Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

I was wondering if its possible to achieve a conquest victory with the respawn AI setting enabled. If yes then how many times OS until when do we need to keep defeating the AI to win .

Surely it is possible. If needed domination victory needs to be deactivated or set to very high tresholds like 90% instead of 66%. Also respawning is somewhat limited. I donnot know the details, but after a time no further respawns happen, do they? Maybe it is turn 100, maybe more, maybe less.

Surely it is possible. If needed domination victory needs to be deactivated or set to very high tresholds like 90% instead of 66%. Also respawning is somewhat limited. I donnot know the details, but after a time no further respawns happen, do they? Maybe it is turn 100, maybe more, maybe less.

So its not limited by how many times a particular civilization respawns ?

Can someone please explain what 'shunned' and 'favoured' governments are? Rome favours Republic but shuns Communism, for example. What practical difference does this make to playing the Romans?

This affect AI attitude, it's written in war academy/game mechanics/AI attitude explained.

It doesn't affect AI government choise and your settings doesn't matter, only AI's settings.

It's written there that If both you and AI are in AI's favorite government you get attitude boost.
If you are in AI's shunned government and the AI isn't then there is a penalty.

Can someone please explain what 'shunned' and 'favoured' governments are? Rome favours Republic but shuns Communism, for example. What practical difference does this make to playing the Romans?
None. It affects the AICivs' attitude to the human player (and presumably also to each other, not that you'd notice!).

Basically, if you're running e.g. a Republic, the AIs who favour Republic (such as the Romans) will be (marginally) friendlier to you (not sure if they might give you better trade-deals as well?), but the AIs who shun Republics will be less- or un-friendly. Etc. for the other combinations.

Of course, if you've had any wars with the Romans (and even if they started it), they'll hate you regardless of what gov-type you're running. So the moral of the story is, don't worry about it, because you can't make friends with the AIs anyway... ;)

Doesn't the respawn probability get zero'd when there are no free 5x5 tile areas left, i.e. no places where a newly founded capital city can grab a full 21 tiles in its BFC after its first border-pop (10T after founding, from the Palace)?

If so, on (<Standard-size) Continent/Pangaea Maps, respawning AI might really only be noticeable at lower Diffs (perhaps up to Regent, say), where the AICivs can't spam out Settlers and colonise everything in sight within the first 100-150T. Or at higher Diffs, only on e.g. Large+ 80%-Water Continent- or Arch-Maps, where there might still be a couple of uncolonised 1-2-tile-islands well offshore in the late Middle Ages, before Ocean-crossing techs get discovered...

This affect AI attitude, it's written in war academy/game mechanics/AI attitude explained.

It doesn't affect AI government choise and your settings doesn't matter, only AI's settings.

It's written there that If both you and AI are in AI's favorite government you get attitude boost.
If you are in AI's shunned government and the AI isn't then there is a penalty.

None. It affects the AICivs' attitude to the human player (and presumably also to each other, not that you'd notice!).

Basically, if you're running e.g. a Republic, the AIs who favour Republic (such as the Romans) will be (marginally) friendlier to you (not sure if they might give you better trade-deals as well?), but the AIs who shun Republics will be less- or un-friendly. Etc. for the other combinations.

Of course, if you've had any wars with the Romans (and even if they started it), they'll hate you regardless of what gov-type you're running. So the moral of the story is, don't worry about it, because you can't make friends with the AIs anyway... ;)

Thanks. That explains how I got by without knowing about this.

So after playing for many years I found there was something called 'the editor'. And then with kind help always on offer here, I found the editor itself. That was the good news. The bad news is this is likely go be the first of an infinite series of stupid questions about how the editor actually works. So:

Q1 how do you make bonus grassland without having all grassland as bonus grassland?

I generated a random map, added some grassland to it and then found it is all non-bonus. I want to dot some bonus tiles in there is all. Thanks in advance.

So after playing for many years I found there was something called 'the editor'. And then with kind help always on offer here, I found the editor itself. That was the good news. The bad news is this is likely go be the first of an infinite series of stupid questions about how the editor actually works. So:

Q1 how do you make bonus grassland without having all grassland as bonus grassland?

I generated a random map, added some grassland to it and then found it is all non-bonus. I want to dot some bonus tiles in there is all. Thanks in advance.

You can get bonus grasslands by choosing the correct option from the terrain menu. For simple grasslands he you want to create them over a tile with normal grasslands simply put any other terrain on that tile and then replace it with grasslands from the terrain drop down menu .

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl.

You can get bonus grasslands by choosing the correct option from the terrain menu. For simple grasslands he you want to create them over a tile with normal grasslands simply put any other terrain on that tile and then replace it with grasslands from the terrain drop down menu .

I don't think I have bonus grassland in the drop down menu.

Maybe it's an LM terrain&#8230;? I can't check from this machine.

It should be under ocean. Sea, ocean, BG, snow mountain, pine forrest, LM desert. That is the order. As i use the german version my translation might not give the exact terms, but the order should stay the same.

As Atishay Jain said there is an option in the menu itself but as youre sayin there is no such option then you can randomize bonus grasslands from the map button if you want the bonus grassland to randomize else in my opinion there is an option when you press the t button or terrain button

I don't think I have bonus grassland in the drop down menu.
The only reason for you not seeing this option that i can think of
is that you are taking the wrong icon as the terrain icon. If i remember correctly its the first of the 4 icons in the bar just at the Top of the map. Click that green flat square icon and there you will find the option for terrain.

Top Bottom