Civ5 SDK Available on Steam

I installed them, but apparently I had to be connected to the internet to use them, which annoys me as I do my playing/modding offline :(
Tuner needs a connection to a Civ5 running game, and it uses a TCP/IP connection to do this, with the loopback address 127.0.0.1. This will only work if your computer thinks it has TCP active, which usually means it has to have an active ethernet or wireless port. It doesn't need to be connected to anything beyond a router.

I'm not aware that the other tools need a network connection.

for whatever reason i cannot edit my saved game world map or anything.

damn. so much for my personal handicaps...
Have you tried the Save Map option when you open the Save Game menu? It works here - creates a saved map that you can open in WorldBuilder.

Now I'm really mad :mad:

Already had my Sid Meiers Civilization V in the game list.
Steam - Library> Tools .. I can see all other games related but no Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK

I've already tried
restart Steam many times
restart my computer many times
*NOW reinstalled Steam a dozen times!

I can see other titles like Alien Swarm SDK, Unreal Development Kit, etc
But still no "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK"

WTH is it so difficult? Can someone just upload the Mods tools to a file hosting site?!!!!!!!!!!
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For all you who cant download sdk via steam you have it on pirate bay....;)

Moderator Action: We have a zero tolerance regarding piracy.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I have installed everything needed to get modbuddy to work, but it still doesnt work, i;m getting the missing components error.

I have .net framework 4, the isolated C++ and the redistributable one. Everything other people said they needed to get it to work, but i still get the same error? I have reinstalled everything numerous times. Any ideas?

Ok, it turns out i can open modbuddy if i go directly to the .exe, and just skip steam, wierd but it works!

I have installed everything needed to get modbuddy to work, but it still doesnt work, i;m getting the missing components error.

I have .net framework 4, the isolated C++ and the redistributable one. Everything other people said they needed to get it to work, but i still get the same error? I have reinstalled everything numerous times. Any ideas?

Go back to Civ 4 until they have all the kinks and bugs worked out?

For all you who cant download sdk via steam you have it on pirate bay....;)

I'd really rather not go there personally.
I sent 2k Canada game support an email and am waiting for a reply, perhaps they will be able to work something out.
If not, I am not sure what I will do, but any illegal option is out of the question.

I'd really rather not go there personally.
I sent 2k Canada game support an email and am waiting for a reply, perhaps they will be able to work something out.
If not, I am not sure what I will do, but any illegal option is out of the question.

Hm...??
I dont think it is illegal...it is free to download on steam com and it didnt come with the game...It is downl from steam...:mischief::mischief:
I just try to help those people who pay for civ v...but I guess I am just some Balkans...:p

In the config.ini for Civ5, you need to set

Code:
; Set to 1 to enable the fire tuner to connect to the game.
EnableTuner = 1
I know this is a very stupid question, but i'm a complete n00b. How do you get to the config.ini file? :blush: I told you it was stupid

edit:I figured it out. all i had to do was read the manual :blush:

:borg: from balink

It's not there.

Here's a screenshot of mine. As PrinceScamp stated, click on Library and then Tools and scroll down until you find it.

Spoiler Screenshot :

Attachments

• Steam-Tools.jpg
    Steam-Tools.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 1,496
And it's still not there. Imagine that, your condescending attitude did not solve the problem. Imagine that.

Spoiler :

Attachments

• StillNotThere..jpg
    StillNotThere..jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 1,372
And it's still not there. Imagine that, your condescending attitude did not solve the problem. Imagine that.

Spoiler :

Are you in online mode?

Yes, I'm in Online mode. Yes I purchased a license to play the game.

Alright, I've found two possible solutions to this. One, delete the Clientservices.bob ClientRegistry.blob file located in the Steam folder and then restart Steam. It may fail the first time (it did for me when I moved my Steam folder to an external HD), but if you try again it'll create the file you just deleted and update the game, which should cause the SDK to show in Tools. Edit: My mistake, I had the wrong file name.

The other option is through 2K Greg. He has stated to PM him with your user ID and he'll look into it.

I'd try the first option first.

I've run into a problem. I opened up Steam. Clicked on Library, opened the drop-down menu and selected Tools (44). Search for "Sid Meier's Civilization V SDK" came up empty, search for Civ v SDK came up empty, search for just SDK returned 5 items and none of them were related to Civ V. How do I get Civ V to populate in my tools section of Steam or is there an alternate place to download from?

Top Bottom