• The Road to War

Votes: 26 6.7%

• Total voters

MusX

Prince
Poll like in topic :cool:
Afterworld it's terrible imo :nuke:
I don't have any favorite, most of the rest are quite fine

Afterworld is my favorite. :) Defense is the worst in my opinion, bad it isn't a bad scenario. All the scenarios are good, most of them are better than the warlords and vanilla ones.

I do agree that Defense is a bit simplistic, but quite fun so far.

I am in the process of deleting almost all of the scenarios... I was a sport and tried them all, but I am not a scifi/fantasy nut, so most of them bored me silly. I think the only keepers for me are Road to War and Crossroads. Rhys scen. is actually pretty interesting (and I played pre-BtS), but civs come and go way too quickly. Guess it's just the Epic game for me.

And therein you see the problem with anonymous polls..... why have people voted for Rhye's (just as an example)? I'm not saying that people can't have their own opinion and that they must like Rhye's, but a vote against something clearly well designed and stable with no explanation is worth little.... it almost seems like someone could've mis-read and voted for their favourite! :D

I voted for Afterworld too.... I dont think it's a bad scenario, it wins hands down on innovativeness, but has no interest value for me. I play civ because I like empire building.... if I wanted to play a game like that I'd play X-COM.

Defense is totally pointless for me as well, but at least it is in a civ-like theme.

i voted for defense but it was between defense and afterworld. i think the whole afterworld scenario is stupid because civilization is suposed to be a historical game. the defense scenario is pointless because youre just defending a city constantly against units like...........zombies. wtf

Afterworld's concept is interesting and new but like some other scenarios not very well thought out. Final Frontier is flawed, too, but at least has a lot of potential for modders.
I think of Defense more like a training exercise than a scenario.

The other scenarios are quite fun, though, and well worth to be played.

I find Afterworld incredibly boring. It's nice to see something new being tried, but I when I gave the scenario a go, I wasn't particularly impressed. I found myself quitting and going back to the main game after a short while. I just didn't find it fun.

Afterworld's concept is interesting and new but like some other scenarios not very well thought out. Final Frontier is flawed, too, but at least has a lot of potential for modders.
I think of Defense more like a training exercise than a scenario.

The other scenarios are quite fun, though, and well worth to be played.

thats what i thought about defense when i first read the description. i thought it would make you better at fighting defenders but now i think there is absolutely no strategy involved other than what you choose to make from the advanced start.

I voted Defense. Don't get me wrong, it is EXTREMELY fun and enjoyable. However those Suicide Grenadiers just ruin the game, since they are so incredibly broken it's not even funny.

I think Defense would be better if it used actual epic game units (or their epic game stats), so you could use it as a form of easy combat practice.

I liked the look of Final Frontier, but then became rather disappointed when playing it. It just feels so unfinished.

I voted Defense. Don't get me wrong, it is EXTREMELY fun and enjoyable. However those Suicide Grenadiers just ruin the game, since they are so incredibly broken it's not even funny.

How the heck do you even get this game going, i have no idea, all i can do is wait for the lions to defeat me???:blush:

How the heck do you even get this game going, i have no idea, all i can do is wait for the lions to defeat me???:blush:
Simple. Put your first city in the middle behind the forest tiles (the blue circle) then I usually buy 3 woodmans put one in the city then put one in the NE and then another in the SE corners defending in the forest. Just continue hitting "end turn" and watch your woodmen levels up. (lions will attack your woodmen in the forest in NE and SE corner of your city.) You can continue to build five cities in the very back (one per turn) without defenders while you build up your forces to have a forward defense. The AI will always go after your first city as long you build the others in the back. By the time you need to add the 7th city you should have a good defense force in the middle of the map thus need less defense near your cities.
hope that helps.

Simple. Put your first one city in the middle behind the forest tiles (the blue circle) then I usually buy 3 woodmans put one in the city then put one in the NE and then another in the SE corners defending in the forest. Just continue hitting "end turn" and watch your woodmen levels up. (lions will attack your woodmen in the forest in NE and SE corner of your city.) You can continue to build five cities in the very back (one per turn) without defenders while you build up your forces to have a forward defense. The AI will always go after your first city as long you build the others in the back. By the time you you need to adds the 7th city you should have a good defense force in the middle of the map thus need less defense near your cities.
hope that helps.

I use play now and it places the city there before i start, and i cant buy anything and i have for choices is Begin??:(

EDIT: I finally got it, THX alot!!!!

I use play now and it places the city there before i start, and i cant buy anything and i have for choices is Begin??:(

Don't hit begin until you finish buying your troops and city ( don't forget about tech later on ). It works just like Advance start option.

Next war - the scenario isn't good for me simply because it's so unrealistic. Moscow the capital of all Europe? Then when you pass the Urals all the Russian cities are controlled from Beijing. And having Arabs, Africans, Indians and South Americans in one civilization also seems bizarre.

I would have split it into 11 to 13 civilizations:
Northern Union - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Be-ne-lux countries, Scandinavia, Baltic countries.
Spanish Union - Spanish speaking world.
Arab Union - Muslim world.
India
China
Japan/Korea
Southeast Asia
Indonesia/Polynesia
Slavic union - Russia, Eastern Europe etc.
Central Asian Union
English Union - English speaking world (USA, UK, Australia. They had conquered most of Southern Africa)
Brazil
Southern Europe - Italy, Greece, France (who have conquered Central-Africa)

oh well, at least I don't like it :(

I like the others though and Defense is quite interesting and fun to play.

The one moomin that voted for Rhye's of Civilization clearly didn't get it.

Top Bottom