WTF is up up with world war 2 scen.

You didn't look too hard. Musso is in there. Hitler and Hirohito aren't in due to their reputation.

Get the add-on pack which adds them back in.

Where's the add-on pack?Can you send me a hyperlink please?

Thanks, your road to war mods are amazing! I can't stop playing ! :D Are you planning to do more?

Well I am not a huge pro hitler person however I did major In WWII studies and i do belive you can not have Hitlers war with out well Hitler. now there is a contraversy He is alowed in Germany as long as it is 1. Educational. 2. Has the Iron Cross or black cross instead of the broken cross. 3. is approved by the government and other people who are of importants. Germany has a new WW II musame thats only about Germany it is the only place in germany that is alowed to break rule #2 because it was approved by the UN.

now i can see why they did not put Hitler in this game.. This is a cartoony game, made for fun for kids to view and enjoy. I think it is a bad idea if you have kids enjoy a cartoony Hitler... then again it is also a bad idea to have a enjoyabule cartoony version of a few of thoes figuerheads. really advanced games such as Hearts of Iron and Making History, not many kids play it it is way too advance.
But once again this is saposed to be a Historical game and even thou people hate it they have to admit he was an important figuerhead. the world revolved around his every action for a few short years and his actions shaped the years during and after the war. maybe it is the fact a lot of people would play as him and win the war and be proud of it is the reasion why they decided not to have him.

now i can see why they did not put Hitler in this game.. This is a cartoony game, made for fun for kids to view and enjoy. I think it is a bad idea if you have kids enjoy a cartoony Hitler... then again it is also a bad idea to have a enjoyabule cartoony version of a few of thoes figuerheads. really advanced games such as Hearts of Iron and Making History, not many kids play it it is way too advance.
Well, it's not really that much of a cartoony game (of course, in some way it has the elements), but be ensured that CivIV is not made to be played mostly by little kids, at least not under the age of 12, which is the legal age of restriction in Germany and Austria (as it is not violence-free).
Furthermore, if you look at Stalins animations in the game, he doesn't look like being cartoony as we would usually call it.
You say that it is legal to set Hitler as a leader in games under the namely conditions, however, viewed from Firaxis' point, legality does not mean that they have to make use of their right.
The problem really would be that the press would be outraged that in a computer game, Hitler, the oh most evil person in the world ever, could be played by anyone. The consequences of the public attention would be rather unpredictable:
-Either the game gains famosity and is able to use this advantage to be sold as much as possible,
-Or it gains notoriousity so that most people will avoid buying it, especially if it's a parental consideration.

In the end Firaxis had to conclude that they have a good reputation and that they therefore must not risk ruining it by including Hitler into the game.
By the way, this question could also be asked: Why didn't they put the SS as a special unit for Germany or the WWII mod? The answer remains the same, I believe.

Slavery.

That one word/civic stops the whole "morality" point in it's tracks.

It's larger, is being used in some places, is still recent, and is one of the most useful things in the game.

:^P

Hirohito, like the latter Jap emperors, was just a figurehead, and didn't have much of a clue of what was going on (see "Last Samurai"). There wasn't really a commander-in-chief for Japan's ministry of defense, as the branches were fairly fractionalized. I don't remember who commanded the land force, but he was a real scum bag who made Hitler look like Marry Poppins. Krakow? How about Nanking. Nuff said. Yamamoto, on the other hand, was an insightful, respectable leader, and had a recognizable name. Easy choice.

Hitler isn't in the game because 1-what Chegata said above regarding limits on referencing him in Germany (and thereby the EU), and 2-he's a major a-hole, and nobody would want to use Germany, except for skin heads, but I'd doubt they play the game anyway. I hate the Nazis, but I respect the German spirit (you don't see hippies in Essen protesting the war and spitting on their soldiers like we did after Vietnam). Despite being a red-blooded American, I enjoy using the Germans in the RTW European theaters, especially because I get to completely pwn the French (I'm playing it right now; just erased France of the map). I'm trying to finish the game before I have to go against the stars & stripes.

I think Mao was a BAD choice as leader for China. He didn't lead the Chinese against the Japs. He came to power BECAUSE the Japs destroyed the Chinese political system. The communists didn't take over until the civil war of 1951, where the democratic Nationalists were driven out of China. In fact, Mao's guerrilla forces took to the hills, and mostly watched as the KMT forces got housed by the Japs while defending the cities. Though admittedly Mao's forces did fair much better in their limited skirmishes against the Japs.

And the flag was wrong. Even though Chinese government was very provincial at the time, the official flag was the "blue sky, white sun, field of blood." It's like the American flag, except no white stripes and 1 sun instead of 50 stars. This was the official flag from 1928 to 1951 (then became the official flag of Taiwan).

As a Chinese American, of the TRUE China (Taiwan), I would never play as China in RTW because of the Mao screw up. I do play as QSH, because he did do much more good than evil.

...actually not. Imagine the yellow press and their headlines about you being able to play as Hitler after Firaxis decides to honor history enough to put him in. Considering today's standards, that would be a political suicide in the eyes of the press for Firaxis. Also I think France and some other countries have a problem with him or anything Nazi-related being portrayed anywhere so for legal and political the official version of the scenario must include the Weimar Republic instead of Third Reich.

Luckily enough, we can alter the mod ourselves and someone actually added the two Fascists in a modified Road To War in this site. I can't recall which topic it was but it's somewhere around here.

Keep looking.

Hitler wasn't a Fascist and neither was Hirohito!!

Oop, can't say that; it's a racial slur!

In all honesty, what this whole "Hitler can't be in a game because he's a bad guy" debacle boils down to is that "we want to keep this war from happening again, even if it means nobody ever hears about him and never learns about the horrible things he did, so that means you can't put him in the game."

If we erase Hitler from history, we're just going to have more people who are like Hitler down the line, because all Hitler is is a name you can never, ever mention in public. If you erase the man behind the name, and consequently the events behind the man (*cough*holocaust*cough*) you're just fighting a self-defeating war against a wisp that is history, and all the sudden you're back where you started.

Top Bottom