Civ5 fatigue?

Last time I played Poland on Deity continents, I spawned right beside Japan who forward settled Osaka literally 3 tiles away from my capital. He even rushed construction and built the terracotta army... Needless to say, my SV plan to get Poland can into Space achievement was sidetracked by quite a bit... Had to rush machinery and harass his workers with scouts in the very early game to prevent being annihilated. And then after I wiped out Japan I learn that the Ottomans destroyed Germany and took over 70% of the continent I spawned on... And shortly, another war broke out and I had to deal with millenia of warfare with unlimited carpets of Janisarries and Sipahi because crossbows don't count much for your military score, and having carpets of crossbows invites AI to walk into your territory in spite of how good on the defense they are...

Yeah, up the difficulty (maybe set all AIs as warmongers... I didn't set any AIs, but the RNG decided to put me, Japan, Germany, AND the Ottomans on the same goddamn continent, probably the RNG's way of a middle finger for playing Poland.) and maybe change victory conditions (sometimes I turn off cultural, other times I turn off diplomatic; domination only isn't very fun however). Believe me, when you're close to people who want to obliterate you and WILL obliterate you unless you handle the situation flawlessly (or push your abilities to the limit, at least), the game turns much more intense and exciting.

Thanks for the suggestion. I almost forgot about adding in warmonger nations into the mix. Usually when I play games I like to play against civs that would have interacted with mine in real life. I'm an anal history nerd like that. :p I do like a good war, though sometimes it just gets overwhelming, and the game is kinda random when it comes to who you're most likely at war with. I've once played a game where Attila the Hun never bothered anyone and never declared war on me. Can you imagine that?! :crazyeye:

Top Bottom