Falklands War Pbem!!!!

academia

Master of the Universe
This is a PBEM of the final version of my scenario. Only between conmcb25 and Pinkygen.

Gentlemen, choose your side please

Argentina ---- Pinkygen
Chile ---- AI
England ---- Conmcb25

Argentina goes first.

PinkyGen

If I had to choose Id go with England but I could go either way.
So choice is yours.

Academia

Thanks

PG

Im going offline for 30 minutes to finish some chores and take the dog out one last time. Ill check right before I go to bed and play a turn if you have been able to start. If not we can get going tommorrow.

Invade Falklands, all that stuff about rights of Argentinans, blah blah, it's late.

Take the port that is close to Port Stanley, but isn't Port Stanley. :)

Exocet damages British destroyer in the region.

This is quite different than my playtest. I think my armed forces are smaller, I can definetly tell my navy is. The English units are also superior, and it appears they have the Falklankds a little better defended. So much the better. :)

Blah, Blah here to. Im off to bed.
More on the treacherous argentinians tomorrow.
This might make for a nice quick PBEM.
Almost forgot, not much to report, taking fortified positions in all cities, building forces, awaiting reinforcements to arrive.

Great! It´s good to see that you´ve already started :D

Pinkygen:
You know, i made some modifications ;)
BTW, when you conquered Port Stanley, did you read all the messages? Specifically the WARNING CITY WALLS?????

PLEASE!!!!!
I have to tell you that i tried over and over again, but i couldn´t fix this problem:
Sometimes (YES!!!! sometimes!! that´s weird) city walls are destroyed when you conquer a city. So, please check that every time you capture one. If they were destroyed, you´d have to buy them again (cost = 0 gold).
The city walls prevent the destruction of the cities.
This is paramount for the game!!! otherwise you´ll end fighting in an isolate island without cities to conquer :(

Port Stanley taken, city walls intact. Port facilities, barracks, airport taken as well.

Darwin and San Carlos also fall, securing the main island. Port Leith also falls.

Air force bombards Fox Bay, soon our preliminary fighter screens shall be in place. :D

Reinforcements are being rushed by sea and by air to the islands to resist the English invaders (btw Academia, very good and intimidating list of English ships and task forces heading towards me).

Holy cow
Im getting my but kicked.
But reinforcements are getting closer...........

Not much to report, did what appears to be useles reinforcing of the islands, and the reinforcements are getting closer........

Pinkygen:
I took a look at the savegame. Fitz Roy Base and San Carlos don´t have city walls!! Please, you have to built them again. ok?

Port Howard captured. We hope the the tanks there were bought with English currency, and not part of the initial displacement, I had to use my bombers to get them out of there.

Reinforcements moving to Falklands as fast as possible, will they beat the English to it?

Sometimes (YES!!!! sometimes!! that´s weird) city walls are destroyed when you conquer a city. So, please check that every time you capture one. If they were destroyed, you´d have to buy them again (cost = 0 gold).

Academia, why don't you just give Britain the "Great Wall" wonder so that there are always city walls in their cities even when the actual improvements are destroyed? I just realized in a GNB game that if you have the Great Wall wonder, you can sell off all of your walls and still have walls, and any cities you capture will also have them, even though they are not necessarily on the improvements list.

Didn't you wonder why none of France's walls were ever destroyed at Second Reich? ;)

DARIUS YOU ARE MI IDOL !!!!!! :D :D :D
Yes, it should work. I´m going to test it right now!!!!

Why thank ya. :blush:

Just remember though that if Argentina retakes a city from Britain the walls will burn down again, so keep those cheap walls as an option. ;)

Yes Darius!!!! I tested and it works!!!!
Problem solved!!!!!! :goodjob:

conmcb25 and Pinkygen:
Go on playing with this version, but remember to rebuild the city walls. I´ll add the "Great Wall" in the final version :goodjob: It´ll be located in Port Stanley. ok?

The tanks did appear kind of mysteriously didnt they? More after we are done.

This terrible act of aggression will not be tolerated by the English People supported by the rest of the world.

We are getting closer.

Top Bottom