Deity Babylon help . Have skilldorado

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esnidy

Chieftain
So the map generator gods blessed me with a pretty good starting location but I've been through a few attempts with difficulty . Takes my warrior 2 turns to find "skilldorado" so have insta 500g. Best near location gets me a hill capital next to a mountain and river . No coast though sadly . Also good resource wise 4-5 rares around capital mostly silk . The next 2-3 cities could nab 2-3 more each .

Only problem is I'm right next to Denmark war is usually inevitable but Manageable somewhat . I've taken him out on a few tries . However the bigger problem is if I ever destroy Denmark ultra douche Assyria is right next to them and steam rolls me after if Denmark isn't there as a buffer. Also as the game progresses longer if I don't plant my cities Isabella eventually crosses over from her island gets greedy and starts placing her own right in my empire usually DOW also polyesia does this expansionism too.

1st attempt: archer rush kill Denmark . Assyria rapes me instantly with siege towers
2cnd attempt : 3-4 archer rush Denmark along with Assyria take 3 towns but leave one city alive . B line to crossbow men tech . Good relations with Assyria . Isabella then starts planting cities near Me taking valuable land . I spy on her and she gets pissed and DOW me along with Denmark . Assyria joins the fight on my side . I hold both off and grab 2 of Isabella's cities . Peace. ashurnasirpal wants me to attack Denmark with him again . I agree and I take a town and he takes Harold's last town . THEN THAT PRICK ASHUR decides to Dow me less than 10 turns later even though we are friends , have fought together all game , and even have a defense pact... By this time I'm so far behind in tech and only have so many units I can't handle the attack . Noticed I got a negative diplomacy for Dow on friend even though I don't remember doing so .... Maybe that's what did it . This game went full honor

Anyway any advice ? If I focus on tech I let my neighbors get too strong early but if I go military usually I can take over Denmark but I lose the economic and tech race unless my build orders suck and end up getting raped by having poorly teched army

No worries. Mods will fix your placement error.

Haven't played C5 for a while, but if you're playing as Babylon, go full Putin from turn 1. Attack Denmark instantly and leave it only with its capital or some other city, if you want their capital first. should be easy enough with babylonian archers. 3 of them is all you need for invariably weak Harald. The moment Assyria DOWs the remnants of Denmark, take its last city.

You want Assyria on your side but be careful. When AI is asking you to join some silly war on the other side of the map, it's the oldest trick in the book. They will likely DOW you a few turns later. Kazimierz Wielki does it all the time but it's nothing new for other leaders as well, especially militarists like Ashursomethingsomething.

To ward off Spain, use a wall of pikemen with the best archers you can manage behind them. You should have 3-4 3-tiles range units by now (possibly more if you went full honor, which I never do myself) so it should be easy as long as you don't have to fight on two fronts. Spain and Denmark are usually pitiful losers.

And Kamehameha... When I meet this guy on immortal or deity, I restart the game. Expansionism in Civ games is the only real weapon AI has that can hurt you. Usually, it doesn't use it making the game quite easy. Unfortunately, the Iroquois, Poles and Polynesians are an exception in this rule and will most likely just roll over you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom