Maya

Yes where are the stats for the Pyramid if you can provide a link it would be great. It means I guess a shrine provides +2 faith.

And I almost always get Theology now very early. Hagia Sophia is always great and worth getting the tech early.

You can check it for yourself @ Arioch's site who collected it from the previously locked out screenshots !

And shrine provides only 1 faith IIRC.

Just curious, but is it possible that the Mayans in the screenshot's game had Ancestor Worship, or something else that improved the output of Shrines?

I mean, +2 Faith / +2 Science from a base of +1 Faith is rather ridiculous. This is like if the Egyptian Burial Tomb replaced a Monument in vanilla rather than a Temple...

That would be awesome.

TBH he does sound very odd, specially that last almost gutural sound, I've never heard any Mayan with that sound, but Im no expert, perhaps there is, and Im simply not aware.

I am no expert either but while Pacal's guttural sounds, sound more pronounced that style of speech definitely exists in at least Kaqchikel. My grandfather would explain for some words you would want to talk through your throat or through your nose.

The guttural is normal. At least I have heard it before (not to the extent of the accent). One has to realize though there are a ton of dialects of the various Maya languages. Even in Kaqchikel my Grandfather and Grandmother speak two different variants. Like a dog for my grandfather (T'ze) means I think a turtle for my grandmother.

Just curious, but is it possible that the Mayans in the screenshot's game had Ancestor Worship, or something else that improved the output of Shrines?

I mean, +2 Faith / +2 Science from a base of +1 Faith is rather ridiculous. This is like if the Egyptian Burial Tomb replaced a Monument in vanilla rather than a Temple...

I dont think so, ancestor worhip gives culture, and its the only pantheon belief affecting shrines.

I dont think its THAT imbalanced, after all its only 1 shrine per city and you have to build it first. The Celts would get a much faster religous start with just a couple of forests around and barbs. The Mayans have to keep expanding and gain momentum first, it would be after hitting theology that the Mayan machine would really kick in.

But talking about beliefs with Mayan synergy Reliquary: Gain 50 Faith each time a Great Person is expended sounds great.

And as sidenote, the Mayan icon is taken from the largest temple in Uxmal, "the diviners house"

Spoiler :

I am no expert either but while Pacal's guttural sounds, sound more pronounced that style of speech definitely exists in at least Kaqchikel. My grandfather would explain for some words you would want to talk through your throat or through your nose.

The guttural is normal. At least I have heard it before (not to the extent of the accent). One has to realize though there are a ton of dialects of the various Maya languages. Even in Kaqchikel my Grandfather and Grandmother speak two different variants. Like a dog for my grandfather (T'ze) means I think a turtle for my grandmother.

thanks for the clarification, I just had never heard that particular sound before. As you say, maybe its just that is very pronounced. :)

Ok just asked my Grandfather. It is not Kaqchikel for sure at least and it was too hard for him to pick up a word from it so it probably isn't any of the closely related Quiche variants as well.

Top Bottom