Golf Saves Harrison Ford

He's survived Nazis and replicants, so this is nothing.

But seriously, though, good that it wasn't as bad as it could've been.

Glad it's not as bad as it could have been. I don't think my FB feed could have survived losing him only a few days after Nimoy.

The thread title is in rather poor taste.

I'm glad he survived and will recover.

Harrison Ford was saved by being a really good, diligent pilot. When his engine quit he knew the flat places within gliding distance for his plane at his altitude because that's among the things a pilot is supposed to know.

But did he make par on the hole? That's what no news report has told me yet.

Well, he did lose the birdie...

Harrison Ford was saved by being a really good, diligent pilot. When his engine quit he knew the flat places within gliding distance for his plane at his altitude because that's among the things a pilot is supposed to know.

Yeah at first I thought Ford was with another pilot who managed the good landing, but then realized that Ford was actually the pilot here. I think he survived another plane accident years ago too, so he's definitely had a lot of experience and skill. One doesn't manage to crash and survive with just luck. Based on what I've heard and know, he seems to be very fit, physically and mentally, for his age, so good for him.

Yeah at first I thought Ford was with another pilot who managed the good landing, but then realized that Ford was actually the pilot here. I think he survived another plane accident years ago too, so he's definitely had a lot of experience and skill. One doesn't manage to crash and survive without just luck. Based on what I've heard and know, he seems to be very fit, physically and mentally, for his age, so good for him.

He's been flying for forty years, has crash landed two planes and a helicopter, all due to mechanical failures, and is responsible for at least one rescue while flying search and rescue as a volunteer, that I know of. By all accounts he is a consummate pilot with absolute professionalism, though he does have this habit of flying vintage planes that are not as reliable as others that he could certainly afford.

So...ace pilot who prefer flying older, junkier crafts over more modern ones?

He IS Han Solo :D

^Brilliant

Top Bottom