Bug reports

That seems odd. Are you sure you cannot add this bonus in World Builder?

absolutely, all 3 of them :(

Odd. I restarted game and started different map. They all appear.

Map without them - Arrakis
Map that have them - Dunipelago.

I will confirm that these resources do not seem to be generated by the Arrakis script. But I can place them in Worldbuilder just fine.

While we're on bugs, an old one I should mention again is that harvesters aren't being properly removed when the spice under them runs out (I think it may be that they aren't removed if the tile is being worked when the spice disappears). Maybe the script that removes the spice can be augmented to destroy all improvements on the tile?

I will confirm that these resources do not seem to be generated by the Arrakis script. But I can place them in Worldbuilder just fine.

While we're on bugs, an old one I should mention again is that harvesters aren't being properly removed when the spice under them runs out (I think it may be that they aren't removed if the tile is being worked when the spice disappears). Maybe the script that removes the spice can be augmented to destroy all improvements on the tile?

Yep, i saw that too.

In the civilopedia there is no unit art for the medium carryall.

Actually all the carryalls are at different wrong heights, in the pedia and in game (DA59). Deliverator has fixed this for the thopters but the carryall nifs still need to be adjusted.

On the resource issue; on arrakis mapscript at least, many resources (especially crystal, but also others) are clustering a lot.

I bet this is part of what is blocking out other resources.

Check out the resource clusters in the attached screenshot; 3 copies of crystal, 2 of diamonds, 3 of creosote bush.

Attachments

• clusters.jpg
    clusters.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 57
I am completely reviewing bonus placement right now. You should find things much better when I'm done.

Awesome.

On the worm graphic issue; playing as Ordos, when I researched Kindjal blades (which advanced me to Tahaddi era) all my workers turned into the worm graphic, as did my Kindjal soldiers.

On the worm graphic issue; playing as Ordos, when I researched Kindjal blades (which advanced me to Tahaddi era) all my workers turned into the worm graphic, as did my Kindjal soldiers.

Yes, I have verified that whenever you advance to the later eras, this happens. I have fixed it for the units, but the buttons are getting set somewhere else.

Ive got a couple of errors. the first one occured upon game start up, the second one (about Mentats) started after i traded the mentat tech to the AI.

what do Mentats do anyway?

Attachments

• curious error.jpg
    curious error.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 91
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 70
Ive got a couple of errors. the first one occured upon game start up, the second one (about Mentats) started after i traded the mentat tech to the AI.

what do Mentats do anyway?

Regarding the first error, I have no idea. That particular file isn't included in the DW mod, it looks like a vanilla BTS file. Is it possible you are missing some Italian font file? Do you get this error when you start a vanilla game?

Regarding the second error, Mentats are currently Under Construction. I had noticed this alert but in this case, if you have python alerts turned off, there is no bad effect. For information about what Mentats will do, see the thread, "Mentat mechanics".

I will be adding more Mentat code, hopefully in the next 1-2 days. In the meantime, if anybody is bothered by this, you can make a small edit to assets/python/dunewars.py:
Code:
	# AI movement, called from CvGameUtils
	def AI_unitUpdate(self, pUnit):
		self.Initialize()
		iType = pUnit.getUnitType()
		if self.dWormUnits.has_key(iType): return self.WormAI(pUnit)
		[COLOR="Red"]if pUnit.getUnitType() == self.iUMentat:
			return self.MentatAI(pUnit)[/COLOR]
		return false
Put a # comment character at the start of the two red lines, or delete them from the file.

AHR~51 (missed any?)
The Shai Hulad shrine gives +1 culture per city with the religion; it should give gold.

AHR52
The new pilot school is at aerial combat tech, not combat ornithopters; it was left at the tech that the aerial bay was at, not moved to the tech where the aerie is.

David; you did not remove the guerilla promotion from your 1.6 beta (or make it effect peaks). Similarly you should remove the Thumper promotion for now.

David; you did not remove the guerilla promotion from your 1.6 beta (or make it effect peaks). Similarly you should remove the Thumper promotion for now.

There are about 60-80 feedbacks which I did not incorporate, either due to lack of time or knowledge. After sending the beta, I did remove guerilla. I still hope to add the required worm AI changes to make thumper useful, so I would prefer to leave that for now. Apart from taking up space, does it cause a problem?

Apart from taking up space, does it cause a problem?

Not a huge problem, but it is very powerful (there are a lot of sinks, and putting it on a city defender in a sink city typically then gives 20% defensively - as good as city defender - AND 20% offensively against any unit type in an adjacent sink tile - as good as shock, disruptions, improved shields, etc. etc. all combined) and its very confusing for the player (guerilla gives bonuses in.... big wide open sinks? And the text still says hill strength, which they will assume means mesa).

But you're right, its nonurgent.

There are other things that are higher priority.

Not a huge problem, but it is very powerful.

Let me try that again. Guerilla is removed after the beta I sent but it will be removed in 1.6. I would prefer to leave in Thumper for now, in case I have the chance to revise the worm AI.

Further in the future, it may be possible to add something to the sdk so that promotions can be made sensitive to peak. Right now there is no way to do that, which is why Guerilla is removed.

Further in the future, it may be possible to add something to the sdk so that promotions can be made sensitive to peak. Right now there is no way to do that, which is why Guerilla is removed.

Understood. That sounds fine.

Hi

I love Dune and the worlds of Frank Herbert
So I installed the MOD. I started the game with the normal settings and was a bit confused every thing seems to work but the interface is missing.

I have tried re-installing all the components and have tried 3 different versions of the MOD but still no interface.

I am way to old to learn the keyboard shortcuts so please help!!

PS. I have installed and been using Fall from Heaven 2 mod for ages.

Top Bottom