Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

Guys, it seems when the Amazon Virgins logged in at the end of last turn they made contact with us. Very interesting development, it seems SOMEONE traded alphabet to Hannibal. They weren't supposed to have it until around T-65 IIRC.

I have not touched anything for our turn yet, and I will wait until we can sort out some possible tech deals here.

Here's the starting turn shot, looks like the scout came from either the North or the East. Can't tell unfortunately since 2-move units are not replayed.

BTW, it looks like we TRUMPED someone who was making a beeline for Mono (Laugh). It COULD have been the Amazon rookies, but maybe they just picked it up from someone else in a trade. I also find it odd that Carthage has STILL not switched into slavery, at least the Amazons did. This is making me wonder who are the real rookies in this game.

Possibly they have a lot of plains-hill gold/silver and can't bare to lose working them?

Still no response in the inbox from either team. Someone else wanna help keep an eye on it? I'm at work.

Mike, could you give me the e-mail details? Login-name, and password (site too?)? I can't see where it is now. Anyhow, I'm stalling down to the last hour before I do our micro-management (just in case some deals come in). If there is less than 1 hour left and no word from me, consider me AWOL and put those fast workers to work.

Turn 55 --> 1800 BC
  • 2 Workers road the dyes by capital
  • 1 Worker puts 1 turn into farming it

Note: It seems Cyrus made contact with us at the end of last turn.

Mike, could you give me the e-mail details? Login-name, and password (site too?)? I can't see where it is now. Anyhow, I'm stalling down to the last hour before I do our micro-management (just in case some deals come in). If there is less than 1 hour left and no word from me, consider me AWOL and put those fast workers to work.

No response from either team right now. The login is team.mavericks.civfanatics@gmail.com and the password is mav70civ. I found it in one of the stickied threads I think.

Well it seems our 2 allies sure didn't last long before conspiring against us. Looks like they are ignoring us. Most likely planning a future war against us too? Maybe I can't blame them, since they know we won't be so easy to push over.

Not sure what to do at this point, I"ll see if Snaaty approves of me whipping one workboat this turn before I start.

I'm pretty upset we did Hannibal favours and then they play the deaf-ear trick on us. At least we can't say it was our fault for not showing kindness.

No emails as per this time and date.

Why did we bother signing a NAP with the Q - pretty pointless imo. Not like anyone can invade us till Optics, still i guess it showed willing.

Quicker the better imo geting some exploration going.

Since we got renegaded on by the Carthinogens, is it ok if I DoW to cancel our OB deal to them? They keep getting richer on us and there isn't anything we can do. At least we cut off their extra trade routes. Maybe it will finally bring them back to the barganing table again?

I would say a DoW is a little too extreme. If we still haven't heard from them, we'll just cancel the deal on the earliest turn possible.

That's not going to work. We're at turn #56, and we have to wait at least 10 turns from the start to cancel. However, it's possible they may not get the trades after all until we settle the first island? Not 100% sure how it's going to work in this pitboss but I THINK that may be how it's supposed to be? Then perhaps we are not really giving any benefits after all. But at least a DoW should wake them up.

Anyhow, Persians have total of 3 cities right now, Carthage only 2. Carthage is working high commerce still, and that's why he hasn't whipped. They're stalling anarchy even still. Funny thing is, the longer they stall it, the more it is going to hurt :p

Turn 56 --> 1760 BC

• All workers put 1 turn into farming dye near capital.
  • City #2 Whips workboat (re-assign engineer)

amazing, not having the oracle and not working on breeding an engineer... ...and having 2 cities in turn 56 is almost an art:goodjob:

any team with half decent expansion should have at least 3 cities at this point... ...knowing what you do, 4 cities, 3 on the starting island and 1 on the continent should be also doable around this time... ...so hopefully the others are also expanding slow, makes it easer for us to catch up...

amazing, not having the oracle and not working on breeding an engineer...

Well, they DO have the STONEHENGE, and are breeding a priest :p Weather they really want that priest or not is another question :p

We have 2 workboats next turn. The south one I will keep far to the West so that Cyrus doesn't spot it. I'm sure he'll relay this information to his buddy Carthage, and I really don't want to run it into any surprises.

I took a look at the next turn. I'm not doing it yet until Cyrus moves his wb out of vision range. Interesting to note, is has now gained Priest-hood. So... what do you think their plans are now?

IIRC, capital puts 1 turn into forge this turn, and city#2 puts OF into temple. Next turn I may burn off 3 turns to finish off our warrior or we risk having hammer decay. We'll still be able to finish our temple in time to run the priest.

Cyrus still hasn't given Org to Hannibal yet. Now this is very interesting.. because Hannibal beelined a religion, and despite having it in more than one city, they are NOT even taking advantage of the precious Org bonus. WTF?

They are THAT PARANOID of risking anarchy.... that they are failing to go for not just Org, but SLAVERY as well? They DID research Bronze already, so WTF! What the hell is going on here. Makes no sense...

They should know damn well we'd have given them Org now for some of their cheap stuff, and yet they decide to self-sacrifice just to ignore us.... Brilliant!

Due to their paranoia of anarchy, it almost makes me want to burn off 1 settler to get TGW up, so we can put more spy pts on them and keep flipping them into horrible civics, Ahaha!

Can we get another screenshot of the Foriegn Advisor trade screen? We need to work on smaller deals, like Priesthood for Animal Husbandry, and maybe something for Writing.

Cyrus already logged in, Turn 57:

Turn 57--> 1720 BC

• 1 Worker finishes farming dye
  • 2 Workers pre-road the rice near capital
  • Both workboats move out to scout, now that Cyrus can't see them

Top Bottom