Wtf the Soldiers from XCOM: Enemy Unknown are in this game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mistake: The X-Com project was specifically an imaginary paramilitary organization, charted by the UN to defend mankind from an alien invasion. It used the best earthbound technology of it time (which admitedly did nothing) and reversed engineered alien tech to defeat the aliens in a time frame of 5 years (at least in the original iteration). NOTHING of this will happen in the near future.

Well you can be the first member of the newly organized X-COM since you apparently have psychic powers and know what's going to happen in the near future.

EDIT: Consider that the X-COM project is associated with (the perfection of) nanotechnology. I don't have nanorobots inside me making me want to exercise more and eat less yet, so i'm just going to go ahead and say this is a potential future tech that is used to somewhat tongue-in-cheek effect.

EDIT 2: and to everybody moaning about how there isn't aliens in civilization consider this. You launch the alpha centauri rocket (quite often potentially long before you ever get Nanotech and X-COM) which goes to a planet with. . . ALIENS ON IT, and plays out the events of SMAC.

so in this universe ALIENS DO EXIST. Consider that, to some extent, the scientists prepping to launch to AC probably know/expect this and are looking for a military unit that is specifically trained for the events of X-COM:EU.

It's all canon and logical. Deal with it.
Moderator Action: Please do not troll. Please read the rules regarding trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Just because we don't have news reports of mechs "liberating" foreign cities doesn't mean it's impossible and certainly doesn't mean it's not happening in the near future, in what could well still be classified as the information age.

I don't know your age, but I can bet everything I own and I will ever own that during my lifetime (I am 30 now and plan to live for at least 40 more years) you aint gonna see anything of the short. Life aint Hollywood, despite the internet wanting it to be otherwise :D

Well you can be the first member of the newly organized X-COM since you apparently have psychic powers and know what's going to happen in the near future.

EDIT: Consider that the X-COM project is associated with (the perfection of) nanotechnology. I don't have nanorobots inside me making me want to exercise more and eat less yet, so i'm just going to go ahead and say this is a potential future tech that is used to somewhat tongue-in-cheek effect.

EDIT 2: and to everybody moaning about how there isn't aliens in civilization consider this. You launch the alpha centauri rocket (quite often potentially long before you ever get Nanotech and X-COM) which goes to a planet with. . . ALIENS ON IT, and plays out the events of SMAC.

so in this universe ALIENS DO EXIST. Consider that, to some extent, the scientists prepping to launch to AC probably know/expect this and are looking for a military unit that is specifically trained for the events of X-COM:EU.

It's all canon and logical. Deal with it.

You are just twisting meanings and words in attempt to troll just like Sonereal, there is nothing logical and canon and I dont even need to go into detailing to tell you how much your logic is flawed its blatantly obvious.

Moderator Action: Calling someone a troll is to be one. It is also trolling to comment on the quality of someone's post. Please read the rules regarding trolling.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I don't know your age, but I can bet everything I own and I will ever own that during my lifetime (I am 30 now and plan to live for at least 40 more years) you aint gonna see anything of the short. Life aint Hollywood, despite the internet wanting it to be otherwise :D

On this day in 1983 if I walked up to somebody and told them that we will have handheld devices with hundereds if not thousands of times the computational power of even the largest supercomputer of the day in 30 years they would have laughed and said exactly what you had said..

I bet the situation would be the same if you said "and on top of that, in less than 15 years humanity will be able to fully clone animals that will go on to live a full and healthy life.

Science fiction becomes science fact every single day. A lot of people have had to eat their words saying that such a scenario would "never" play out.

Is it likely? No, of course not, there's no evidence supporting intelligent alien life or anything close to an impending alien invasion, and therefore an anti-alien military outfit would be pointless.

Is it possible? What isn't.

EDIT: not sure how i'm "twisting meanings and words" when the simple truth is that in-universe there are aliens and in-universe the X-COM project and threats of alien invasion are real.

I can't understand how people can blow their tops about something like this without leaping out of their seat when they meet Persia as America in any standard game screaming and spitting at the screen "THAT NEVER HAPPENED, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

of course it's impossible, it's a video game, that's what they're for.

On this day in 1983 if I walked up to somebody and told them that we will have handheld devices with hundereds if not thousands of times the computational power of even the largest supercomputer of the day in 30 years they would have told you the same thing.

I dont know that somebody, but if you told me had I lived back there and I had some correlating knowledge of what I have now, I would have said you 'sure'. It adds. however our now with the X-Coms now is a huge gap.

Also for the record didn't say never, just not now. Its the same for those who would believe that by 2000s we would be having flying cars. We will get there in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom