Great Works of Art & Music being randomly re-attributed

frunobulax

High Sheriff of Catford
Has anyone else come across the issue of many of their Great Works of Art & Music being randomly re-attributed to other Artists or Composers?

I noticed this issue this morning whilst continuing my current game as Venice (presently up to 1926, in the Modern Era). The save file is attached for your perusal.

[Some unrelated observations, you'll see in this game the rampaging Huns, who've already taken down Egypt and Polynesia, currently attacking - appropriately enough - Rome, plus the normally aggressive (in G&K) Songhai sharing the Freedom ideology and having not been involved in any wars. Also, Austria are inadvertently losing their diplomatic clout in the World Congress by gradually annexing their allied City-States of Malacca and Lhasa...]

Anyway some examples (see related screenshots below too)...

Example #1: Art as other Artist's Art
In my Uffizi Gallery In Venice, what was originally Katsushika Hokusai's 'The Great Wave' is now shown as being Katsushika Hokusai's 'Henry VIII' (which is of course Hans Holbein's 'Henry VIII', which my Civ has not created by the way).
I checked earlier saves from 1850 (Industrial Era) and 1804 (Renaissance Era) this problem was there too, though whether this is a reload issue I'm unsure. However, I know when this work was originally created it definitely showed the graphic of Hokusai's 'The Great Wave', not least because I remember thinking it seemed an appropriate work for the naval-oriented Venice.
Similar issue with several other works... e.g. Gustav Klimt's 'The Kiss' now being credited as Gustav Klimt's 'View of Toledo' (El Greco).

Example #2: Art as other Composer's Music
Samuel F. B. Morse's 'Gallery of the Louvre' is now a piece of music, Samuel F. B. Morse's 'Symphony , which should of course be Franz Josef Haydn's 'Symphony No. 93'!
Similar issue with Winslow Homer's 'Breezing Up' now being credited as Winslow Homer's 'Fifth Symphony' (Beethoven).

I've not seen this issue with Works of Music or Literature being randomly re-attributed, so I'm guessing this is a graphics issue?

Please load the save and tell me if your install of the game shows this issue, as it could also be something local to my install of the game.

Maybe I've unlocked some 'Back To The Future' achievement whereby my 'Indiana Jones' archaeologist discovers an ancient DeLorean and travels back in time with Marty McFly with a copy of Ernst Gombrich's classic book 'The Story of Art'...

Attachments

• Henry VIII.jpg
    Henry VIII.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 377
  • Symphony No. 93.jpg
    Symphony No. 93.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 398
  • Enrico Dandolo_0516 AD-1926.Civ5Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 122
Top Bottom