APPCRASH

Ryand_012

Chieftain
Hi Guys,

I recently built a new computer system from scratch, but keep getting APPCRASH!
My system:

Windows 7 Pro 64bit
i7 4820K @ 4.5Ghz
16Gb @ 2133Mhz (Quad Channel)
Asus GeForce GTX780 3GB
2x Samsung 128GB SSD 840BW Pro (Raid 0)

Fresh installs and all updates for Windows, Steam & Civ 5
No mods at all
Crashing on all types of games, big and small, and different stages of the game..
And obviously the game is using very little of my systems resources...

I'd appreciate any help, not happy that my $4500 system won't run my favourite game :(

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 91
First set your autosave to 1 turn so you lose as little progress as possible when it happens.

See if your crashes are reproducible.

Next time it happens, copy the whole "Problem signature" for us to look at.

Just as a first guess, how hot is your graphics card getting?

Most crashes have been reproducible - where I cannot get past a certain turn in the game. Some of them I reboot, and can continue.
I attached two print screens of the problem signature, and a typical screen shot of how my system runs, I haven't seen it get hotter than that or use much more resources.

Attachments

• New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (2).jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 54
  • New Bitmap Image (3).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (3).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 84
  • New Bitmap Image (4).jpg
    New Bitmap Image (4).jpg
    88 KB · Views: 52
Welcome to CivFanatics!

c0000005 errors are difficult to troubleshoot. Searching this Tech Support forum for c0000005 shows many such errors with few solutions. Please post a copy of your DxDiag.txt file (see here for more information). Also please attach a save file that crashes for you. Doing so will tell us whether your files are being corrupted. Are you overclocking anything? If so, stop doing so and see if that helps. You also can try verifying your game cache (Steam --> Library --> Right-click Sid Meier's Civilization 5 --> Properties --> Local Files --> Verify Integrity of Game Cache). If any files are downloaded as a result, keep verifying until no downloads result.

Top Bottom