IDG II Citizens Thread

Lord Draknith, Lord of the Grand House of Huber pledges it's tribute to the Emperor.

----
OCC: How many turns do you think an average lifespan should be. I'm thinking that during this next turn set, most of our first major characters should be dying off. Leaving the new heirs to the houses as the next leaders.

Well he has fulfilled his minimum turn-session obligations for this week since he played 20 turns. He was elected Emperor and the turn session rules were officially started on the 7th at 4:30 PM (GMT) so he has til Monday at 4:30 officially. We still have 20 more turns that could be played this week so I for one wouldn't want to see them wasted this early in the game.

Turn Session Rules
  • The Emperor must play atleast 10 turns and a maximum of 20 turns per session.
  • The Emperor must play a minimum of 20 turns and a maximum of 40 turns per week.
  • If the Emperor cannot play a turnsession for any reason the Regent will play it in his absense and also fulfill his post-turnsession obligations..
  • A save file must be posted within 24 hours of the turnsession.
  • An Emperor report must be published in the Game Thread within 48 hours of each turn session. This report must include all relevant data and informative screenshots.

Do the Houses wish to give me (the Regent) emergency powers to play the save before the week ends? I will have time tonight but tomorrow I will not until the deadline is over.

I apoligize for not telling you (I forgot), but I went on vacation this past weekend. Although, I don't mind if Civius plays a TC.

I apoligize for not telling you (I forgot), but I went on vacation this past weekend. Although, I don't mind if Civius plays a TC.

No worries, I think this early in the game a turn-session is needed before the weeks deadline. I'll do a turn-session and RP the report.

No big deal. I think as long as the main four of us keep things rolling along we should be fine. Just make sure to stay in communication with everyone, and I don't see this thing ending until we are masters of the world, or are utterly destroyed...

OK the turn report is up, don't forget the Houses must also decide to if they want give tribute to the Regent. If atleast 50% pay tribute the Emperor will return to power, if not we will enter a rebellion.

We should also begin discussing strategy. We are on Monarch level and the AI have a great advantage.

Sorry guys. I totally put my tribute post on the wrong page. Not to mention I got two of the houses mixed up, so sorry for my ignorance. Everyting should be up on the right page now though.

Sorry guys. I totally put my tribute post on the wrong page. Not to mention I got two of the houses mixed up, so sorry for my ignorance. Everyting should be up on the right page now though.

I didn't want to say anything last time but the tribute posts go in the Game Thread, I'm glad it fixed itself :) .

Civplayah Artok I's memoir:

"When I build the Artonian house, I had the intent of uniting the tribes through the use of a good platform. Expansion, and Imperialism, I believe, is the key to success. There are many people who thought they would make a better leader, but a fellow named John agreed with me and my platform. With that, I united the tribes and built more houses and expanded my house (to make a palace) to form a small village which I named after myself, Artok. During my rule, I had a vision of taking rock and gems out of mountain for value. In fact, I have a gem that I mined myself in my younger days. We ate and bred and expanded and prospered. The people were happy and healthy. But, I went exploring in the forest to the north, leaving Civius, my right-hand man, to rule the nation. Because of my absence, the people overthrew me. The voting is happening right now, but I'm too torn to vote. But, honestly, if John were running, I would vote for him."

-Civplayah Artok, 3499 BCE

Thank you for the memior Civplayah, I feel somewhat guilty about playing the TC now. If I'd known it would lead to a rebellion I would not have done it. There will be many Dynasties through out the game and I will back the House of Artok once again when the day arises.

1st Dynasty of Artok 4000-3000bc. I shall add your memiors to the Imperial Library.

"When I build the Artonian house, I had the intent of uniting the tribes through the use of a good platform. Expansion, and Imperialism, I believe, is the key to success. There are many people who thought they would make a better leader, but a fellow named John agreed with me and my platform. With that, I united the tribes and built more houses and expanded my house (to make a palace) to form a small village which I named after myself, Artok. During my rule, I had a vision of taking rock and gems out of mountain for value. In fact, I have a gem that I mined myself in my younger days. We ate and bred and expanded and prospered. The people were happy and healthy. But, I went exploring in the forest to the north, leaving Civius, my right-hand man, to rule the nation. Because of my absence, the people overthrew me. The voting is happening right now, but I'm too torn to vote. But, honestly, if John were running, I would vote for him."

I have not laughed that hard in awhile man. Your rule in all honesty though was great. I haven't this much fun playing civ in a long time. Artok is definatly going to be back. The early game is fun, and I'm sure everyone wants a try at it before the classical period.

May Jao I be remembered as Jao I Deliverer of the Artonians

You make it sound like we hated your rule from the start! You were a great leader and got us rolling, I would think that the House of Artok could be reborn.

My first act as Emperor is to appoint Vandal of Reichkaiser the Regent to the Empire. He has shown his loyalty to team games and is to my best knowledge an advanced Civ4 player.

Now fellow Artons let us discuss the future of our Empire. Decisions made now will effect future Emperors so I would welcome all opinions. There is a discussion on city placements in the game thread. I plan to finish the worker and begin working our resources. I am beelining BW then we can begin pumping out settlers and workers. The game has a way of throwing you curveballs so none of this is in stone but is my basic strategy for the next turn session. I will be playing 20 turns tonight and can't do a turn chat until I figure out why my screenies are failing when I'm not on full screen mode.

I am flattered, and as my first suggestion, to begin a build up of Military Forces whenever it is available. I have a felling we're not alone.

That is why we are going to get the Horses before our production city. We need Chariots to counter barbarian axes as well as a possible aggressive Civ. Though it is rare for the AI to declare war this early in a game. Once our production city is up and running we can begin pumping out a strong military. I personally like to build a large military even if I am alone. Once Hereditary Rule comes I like most of my cities at 20+ pop.

Top Bottom