iron issue

Breezin

Warlord
I have an issue, which is not new, where the game alerts me that I am short of iron but when I check I'm not even using any. Has anyone else had this and is there a fix?

See screenshots.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 73
Sometimes when you make a deal with a city-state or another civ, they ask for iron. You are not using it, but they are. I am not sure why it does not show up as part of the statistics though.

If you have any units that use iron, they should be in the statics also. I have noticed a bug that causes that message to keep showing even when it is not the case. I think that it will not go away when you try to dismiss it either, but it has been a while. I do not have an answer how to solve it though.

Thanks for the information. I'm pretty sure I haven't traded my iron away. Usually, I'm the sucker taking iron as a trade for a lux if they throw in a few gold. I've never been a hard bargainer.

Normally, I don't care about this glitch but I'm pretty sure that it still penalizes my iron using units despite me having an ample supply. It's strange that the devs haven't cleaned this one up.

Did you just loose access to another civ or city-state's iron? It may also be possible that a barbarian unit is blocking either your iron or even their iron, or they may have had their iron reduced by sabotage and it needs to be repaired.

From a technical standpoint there could be a corrupted file, and to resolve that you can always verify local files under the game's properties in steam. Do it until it says "All files successfully verified."

Did you just loose access to another civ or city-state's iron? It may also be possible that a barbarian unit is blocking either your iron or even their iron, or they may have had their iron reduced by sabotage and it needs to be repaired.

From a technical standpoint there could be a corrupted file, and to resolve that you can always verify local files under the game's properties in steam. Do it until it says "All files successfully verified."

Thank you for all your help. I've verified all the files and will see how it works tonight.

Top Bottom