Guess what the next civ to be revealed will be!

So, the next civ will be

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morocco. As others have suggested, the hints with the Kasbah (with the devs explicitly saying something on the poster is a hint, and the Kasbah is the only really unusual thing we haven't seen before), as well as the "slip" in the interview, suggest that they've been building up to Morocco anyways. The international trade UA would suit Morocco and put a bit of emphasis on the Trans-Saharan trade routes, an oft neglected but important part of world history.

Indonesia and Italy/Venice are other possibilities, but I think Morocco has the best chance.

I have no idea what the next civ might be, but what it should be is an outrageous left-of-field dark horse that no one could have expected, or even asked for, but will form a perfect vehicle for the new features. The Arawak, perhaps?, or maybe Punt? We've already had Brazil, and Assyria!, who knows what else is coming?

Brazil wasn't a dark horse. There were a lot of significant (and emotional) speculation towards it when tourism was revealed as a mechanic. A dark horse, by it's very nature must be something so unexpected that no one has seriously considered it.

I have no idea what the next civ might be, but what it should be is an outrageous left-of-field dark horse that no one could have expected, or even asked for, but will form a perfect vehicle for the new features. The Arawak, perhaps?, or maybe Punt? We've already had Brazil, and Assyria!, who knows what else is coming?

Strange you should post that - I was thinking of the Punt when I wrote my last post...surely not...? The leaderhead could probably be re-used in the Scramble for Africa scenario too...but no, surely not!??!

Brazil wasn't a dark horse. There were a lot of significant (and emotional) speculation towards it when tourism was revealed as a mechanic...

You're right of course, but before we knew about Tourism, would Brazil have been entertained? Wouldn't we (/I/You/Us/Them/He Who Must Not Be Named) have said: "Nice idea, but there are X, Y and Z civilizations who are more conspicuous by their absence than Brazil"? I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't have seen them coming, though I think they're a fine addition now they're here.

Strange you should post that - I was thinking of the Punt when I wrote my last post...surely not...? The leaderhead could probably be re-used in the Scramble for Africa scenario too...but no, surely not!??!

Surely not indeed. But the future is a mystery! We can run around screaming :run: or we can stand like badasses and watch it rush towards us :ninja:. Who knows?

Have to say, though, I would absolutely love to see a Punt leader screen. All that incense. Fragrant.

Morocco really rules out Venice in favour of Italy - Venice would be a trade focus civ, and we are already getting two of those (Morocco and Portugal) - but Italy would be a GW-focus civ, which we do not have yet.

I believe the next civ revealed will be Morocco, but as that civ is supposed to be revealed alongside another, and I believe that other is to which the UA corresponds, I voted for Venice.

It sounds like Indonesia to me. :) Moors/Morocco wouldn't have something like "…for each International Trade Route with…".(Unless of course it's got something to do with their Sahara caravans)
I would love it if it was Morocco though, since that's the closest I'll get to Andalusia!

PS:Really disappointed that Israel/Hebrews have been confirmed to not be in. Was looking foreword to playing with David or Solomon.

It sounds like Indonesia to me. :) Moors/Morocco wouldn't have something like "…for each International Trade Route with…".(Unless of course it's got something to do with their Sahara caravans)

Morocco would fit perfectly with international trade routes - the Trans-Saharan trade routes are an important but oft forgotten part of world history. There could be plenty of ways it plays out.

Not that it will be Morocco, but it could easily fit Morocco as it could fit Indonesia.

Morocco would fit perfectly with international trade routes - the Trans-Saharan trade routes are an important but oft forgotten part of world history. There could be plenty of ways it plays out.

While I tend to agree, I hope they change the Arabs a bit. Two Muslim civilizations with UAs that essentially represent the same trade route. I hope they can do something to distinguish them.

You're right of course, but before we knew about Tourism, would Brazil have been entertained? Wouldn't we (/I/You/Us/Them/He Who Must Not Be Named) have said: "Nice idea, but there are X, Y and Z civilizations who are more conspicuous by their absence than Brazil"? I don't know, but I certainly wouldn't have seen them coming, though I think they're a fine addition now they're here.

Actually, yes. Brazil has had quite a following as the only post-colonial state to have emerged as a major political power not named America. I remember seeing quite a bit of clamoring for their inclusion even before BNW was announced.

I would love it if it was Morocco though, since that's the closest I'll get to Andalusia!

PS:Really disappointed that Israel/Hebrews have been confirmed to not be in. Was looking foreword to playing with David or Solomon.

Moroccan history is actually full of diplomacy and international trading

That icon is pretty obviously African (it's a desert, and there are no deserts in Indonesia as far as I know). I'll go with Morocco.

That icon is pretty obviously African (it's a desert, and there are no deserts in Indonesia as far as I know). I'll go with Morocco.

Yeah, people shouldn't even be bringing up Indonesia to start off with. That image evokes Indonesia just as much as it evokes the North Pole or Mars

That leader looks like an African/Middle Eastern one to me, and there is a palm tree in the background with a tent. However, even though I believe it is probable to be the Moroccans, the background also has a sought of Far East Asian theme to it, maybe the palm tree is a jungle? and the lamp looks sought of Asian, may be Indonesia or Vietnam but it's probably Morocco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom