Diplomatic Victory

Cromagnus

Deity
Am I the only one who considers it a loss if (along the way to a Domination, Cultural, or Science Victory) you have to *not use all your votes* to avoid winning a Diplomatic Victory??

I find myself racing the clock almost every game, trying to take that last capital before... oh crap, too late. :-(

I suppose I could just refuse to ally myself with CS. Even without taking Consulates, it's too damn easy!! Graaaah!

Somebody please fix this!!

Ok, sorry. Needed to get that off my chest.

Moderator Action: Changed thread title to remove inappropriate language.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

I haven't played at a level below Emperor in a long time... and I only play on Emperor when I'm achievement farming. :p

I have this same problem on Immortal. I make a minimal effort at CS's and still end up 3ish votes shy of a DV, and sometimes get it by accident.

IT does suck indeed.

tbh, I usually just disable diplomatic victory unless I'm just running for achievements.

Actually, I normally want the fastest peaceful mode of victory possible.
What I'd consider a loss that the game considers a win would be a "time victory".

tbh, I usually just disable diplomatic victory unless I'm just running for achievements.

Me too. Otherwise I'm too tempted to use it to get an early victory.

I will third this. After winning a diplomatic victory once on Immortal, I've just disabled it every time since, regardless of the difficulty level. It really is annoyingly easy to accomplish before the other victory types 9 times out of 10.

It does make the game more interesting if you have Greece in the game though. If you turn DV off then Greece is no threat

Purposely used advanced settings to make sure Alex, Maria T, Maria I, and RammyK is in every one of your games... (and don't come complaining to me about your CS allies being married off or taken with sheer gold)

Turning off DV doesn't solve anything. I still know that I *could* have won a DV by accident and that bothers me. And it weakens the CS happy AIs as mentioned. The right solution is for them to FIX IT. It shouldn't be easier to win a DV than the victory you're going for :p

Now, admittedly, if I was more efficient about Domination I might not be having this problem. But I'd still have this problem with Science Victories. Completing the spaceship before the first World Leader vote is challenging, because tech'ing Satellites starts the World Leader countdown, and if you get unlucky, the timing on the World Leader vote can come really fast. It can be done of course, especially if you rush or buy spaceship parts. But, I dunno.

Maybe I'm not doing a great job of explaining the issue. The game is broken right now. DV is too easy. It needs to be fixed. I've been amusing myself chasing old scenario achievements while I wait for a patch.

But I'd still have this problem with Science Victories. Completing the spaceship before the first World Leader vote is challenging, because tech'ing Satellites starts the World Leader countdown, and if you get unlucky, the timing on the World Leader vote can come really fast.

I've yet to win a Science victory in BNW because of this.

I think the consensus of the community is that the Diplomatic Victory is too easy and relatively borked.

I'm sure the folks at Firaxis already have this on their "to do" list.

Top Bottom