Legendary Start

brewgod

Prince
Hello All
I was reading a thread about Legendary Start which i don't use. Just tried it yesterday and what a nice surprise. Question is this applies on the entire map? So the AI also benefit from a Legendary Start too?

Brew God

As i remember, it applies to all starting locations. So every capital will start like that.

Question is this applies on the entire map?

Brew God

Nope. Legendary start merely applies a couple extra luxuries and bonus resources to capitals. The script will continue to use the resource settings (such as number of random luxuries, target number of total luxuries) of "Standard".

^^ Both of these guys are correct. Does it work for other civilizations in the game? Yes. Does it work for the entire map? No. The map itself (excluding capitals) has standard resource availability.

I always use Legendary Start. Easier to get rolling on Immortal and Deity. How about you guys?

It makes the AI snowball a lot harder on deity (if they get good starts), so I can't rly see any appeal of going Legendary start. Thus I disagree with the statement that it gets you rolling easier on deity (not as much on immortal). Standard settings are just fine for me. But then again, that's just my opinion.

It makes the AI snowball a lot harder on deity (if they get good starts), so I can't rly see any appeal of going Legendary start. Thus I disagree with the statement that it gets you rolling easier on deity (not as much on immortal). Standard settings are just fine for me. But then again, that's just my opinion.

if it only gives extra lux resources, unless the Ai gets a ton of salt or something like that I don't see the issue. They have more happiness than they can use and more gold than they can use anyway on Deity. Thus the human player will just have more to buy and more things to sell...

I don't use it. Feels like cheating.

Fair enough. It gives the Ai a lot more potential to snowball might be a bit more precise.

Have either of you tried it? For a few games in row? I have not myself, as I just assumed it would help the AI more than me, and I am struggling already.

So at Deity, does it make things easier or harder?

on immortal/deity the ai start with a bunch of workers so they can take advantage of legendary start way earlier than you, i also feel it helps the ai more than the player

Top Bottom