National Wonders Questions

Zaldrizes

Warlord
I answered half my questions by searching, but the others give me conflicting info. So here goes. Oh, and I'm playing G&K (never played Vanilla) on version 1.1.705 (something like that).

1.) Is there a limit to the amount of National Wonders you can build in a city? Some strategy guide mentioned 2 per, but I can't confirm this anywhere else. This would kill any OCC inclination I may have (I'm clinically wonder-obsessive).

2.) Is the NIA best placed in a capital? I've yet to play around with Espionage, but I'm a stickler for countering tech-stealing in every Civ version I've played.

3.) Is there a Grand Temple? I came across one in the Civ V Wiki and was like "Whaaa?" It doesn't show in my Civilopedia, but more importantly, it doesn't show up in either my Theology research (as the Wiki states) or my wonders production list. National Treasury shows up grayed out (I still need two more markets), so I would think if there were a Grand Temple, it'd display the same, though I haven't built a single temple (too expensive). So what's the deal?

Thanks y'all!

1. No
2. Yes. It has the most potential
3. You must have built a temple in all cities and it can only be built in the Holy City

1. Thank goodness.
2. Sounds good.
3. This one's still strange. I wonder if my version doesn't have it. I'll take your word for it and build some temples. See what happens.

Thanks man!

Which means if you haven't built a temple in your holy city yet, the Grand Temple won't show up greyed out. Once you have a Temple there, but still need temples elsewhere, it should be greyed out.

However, your statement that Civilopedia doesn't mention Grand Temple is concerning. Your version number seems out of date (though I don't recall precisely). Grand Temple was added in the Fall patch. If you don't have that patch, you also don't have the June patch. Go on Steam and verify your game cache and it should download what you need.

Just to test it, I purchased a temple in nearly every city (ran out of cash), but most importantly, in my capital. Checked my capital and no dice.

Seems you're likely right about my version. I haven't even bothered with Steam, so that's likely my issue. Damn... I wonder what else I'm missing out on! Luckily, this is only my first run-through.

Curious, though - will the download affect my current game?
EDIT: I'm hoping it WILL affect it - positively! :)

Just to test it, I purchased a temple in nearly every city (ran out of cash), but most importantly, in my capital. Checked my capital and no dice.

Seems you're likely right about my version. I haven't even bothered with Steam, so that's likely my issue. Damn... I wonder what else I'm missing out on! Luckily, this is only my first run-through.

Curious, though - will the download affect my current game?
EDIT: I'm hoping it WILL affect it - positively! :)

You probably shouldn't update until you have finished your current game. Civ 5 patches have a history of breaking existing save games. Not always, but I know it's happened a few times.

You probably shouldn't update until you have finished your current game. Civ 5 patches have a history of breaking existing save games. Not always, but I know it's happened a few times.

Yeah, I decided to wait until after this game because it's a fantastic map and I really don't know what's missing yet anyway. I'll DL afterwards and hope to enjoy a few extra goodies (and perhaps some better AI trading? Too much to hope for? :p).

Thanks to you all! This forum is awesome!

Top Bottom