Can No Longer Change Production/Purchase during AI turn

B

blkbltchemie

Prior to the early July 2013 patch (sorry, not sure what day it was released), I had been able during the AI's turn to click on my city, open the production menu, and change production or purchase a building/unit. Since the patch this is no longer possible--I can still open the city screen and production menu but cannot change or purchase. I'm not sure if it is a bug or was an intentional change, but wanted to bring attention to it.

I first noticed this in the BNW demo, but have since checked both a pre-patch save game (Arabia save) and started a new game post-patch (Rome-N save) and observed the problem in both. All of three have been checked today (7/14) and all are in single player mode with G&K and all DLC, no mods.

If there is any other information you would like me to provide, please let me know. Thanks!

View attachment Arabia.Civ5Save
View attachment Rome-N.Civ5Save

Experiencing the same thing. In fact, if I open the city screen during the AI turn, I can't do anything even when the AI turn is finished; I have to close and re-open the city screen before I can make changes there. Same applies to other screens (AI diplo, CSs, etc.).

Same experience here.

Intentional according to Maddjinn in his latest let's play series. Reason: Improved stability.

I can see why it won't let you do stuff while it;s processing the ai turn/. It should however automatically switch into "be allowed to change stuff mode"when the processing is done (right now you have to leave the city screen first and then reenter it).

Backwards step. Hope they bring this feature back. Especially on huge maps...

Top Bottom