19th century spin-off, stand-alone or mod?

Lecen

Chieftain
I was playing CIV IV: Colonization and I wondered why the producers never made a spin-off, stand-alone or mod based on the 19th century.

It could start in 1815 and go up to 1914 or 1918. It would be great to see civilizations and leaders such as Autria (Franz Joseph), Britan (Victoria), USA (Lincoln), Japan (Meiji), France (Napoleon III), Brazil (Pedro II), Paraguay (Solano López), China (Cixi), and many, many others.

What are your thoughts?

Moderator Action: Moved to General Discussions, has nothing to do with Brave New World

My thoughts are:

But yeah besides that I have to say it might be a very interesting setting, but how would the actual gameplay look like?
If it were just normal civ gameplay then I'm not sure if it was enough for a stand alone game.
There probably are mod scenarios of that time for other civ games already.

I don't think Lincoln really fits the theme. In terms of imperialist expansionism, McKinley or (Theodore) Roosevelt would be much better fits.

I, for one, would absolutely love to see a Civ V update of Exile's brilliant "Imperialism 1870" scenario from Civ II, incorporating the new International Trade Route system and having separate civs for all the countries of South America and the Germanic world. Of course, barbarians would have to be able to control cities again for that to work. Still, if they could replicate that scenario with the Civ V mechanics, I'd pay full price for it.

There's going to be a Scramble for Africa scenario in BNW, I don't know what year they'll have it start but it is definitely a 19th Century feel. I hope you can go to war in Europe still

Top Bottom