Final Frontier Demo Up!!!!

It's amusing that people complain about being able to download from Fileplanet for free. You do realize that servers, bandwidth, and people to manage all that stuff cost money? It's not like they're doing community service - they're a business.

I've never had a problem using Fileplanet for free, but then, I realize it's going to take a while so I plan my downloading for when I have something else to do, like sleep.

If you want to be angry, be angry at the publishers who don't host their own files and stick us with only being able to download from places like FP. This is what irritates me, especially when it's a subscriber exclusive kind of deal.

In this case, you've got to wonder why CivFanatics and Apolyton, two huge civ communities with tons of die hard supporters and fans, don't have the download too (unless it's a matter of not wanting it due to the bandwidth hit).

I am downloading this, is anyone playing this demo now?

I am downloading this, is anyone playing this demo now?

I played about 15 turns, but had to stop so I could get ready for work. The graphics are cool, but I haven't yet figured out what everythin means or does. Your "city" is really cool! I'll play it tomorrow when I have more time. It'll be more fun when I can read up what everything does and make better decisions than just saying, "let's try this".

I'm having a CTD when contacting, or clicking The Brotherhood

just wandering if someone else has that problem or if its just faulty instalation/download

Dam, this mod is awesome!! I had 6 star systems, 1 starbase and a modest trade network before my turns were up. The red syndicate guy was my vassal, but not through war. I doubt I could wage a good war in the 100 turns available..

Really if they put the same effort into this mod as the full expansion they could create a very nice stand-alone game.

I'm having a CTD when contacting, or clicking The Brotherhood

just wandering if someone else has that problem or if its just faulty instalation/download

I've had the same problem; The Brotherhood leaderhead is crashing the game. It's two leaderheads that are missed up for me. The other one is New Earth's Hector Alvarez (No ill effects, but shows up as a purple blob with eyes)

Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo version, but even if it's still there in the full version it should be an easy fix.

Downloading now!!!!

EDIT: It's freakin huge....717 MB

The demo is great! I got a kick out of the shock and awe technology that enables the police state that has a picture of Rumsfield as it's icon.

100 turns is quite short...

but hey, you get the "feel"!

when i want to play space-4e i'll go play galciv2 though...

I've had the same problem; The Brotherhood leaderhead is crashing the game. It's two leaderheads that are missed up for me. The other one is New Earth's Hector Alvarez (No ill effects, but shows up as a purple blob with eyes)

Hopefully it's just a problem with the demo version, but even if it's still there in the full version it should be an easy fix.

Look like they didn't include the lastest versions of my leaderhead. I made the leaderhead for this scenario, so if they don't fix it, I will ;)

That was neat. I'm not sure how, but I managed a time victory. I played as the corporation guy. Founded power. Very neat game.

While my computer is far from great, this demo seemed to run much slower than usual.

I'm like-ing the range attack of the space fortress :)

Well I played the 100 turns, basically wasn't concentrating on much, seems like it will take a while to get used to, but very interesting. Mostly I just declared war, and flew my ships into things like black holes :)

The best thing about this is that is will be a great starter for a Stargate mod! with all this done, all that really needs to be done is the civs, techs and units, but the main gameplay aspects are already done!!!!!

Will the Final Frontier scenario with BtS feature random space maps?

I think it's awesome... and for me it was just like a new game... I kept looking at the descriptions but there were so many numbers and long names so I just skipped :p later I learn the bonuses and stuff...
I played as the new earth (or whatever the name is) and about 30 turns left 2 civs declared war and the other was annoyed.. I just quit :p

btw one of the bg music was in FfH2... one of the war themes or something :lol:

Will the Final Frontier scenario with BtS feature random space maps?
Yes, the full version of Final Frontier has random maps, with custom options to set Feature & Star System density as well as size.

Jon

Jon Shafer? are you the "real" Jon Shafer?
the crazy guy who made this awesome mod??

wow – it looks so great! the graphic is unbelievable!
i especially like that you can see some improvements on your planets/orbit :goodjob:

the only think i hate is that there are some "recycled" icons from the epic game in your mod :(
i hope this is only in the demo…

Top Bottom