Who likes Afterworld? I don't.

Do you like Afterworld?

• Yes

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • No

Votes: 81 71.7%

• Total voters
I think that it is a good idea, but above all has elements of role-playing, as described previously, but I believe that these elements had been well if you had joined the Civ and had not led to a kind of new game.

I like it. I dont think it has reached its full potential though. Things like more enemies, expendable troops and maybe more terrain, would make it great. As is though, its more than OK but it not Outstanding.

I think it's fairly good. Reminds me of UFO a bit, although there's a bug that occasionally occurs where your party is killed off for no apparent reason.
Aside from that, a good attempt at doing something different.

Does anyone else have something to say?

I couldn't finish it, because my game kept bugging and my units would disappear. I eventually got frustrated and just gave up. I liked the premise.

I liked Afterworld for what it is: an interesting, playable proof of concept about the flexibility of the Civ4 modding features. I enjoyed playing it. The plot isn't too original, but advances well enough to keep the player interested. The background information about the characters helps with immersion. The gameplay does get a bit repetitive (shooting zombies which attack from the dark), but the tasks and the different promotions of the characters, partially made up for that. I wouldn't play it again though, because now that the novelty has worn off (and I know the solutions to the tasks, as well as the ending), I expect a replay to be rather tedious. I would play an expanded version of the mod though.

I found it utterly boring and rather monotonous in the whole physical landscape of the game. Everything was dark, zombies, vortexes, even the protagonists, who looked liked strange machines. Can anyone explain that?

However, the very engine itself I think was quite interesting, in that everything, the units and the terrain, where up close and there were no cities to handle but rather individuals to handle, so future modders could potentially utilize the engine of this mod to make more fascinating and interesting Civilization RPGs, whether they are Sci-Fi or Fantasy.

In actuality, the engine could be combined with the units from FfH to create a Medieval Fantasy RPG. I would also like to see the terrain and the landscape as a whole lightened a bit to accommodate this.

I'm currently ill and therefore playing all the BTS mods I haven't yet got around to playing.

I voted yes because Afterworld scores big points from me for being completely different than Civ. I'm a modder myself (albeit for a different game) and therefore I can appreciate all the work and effort that has gone into modding civ into something completely different: A tactical RPG. The emphasis on ranged combat was refreshing and the first time you meet one of the Ferals, shoot it down and it gets up again even stronger you go "OHhorsehockyOHhorsehockyOhorsehockyIMGONNADIEAAAAAARGH"

That said, the mod has some balance issues. Movement upgrades are almost compulsory and by far the strongest upgrade you can get. Healing is fairly pointless because of the many consoles lying around and general quick recovery rate. But all in all I enjoyed it.

By the way: The protagonists look like machines because they are in some kind of armor. I don't know why they made them look so weird, though.

At a first try, I like it, unlike most posters. Has some game breaking bugs that seem to rear up from time to time though. I got to the point where Sever is supposedly supposed to leave, but he didn't, so the path ahead never opened and I had to abandon the game. Fun while it lasted though.

Mostly, another proof of concept mod, much like final frontier. Final Frontier sucks. Final Frontier Plus is awesome (and other modmods, like Star Trek, are pretty good too). Too bad no talented modders liked this one enough to make an Afterworld Plus to get it closer to its potential.

I kind of enjoyed played the scenario. There were somethings that would have helped a better playgame but I still enjoyed despite the bugs and awkwardness... until I got stuck and did not understand what had to do next! I'd would have liked to finish it.

It's a whole different thing from 'Civ' and that is partially why I've enjoyed it.

Top Bottom