What Kind of Work Do You Do?

Prof. Garfield

Deity
Supporter
I'm currently studying for my Master of Mathematics, and I hope to work in the field of optimization/operations research. (Basically solving complex problems that arise in industry.) I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only mathematician spending time in the Civ 2 forum, so I got to wondering what sort of careers everyone else has.

(Of course, it is perfectly understandable if you'd rather not divulge such information.)

I have a master's degree in electronics and telecommunications.
I work in R&D department of Nokia subsidiary - hardware integration of LTE and WCDMA radio modules for BTS.
I suppose you could say I have a fleeting interest in mathematics as well, though it's not my main area of interest.
If anything, I'm a physicist :)

Computer programmer, working in telecommunications also. I do enjoy mathematics but really only researched it to play with catapults.

I have a B.S. in Mathematics (received many years ago) with a minor in Computer Science. I have been a Database Administrator for over 10 years.

bachelor in transport engineering, that is operation of ship power plants, i did crank some mathematics there, however it's not my thing. My current job is DHL truck driver nothing too serious I found it stress free and soothing.

Civ1 and TOT took over my life and ended any advanced education dreams. I was going to go into computers, but ended up repairing HP laserjets and designjets which helps keep me on a good financial footing.

Top Bottom