Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Next War

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Rhye's and Fall of Civilization

Votes: 17 4.4%
  • The Road to War

Votes: 26 6.7%

• Total voters
I say defense, its stupid, and not really a scenario.
Since Lincoln was added and it's supposed to be centered around his time era I would've liked an American Civil War Scenario.

Hi, my first time here, nice forum by the way.

Anyway, in "Defense" you have one town, only one, and you must defend it against incoming barbarians and other enemies (such like egyptians etc.)

welcome highblood89...

you guys are nuts. Even though Afterworld may not be awesome for playing over and over again, I really thought it was the best hands down. Have you even tried it? Beautiful original work, and a great, kinda "resident evil feel" to it. I must admit, it was the very last of the scenario's I tried, mainly because you mention the word zombie and that turns about 1/2 the crowd away instantly, but I really like the creative design used in this mod/scenario. Its as close to an rpg as any mod has gotten.

Most of the others I was just disappointed with because of lack of depth in nearly all area's. Ugly grey icons and very meager tech tree's that make the game boring really quick. Really none of them have too much replayablity but hey, at least they added the paratrooper.

PS dutchking see my sig...

coming to bts soon.

Well RFC was a disapointment. My first impressions were horrible. First an Electric guitar! Then 32 turns of AI auto play! Then units appearing out of nowhere w/o it even telling why!

uhhh, Navy Seal...are you pretending to be clueless? RFC is supposed to be like that!

Civ defense is by far the worst, its boring, abysmal, and has an absolutely stupid concept. Crossroads is also a bit lacking, quite disappointing. Afterworld was really flashy but in reality was rather repetitive and small. I also have to say I'm not surprised with the amount of historical inaccuracy in the firaxis historical scenarios.

uhhh, Navy Seal...are you pretending to be clueless? RFC is supposed to be like that!
Not pretending I was expecting it to be a little random not nomatter what you get the unit. And I was expecting it to tell something like "Serfs and Peaseants began to work" or something in the lines of that.

I would have to say that it is a tie between Afterworld and Defence.

Defence is pointless, lacking in just about everything except combat, and a rather poor job at that.

Afterworld is innovative, but nowhere near FF and hence this overshadowment adds to the scenario's all-to-obvious problems. the concept is original, but unplayable.

The other scenarios/mods are pretty good except for Rhye's, which is in need of tweaking and bug fixing, but that is salvageble

i voted against rhyse, the scenerio is nice but I was expecting way more freedom with when and how i wanted to change civs, as well as i would have liked to be able to watch the civs just do their thing.

But still defense is terrible, they didn't even use the same units that we use on a normal game, so the benefit of playing it and actually learning something is even further reduced. Its ok to play once, but thats about it.

I was hoping for more of a strategic defense game, where you play almost as normal but have throngs of barbarians rushing at you, while your producing new units, buildings walls ect. The whole concept of advanced start is rather boring to me, it is strategic garbage and frankly I'll never use it.

But still defense is terrible, they didn't even use the same units that we use on a normal game, so the benefit of playing it and actually learning something is even further reduced. Its ok to play once, but thats about it.

I was hoping for more of a strategic defense game, where you play almost as normal but have throngs of barbarians rushing at you, while your producing new units, buildings walls ect. The whole concept of advanced start is rather boring to me, it is strategic garbage and frankly I'll never use it.

While Defence is an undoubtably pointless piece of total Garbage, I rather like the Advanced Start option.

I haven't played them all yet so I won't caste a vote. I have tried Final Frontier and Afterworld. I like them because they are similar to games that I love; Master of Orion II and X-COM: UFO Defense.

Afterworld should really be made into it's own game. A new Master of Orion is way overdue but will probably not happen because of how bad MOO3 was. The mod/scenario Final Frontier is good but feels unfinished. Lots of modding opportunities with FF.

I haven't played them all yet so I won't caste a vote. I have tried Final Frontier and Afterworld. I like them because they are similar to games that I love; Master of Orion II and X-COM: UFO Defense.

Afterworld should really be made into it's own game. A new Master of Orion is way overdue but will probably not happen because of how bad MOO3 was. The mod/scenario Final Frontier is good but feels unfinished. Lots of modding opportunities with FF.

MOO3 was a fifty dollar shame :cry:

Top Bottom