Bazaar of Mammon.

Deon

Lt. of Mordor
Since the Bazaar of Mammon currently is represented by *cough* Wall Street building I was annoyed by it's look in my cities.

So I decided to make this little thing:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10921

But it appeared to be a Malakim Palace at the end :D.

Retextured version is up.

I may just reskin the Wall Street but it's not what the icon like :)

It was supposed to look like this from inside:

:)

Why is Wall Street unfitting in my opinion:

medieval/eastern bazaars had large 1st floors and seldom 2nd/third floors; the Wall Street looks like a huge exchange with a lot of floors which is uncomfortable for customers, also it has greek-roman style columns.

I may add details to look it less streamlined but the main part of the bazaar is the grand passage with main traders allocated at sides of it.

Thanks for the new skin.

I think we should keep the Wall Street skin, and replace the 100% city gold bonus with a -50% gpt penalty for the entire civ.

I think we should keep the Wall Street skin, and replace the 100% city gold bonus with a -50% gpt penalty for the entire civ.

What does that do? Represent people jumping out of windows when things go grim? LOL.

I can't tell what any of my buildings look like, probably because Dis has a population of 150 and there's so many buildings that it looks like monopoly gone overboard. :king:
:devil: Maybe Kael's trying to tell us that capitalism is the devil!

Never noticed, but the comparison is soo funny currently (if one is not largely effected by the current crisis that is... ;)). :lol:

I whouldn't like to see it replaced, if just for that unintendedness (presumably ;)) and fittingness (without much doubt :p)...

Very neat work nontheless Deon. :goodjob:

Hmm. . . here's an idea for an event. After building the wonder, there is a 1% chance every turn of the following event happening occuring:

Our advisors tell us that our civilization is faced with an immediate credit and banking crisis. They recommend a massive bailout to compensate them for their irresponsiblities or else we are in big trouble.

- Sure, no problem! - Pay 700 gold

- We are so screwed. . . - Add 100 to Armageddon counter

And if you name yourself George W. Bush you can select STOCK MARKET CRASH! and then Minister Kuon takes over. (kicked out of government) :cool:

no! then Ron Paul comes in and makes it back to the gold standard

So, I see there're a lot of meta-gamers here :(.

Well, I saw where do those "railway station" comparisons came from so I've upgraded the building a bit.

It's not in it's final form, you see some "remaining" elements here and there which will go away; I need to fix the texture a bit and I may add some details.

Wall Street seems pretty appropriate to me...

I can't tell what any of my buildings look like, probably because Dis has a population of 150 and there's so many buildings that it looks like monopoly gone overboard. :king:
:devil: Maybe Kael's trying to tell us that capitalism is the devil!

Never noticed, but the comparison is soo funny currently (if one is not largely effected by the current crisis that is... ;)). :lol:

I whouldn't like to see it replaced, if just for that unintendedness (presumably ;)) and fittingness (without much doubt :p)...

Very neat work nontheless Deon. :goodjob:
[QUOTE='pedia]...In light of this, the Stewards of Inequity make an offer which even rulers devout of Junil have a hard time declining. Let the royal market be seeded with a relic of the King of Avarice here, or one of his praying acolytes there. Let his temples be unmolested in your capital. The people's hearts shall take up a little-- just a little--greed. So will their labors be intensified with avarice, and the nation profit.

Alas, such hubris has brought down empires. There is no such thing as a little greed, for Mammon is not a master content to share his subjects, and a people enslaved by their own base appetites are rare to rouse to the nobler callings of man.[/QUOTE]
Seriously, Kael, will you for once stop predicting everything? :lol:

@ Deon: Independently from what i said above, that new building of yours really should be used somewhere (Malakim spring to mind as well for possible use, not just mammons bazar.). Its really awesome. :goodjob: (and im not all that much into city art, so usually i don't care all to much.)

Spoiler :
So, I see there're a lot of meta-gamers here :(.

Well, I saw where do those "railway station" comparisons came from so I've upgraded the building a bit.

It's not in it's final form, you see some "remaining" elements here and there which will go away; I need to fix the texture a bit and I may add some details.

That's a very nice work Deon. If you could remove the central mosque and place them stalls from marketplace, it would be perfect.

Top Bottom