Mesoamerica Mod

Then you need to learn python as well ;) With XML only you will not get there :p

I keep what I said above: as soon as people agree on how to fix it, the worst part is done :D There are things that are easy to do ( remove stonehenge, the mids, longbows ( or replace them by suitable replacements ) ... that kind of stuff ). The plague mechanic needs a serious tone down and/or a imunization feature ( to prevent units of catching the disease over and over again ) and the Spanish waves are both mistimed and completely borked in terms of what they bring ( really, explorers ? ... The regular civ IV explorers, the same ones that can't kill a wolf ? :cry: ). Other stuff could be included as well, but people would have to agree in what ;)

Like i said in the Funny screenshots thread, this is most likely a display issue. It definitely ressembles the vanilla/Warlords issues with the interface sometimes showing deep in red numbers due to deficient interpetration of slightly negative gpt.

if you share the changes , I'm pretty sure it will be easier to pinpoint the issue, but I'm pretty sure that negative gpt is not real.

Yeah sorry for posting this here, too. I was pretty freaked out and then I saw this thread so I thought Id put it here, too.

I added a Spanish horses corp in XML. Un-commented out the Corp. screen and put the corporation defs back in the event thing. I also added this for spain religion thing on the defonCityBuilt:

PHP:
if (city.getOwner() == SPANISH_PLAYER):
						city.setHasReligion(gc.getInfoTypeForString("RELIGION_CHRISTIANITY"), True, False, False) and city.setHasCorporation(gc.getInfoTypeForString("CORPORATION_SPANISH_HORSES"),True,False,False)

Will probably give that a look tomorrow ( it is almost 2 AM in here and my head is too much burned to feature testing ;) ). But at first sight I would say that you didn't done anything that would lead to the result you got ... unless the issue was already there and no one noticed due to insuficient paly ( be scared of the mod unfinished touch does that :p ) ... and I still say it is probably just a display issue.

No, I did have to fix the code. I accidentally misspelled the corp name, but thats it.

EDIT: Tested a few turns. pretty funny, I get infinate promotions and the money goes up. Odd, because I didn't touch the promotions...

here are my edited files if anyone wants to look.

@rolo you don't have to look right away, seeing as it is in the middle of the night for you.

Attachments

• files.zip
    29.7 KB · Views: 74
Just a thought: Could Christianity give horses?

I'm severely wrapped up in my own modding, so is anyone actually trying to fix this? I would really love to play it, because it reminds me of the second-best (IMO) Warlords scenario, Chinese Unification.

Large bump here - sorry - but I'm hoping it's constructive.

Sorting through the Wikipedia page on Aztec Warfare, the Aztecs should probably look at the following units:

Slinger (Tematlatl), using Bakuel's Andean Slinger, opened up with Archery.

Eagle Warriors - like Jaguars, but perhaps rearranged bonuses. Global cap on Eagles and Jaguars because they're supposed to be stronger units?

Perhaps including a mercenary system to let the Spanish and various Mesoamerican civilizations buy units (Otomi warriors and whatnot?).

Cuachicqueh - global cap, smaller than Eagles and Jaguars, and even stronger.

Perhaps include an Atlatl?

There's a whole host of unit modpacks which have a ton of Aztec/Mesoamerican flavored units to use as well, so I'm going to see if I can get those working and post the results here soonish.

Edit: Unit downloads confuse me, oh god...sigh. I setup the XML right afaik but I'm stuck with 3 red hexagons when I add the Slinger through WorldBuilder. sighhh

Top Bottom