City State Battleships?

Toussj

Chieftain
I haven't reached the late eras too often...I usually win before then or quit, so what I want to know is, has anyone ever seen City-States make and use battleships, subs or mussile cruisers? Can they?

If they are still alive by that point, it should theoretically be possible for them to use advanced units if, and only if, they have the requisite resources on hand (uranium/oil/aluminum/etc.).

Yes, they'll use advanced units if the game goes on longer. I let a few games on lower difficulty drag on to point when I had future tech, and CS fielded even GDRs occassionally. It was fun, since CS were more advanced than regular AI, and I've seen CS roflstomp the AI's riflemen with tanks and artillery.

They theoretically could, but I play long games with a ton of CS. They build destroyers.

Holy crap do they build destroyers. No battleships.

But did I mention that they build destroyers?

I've seen them make Missile Cruisers and Nuclear Submarines.

They need oil to make Battleships so you'd rarely see that.

^^No, not really. I've seen cses make Sam mobiles more and land units.

Ive seen city states triplanes, subs and all... and even a Barbarian Battleship once!! Dont know how they manage... but at first I didnt believe my girl friend... I said nawwww you are mixing up Polland and babarians again!! But no... I came to the screen, and it was indeed a barbarian BShip!!

I just saw a CS deploying a missile cruiser.

The same CS (allied with me) also captured a city of a civ I was warring with and razed it (I'd bombarded the city's hp to zero though). :lol:

Top Bottom