Interesting Screenshots

That looks almost EXACTLY like the civ2 WWII scenario! Wow, what a blast from the past..... :)

Dead-on! This was taken from MiChello's WWII conversion. I probably shouldn't be telling you this but I've been working on an upgrade that is pending MiChello's approval.

Hey, the white units looks like doctors with guns!
I think they are. ;)

@d.highland and choxorn to clear all thoughts on this matter its like this: The other 2 final stages are somewhat specific, they are neutron star and white dwarf. As far as i know both of them are different results of not completely successful black hole transformation and both of them have unimaginable gravity pulls /neutron star has bigger/.
Well, I heard from some scientific show (I think it was Nova) that if the small White dwarf orbits a giant star and its massive gravity pulls on the it, it could gain enough mass from the giant star to exceed a critical mass (which is much smaller than a normal star, because white dwarfs have smaller cores) that makes it turn into a supernova, probably destroying the giant star in the process. Wait a minute, didn't Turner ask us to end this discussion? It is offtopic- but it has already started, so I don't think it's stoppable now- sorry Turner (again)! :blush:

@the WWII picture: Woot! I never knew they had sugar in northern Germany... :crazyeye:
Actually, I think that's southern Denmark. ;)
EDIT: @Thorvald: Now can you show us the minimap? Pretty Please?

I've convinced the Shutzstaffel to disclose the minimap.

Guessing civs:
Orange=England
Yellow=Spain
Purple=France
Blue=Germany
Light Blue=Netherlands
White=Russia
Orange=Arabs
Light Green=Ottoman Empire

choxorn said:
Guessing civs:
Orange=England
Yellow=Spain
Purple=France
Blue=Germany
Light Blue=Netherlands
White=Russia
Orange=Arabs
Light Green=Ottoman Empire

Almost! The Allies (England) controlled the Middle East during the war. The Netherlands (Amsterdam) fall under jurisdiction of the Neutrals. More of a nit-picking, but the Ottomans had folded by then and would've only been called the Turks.

That looks almost EXACTLY like the civ2 WWII scenario! Wow, what a blast from the past..... :)

Edit: The more I look at it, the more I am totally convinced it's civ2's WWII scenario created for civ3. Oh the memories I have of that scenario... Like the Allies allying with Germany, and taking over Russia...Colonizing India.....Leading the Turks to victory in the Middle East against the Allies.... :D :D :D

I remember producing over 100 armour units in my game as the USSR. Many of them were lost but Berlin was captured at the end.

:lol: @ Bartleby.

It's annoying to get one in the vacuum after Hoover's. Seems to happen often.

Bartleby,
Maybe it's because I'm a noob and maybe it's because the luxes are packed in so tight that I don't recognize them, but you've got a couple of items in the second screenshot that I don't recognize. What are: (a) the blue items, second from the right; and (b) the bright green things, about ninth from the right?

It's not as advanced as it looks; I number the cities 001 and up, but the capital city has 37870 appended to it because that's the MapFinder iteration--it helps me keep track of multiple milking games.

edit: the civ name was "last chance" because I thought that was my last game of CivIII, having already bought CivIV.

Oh, okay.

I've been meaning to mod mine to start at 1 a.d., but I never got it to work right. Of course, I spent all of five minutes on it, so it wasn't a real hard effort.

Is there a particular reason you do it that way? Or just for giggles?

Top Bottom