Questions re Science Component in Trade

Cicerosaurus

Emperor
If I trade with (say) Ethiopia, I may be receiving 4 science as they have "researched 4 technologies that I haven't".

1. Does this mean they have researched 4 technologies in total that I haven't or have researched 4 technologies that are available for me to research at that time- that is there may be more technologies that they possess but I haven't discovered the trigger technology.

2. Does this figure change during the course of the trade route? That is if I discover 1 technology that they possess does the dcience component drop to 3 (or jump to 5 if they find another that I don't have).

If I trade with (say) Ethiopia, I may be receiving 4 science as they have "researched 4 technologies that I haven't".

1. Does this mean they have researched 4 technologies in total that I haven't or have researched 4 technologies that are available for me to research at that time- that is there may be more technologies that they possess but I haven't discovered the trigger technology.

2. Does this figure change during the course of the trade route? That is if I discover 1 technology that they possess does the dcience component drop to 3 (or jump to 5 if they find another that I don't have).

1. I think it's former - 4 total

2. Yes it changes

As above. It can be beneficial to focus on sending trade routes to AI civs that are focussing on the other side of the tech tree than you are, in order that you maintain a good number of beakers from each route.

Top Bottom