Civilization III: Worldwide

Why I have in two cities *shipyard ? I'm still trying to understand this new function. :)

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking what a Shipyard does in the game or did you encounter an error?

I deleted the space between (th) and (.wav), because it was InfantryDeath .wav . S now is InfantryDeath.wav . I got second crash when I built something about the Hegemony project and and window about percent Hegemony´s complete was opened. Then I tried to close it, but I saw only white screen and blocking game. When I loaded the autosave there was no problem again.

I haven't had any Hegemony issues yet so I'll keep an eye out. The Marine was a late edition which is why his sound error went uncorrected. This, along with the phantom resource and some machts nicht stuff should be fixed and posted in the next couple weeks.

One visual defect

This is simply the way the game places these air units. If some brave, bored soul wants to ask Wyrmshadow's permission to redo his hundreds of amazing air units using Vuldacon's method, he's welcome to try. Since I am not a unit maker, I am simply grateful for whatever these guys create and share, since they've made my game possible.

Thanks for the feedback, Oxus. I'll be on and off the net the next few weeks. Work and all. But I'll be keeping an eye on the thread.

Attachments

• Sound Test.zip
    13.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
And I thank you too! To you and to all people behind this. For me is pleasure to play your MOD.

I have also some ideas about making the game easier. In the window of units every type of them to be in different color. So if the transport ships are blue I will manage the things easier with large armies. If somebody know from where I can edit this, I will be very thankful.

About the flak unit, isn't they too weak? The enemy ruined my cities with air bombing. Also I think that the rockets are too strong or too cheap. I received around 50 rockets for one turn(when the war began) and often a rocket kill a modern airplane(or maybe just I hate this kind of war).

It's at the end of post one.

I've been mulling the question about the rockets for a while now. I like how the computer uses them, but as you pointed out, cruise missiles target air units first. There'll be some kind of solution to this in the next biq some time in May. More on this stuff soon.

A new patch has been uploaded to make some corrections. It's called v 2.1 for simplicity's sake. It features:

-Correction of offshore platform phantom resource bug.
-Correction of Marine INI and Civpedia pcx errors.
-Added Scout for West African Expansionist civ. In addition, their warriors now have two movement.
-The RAND Center is now a Small Wonder available to all civs with the discovery of Computers. It gives a 150% science boost and auto-generates rockets every 5 turns. It no longer gives 2 free advances.
-The Research Lab attribute now generates SSM launchers in addition to its regular bonuses. SSMs are artillery units (without blitz or offensive capabilities like other artillery) with long range, high damage, and a rate of fire of 3.
-Frankish Spearman (first unit created for the mod!) no longer requires iron.
-Dyes bonus resource now gives a +1 shield bonus.

The attachment is available at the end of Post 1 and in the download database. Simply save, unzip, and integrate into your current folder. New Biq is included. Also, I am uploading the fully corrected game to AtomicGamer. So first time players (or if you've deleted the game) can get the full thing without searching for extra patches.

Thanks for playing! You've gotten me thinking about an Earth version of the game, but it might be a different from what you're expecting. :) I've got some ideas cooking on that, but don't expect to see it this side of 2012. I'm knee deep into making my new game right now.

I have just tried to download and play it for the first time. The game gives me a load error that says:

Error Reading File

Missing entry in "text\Pedialcons.txt": ICON_BLDG_Power_Plant

The game will now exit

Then it just closes....help?

If you're one of the 9 people who downloaded the new biq since last night, there's an error. The Letters of Marque attribute, for some inane reason, does not have the 'coastal installation' box checked in the editor, and therefore can be built in landlocked cities. So, you can either download the corrected Biq in post 1 or change the improvement in your editor.

CDoox: Make sure your Worldwide folder and the scneraio Biq are located in your Conquests/Scenarios folder. Also make sure that there's not another Worldwide folder inside the first one. It's working fine on mine so let me know if that doesn't solve the crash.

*mumbles*

the update brings back the infantrydeath wav issue and now i cant seem to rename it

*edit*
ok figured it out,had to remove the space in the marine config file that relates to the infaNTRYDEATH SOUND

IT WAS LOOKING FOR INFANTRYDEATH .WAV not infantrydeath.wav

Thanks for the help on my last question... I got it going, and decided to play the United States and see some of the later technologies.... but for some reason there is no oil on my map (anywhere on the world)... I have diplomats running around in enemy territory scouting too but there doesn't seem to be any oil. I'm making tanks with the automobile factories but I can't make them directly or anything like aircraft. Is this something you've already addressed?

Can i use your art files on my mod? of course i will give all credit to you.

Thanks, Rick. Please feel free to use anything you like. All units, terrain graphics, and many buildings are courtesy of other users, and there are credits in Post 1. The remaining buildings, techs, splashes, interface, etc are custom. Help yourself.

Great game, but how do you deal with early tech trading in a mod like yours?

It functions the same as in a normal Civ 3 game. If you would like to disable early trading, it could be done in a few minutes in your scenario .biq file. I didn't want to second guess too much of the standard game play, but you can customize the game in any way you like.

Side note: It seems that the Airdrop function requires the 'veteran air units' Improvement flag, not the 'air trade' flag, so the Fortresses don't work as they should. To enable the veteran flag would allow you to airlift fusiliers and such in the 18th century since just about every unit has the Airlift command, so that's not really an option. I haven't thought of a solution to this yet. :think:

I might be missing someting but couldn't you just uncheck the airlift flag from all the non-modern units? Would take a long time I guess in your mod which has so many units. Actually you wouldn't need to do it for units from the first era as they will be very unlikely to be around when you are building fortresses.

I might be missing someting but couldn't you just uncheck the airlift flag from all the non-modern units? Would take a long time I guess in your mod which has so many units. Actually you wouldn't need to do it for units from the first era as they will be very unlikely to be around when you are building fortresses.

Steph's editor would make that process faster, but two problems remain. First, the Fortress doesn't go obsolete until Advanced Flight at the end of Era 3, which is well after infantry, artillery, and other units with legitimate airlift capablities are available. I could, of course, make the fotress obsolete much sooner but that reduces its usefullness. Second, units like settlers, workers, and diplomats all are airlift-capable and I would like to keep them that way. Still, I like the idea of dropping forts on key terrain around your cities, although I haven't seen the AI build a Fotress Attribute yet. They're building the hell out of Letters of Marque, though.

Silly, fickle computer.

I'm downloading this at the moment and am really looking forward to playing. AnthonyBoscia, have you ever considered Gamefront.com as a viable hosting alternative? It is free to register and upload. Quick download times for me with the numerous Total War series mods I've downloaded from the site.

for some reason there is no oil on my map (anywhere on the world)...

I downloaded the game after you posted this and tried a test. Oil showed up fine. Did you end up finding any? Refining is the technology prerequisite.

I am not familiar on how to do this. I tried a biq editor, but there is no option to disable tech trading.

You can disable techs individually through the editor. Open the game with the biq, and go to the Civilization Advances tab under Edit Rules. Check off 'Cannot be Traded' for the ones you would like to be as such.

First time viewing.

Looks a lot like my mod, first off, nice work.

I also like the changed "space race".

Yes, very cool. I think I'll check it out.

Game error...

File not found Dassault MD.452 Mystére IV.INI

please help...thanks.

Top Bottom