop -- even if they're not likely to be valuable endgame.

I'm not sure if you'd like Terra or not -- you have plenty of breathing room if you can be the first Civ to the unoccupied continent. On Prince, this wasn't as much fun as I thought -- none of the other civs are trying to settle the continent, despite having sea travel.

Small contenants script overlaps with Large Islands.
Your either going to get (standard size) 1 or 2 major players and 1 or 2 city states on all landmasses that include major player either way.

The difference is that your much more likely to be on a landmass with only yourself as the major player on Large Islands. (10% of time on Large Islands there was another AI; 70% of time on Small Contenants there was another AI)

Of note, the Large Island script overlaps with Tiny Islands; while generally Large Island is bigger, the smallest roll on Large Island is smaller than the biggest roll of Tiny Islands.

Somewhere In the game files I changed the continents map so they have 3 continents but I can't remember where they were.

Top Bottom