Which Great Works do you want to see?

sukritact

Artist and Modder
So they'll be adding Great Works, which represent works of art, literature or music. Which works do you think we'll see, or which do you want?

These few I think are obligatory (works of Literature):

Hamlet or Romeo and Juliet
The Divine Comedy
Don Quixote de La Mancha
The Illiad

I'm hoping for:

Beowulf
The Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Jing Ye Si (or one of Li Bai's other poems)
Ramayana/Ramakien (I think the former is more likely)
Phra Aphai Mani (Siam needs some representation)

Art and Music is a bit harder. Regardless, I'll be shocked if we don't see the Mona Lisa

has elvis shown up in this game yet? if not, we'll probably get a great work out of one of his songs.

has elvis shown up in this game yet? if not, we'll probably get a great work out of one of his songs.
I suppose for music it's almost inevitable. Imagine Elvis is the classical era :lol:

As long as Graceland isn't a wonder; I wonder who decided to have Rock n' Roll as a wonder in Civ 4...

Salvador Dalí's "The Persistence of Memory" from 1931, you know, the one with melting clocks. I love it, needless to say! :)

Thom Yourke's - Carma Police,
obviously ;)

Any chance we will see some of the great religious texts in the world? Koran/Bible/Torah [And others not as well known to the western world?]

Robocop.

Any chance we will see some of the great religious texts in the world? Koran/Bible/Torah [And others not as well known to the western world?]

Personally, I don't think they are normally thought of as "Works of literature".

I'm having trouble coming up with non-european art. the only thing I can think of is "Along the River During the Qingming Festival"

Edit: I just remembered about "The Great Wave off Kanagawa"

Some national epics like Nibelungenlied or Kalevala are good bets.

Van Gogh's - Starry night was mentioned, as example though.
Of course I hope some other dutch masterpieces will be in the game. Like the Nightwatch from Rembrandt or The girl with the pearl Earring from Johannes Vermeer.
But of course worlds most famous painting - Mona Lisa - sure would be in the game

The Book Brave New World,by Aldous Huxley and the song Brave New World,by Iron Maiden,along with a achievement for getting both in the same gameplay .

Obviously, one of the musical works should be Raining Blood by Slayer. OBVIOUSLY.

Musical works: Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by the Beatles
Beethoven's Ninth Symphony
Wagner's Ring Cycle
Jailhouse Rock by Elvis
Mozart's Requiem

Literary works:
Epic of Gilgamesh
Iliad and/or Odyssey
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Rubiayat of Omar Khayaam
Thousand and One Nights
Mahabharata
Popol Vuh
Don Quixote

The Great Works of HG Welles and Jules Verne, and toss in an easter egg thingy for HP Lovecraft

I would be surprised if Civ didn't include Art of War, considering it's used for tech quotes at least twice (?)

Top Bottom