Turn Discussion Thread II - Turns 51-100

we need to get out settlers first. in my opinion, we should stick to the plan in the sandkasten:

1. settle horse city (obs placement ist good)
2. settle 3rd city on our continent + save the forests for chopping out the AP later
3. build units while regrowing after settler whips, also with the overflow (1 chariot and 1 WB would be my units of choice right now)

settling faster then our neighbouring idiots NOW can do the trick in getting the upper hand around 500 BC in a first and short war (police state + more cities = more food = more produciton = more catas...)

We have a second engineer in 20T after the first. Perhaps we should use the forests to chop more settlers instead?

Attention! War has broken out!

I just checked the next turn to crunch some numbers. When I went to see if Han & Cyrus were trading anything, I noticed (due to a bug) that both Cyrus and Han have dog-piled up against Pacal!

Well, that's very interesting that they're not too eager to get Triremes OR Machinery from us. I wonder if this is just a fake war to block trade-routes, etc? Not sure what's going on there, but Pacal is definitely at the bottom of the list near us right now.

What are their capabilities to wage this war? I mean what they can invade with now, galleys and warriors? Maybe some immortals? I think this must be fake war, so let's go and meet Pacal and see what can we gain out of this dog pile (evil laugh).

Turn 66 --> 1360 BC

• Worker #1 unloads from galley onto mainland
  • Worker #2 loaded into galley on its exit
  • Worker #3 does some dancing
  • GE-FARM removes priest to prevent starvation

How many turns away from a great person are we? Remember, the GE Farm has to beat the capital by a full turn.

YES!

:goodjob:

You have no idea how relieved I felt when they dogpiled on Pacal. While I do feel sorry for that team, the fact is that when teams are at war this early in the game, it tends to slow down their development somewhat. We have to hope that Pacal can hold off the attacks and keep their valuable resources on their main island intact.

In the meantime, I received a PM from team Amazon stating that they want to improve our relationship. Well ... since they've already got an enemy I see they are finally trying to reach out to us. I'm not sure how sincere it is, though.

Guys, we have 2 paths to move our scoutboat. I think it's best to move it northwards. I doubt there is anything else in the lower branch but Carthage.

Suggestions?

scout.jpg

If i did not miss out anything, would you mind posting a screen of whats going on up there?

I mean, we have open borders with Carthage, so if we sail to their lands we get trade routes, right?

We can't get trade-routes without astronomy. Maybe if someone settles off-shore....

Aline, nothing is going on up there at all at the moment. Which is saddening as I was hoping all this time to meet someone.

I just peeked into the next turn. We bumped into Willem. He's got the same techs as the other conspirators, I imagine he was part of their tech ring. I hope he doesn't follow suit. He has a galley so he MAY DoW on us to block us from reaching Pacal. If he does, I'll have to chop a trireme first thing.

So... get a new diplo thread going...

Guys, we have 2 paths to move our scoutboat. I think it's best to move it northwards. I doubt there is anything else in the lower branch but Carthage.

Suggestions?

The mainland appears to have a radially symmetric pattern, so I think north would be an inlet just like the one near our island. South(East?) probably still traces the outside of the island and will lead to other civs.

Turn 67 --> 1320 BC
  • Worker A pre-chops trees on new mainland
  • Worker B Unloads
  • Worker C loads into returning galley
  • Capital db-whips settler
  • GE-Farm adds priest slot again

* Special Notes. We meet Willem.

If the auto-spread is slow then what? By resource city we can get everything going right off the start for quick progress.

I think site D takes just too much time before the city is useful

Resource city is going to get up and running really fast. Thats definitely the way to go right now. Also, we now have stockpiled 94 gold, any plans on spending it any time soon or say... researching something?

I think it's pretty clear that Resource City is our best option -- just be sure to check the fog for barbs before unloading the settler!

Top Bottom