Nethog's Civ2 Reference Pack

Nethog

Warlord
Version 1.00 of "Nethog's Civ2 Reference Pack" is now available at my website at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pmm1/games/games.html

The file is available as both a native Powerpoint 2000 document and as a PDF file.

The reference pack contains 6 summary pages each printable on a 8.5"x11" sheet of paper:
(1) Tech Tree (yes really fits on one page!)
(2) City Improvements Summary
(3) Wonders Summary
(4) Units and Combat Modifiers summary (as well as other misc info)
(5) Terrain Chart
(6) Governments Summary

Check it out! - you will be astounded at the amount of information regarding Civ2 contained on each page.

Please post all feedback in this thread.

(BTW, I will be on vacation from June 28th thru July 7th - so I will be unable to respond to any questions during this period)

Nethog, I realise my feedback is a little late :o anyway just one query as to the wording of your entry on Refrigeration: It says "all city squares upgraded to farmland" (if only that were true :) ) actually it only allows irrigation to be 'upgraded' to farmland (by irrigating irrigation).

Just one other thing; maybe you could include how much Barracks are sold for upon discovery of Gunpowder and Mobile Warfare (I can't remember the value off hand).

Other than that, very nice and handy piece of work. Well done! :goodjob:

Originally posted by Ren
Nethog, I realise my feedback is a little late :o anyway just one query as to the wording of your entry on Refrigeration: It says "all city squares upgraded to farmland" (if only that were true :) ) actually it only allows irrigation to be 'upgraded' to farmland (by irrigating irrigation).

As has been pointed out on Apolyton... It is true. It's not all squares in your city radiuses, but just the actual city squares (which are already automatically mined or irrigated when you found them), and only goes for cities built on irrigable land. You still need a Supermarket to actually reap the rewards of that, though.

This is mentioned in the manual too, by the way. :p ;)

Just one other thing; maybe you could include how much Barracks are sold for upon discovery of Gunpowder and Mobile Warfare (I can't remember the value off hand).

For each barracks you've built, you get as many gold as you need shields to build your Barracks (which is the same as half the amount you'd need to buy it). That will normally be 40 gold, but that changes if you adjust the cost of the barracks, or the number of shields per row in the city production box.

is there ea reason not all terrain conversions are show in the nethog terrain graph ?
Im assuming it only showing optimal paths ?

After 10 years(!), do you really think Nethog will be around to answer that question? (Commendable of him to keep up his website, though; even most of the 'secret effects' of the technologies are mentioned, which makes this a very useful resource for absent-minded scenario builders! :mischief:)

EDIT: Oh and it's a sticky... The first sticky, no less. Go me the great scenario designer! :D

Sadly Nethog's hosting has gone offline (some year ago it seems).

I took the liberty of grabbing the files from archive.org uploading them to a mirror here: https://civhistory.com/archives/nethog/games.html

I messaged @Nethog, and a couple of decades later, he's still around and happy for me to run a mirror.

Top Bottom