Surrender to Kueche

Calis

on time
Dear Eagles,

I've been thinking about our situation a lot lately. I love what we've built up here. A great nation with great potential. But the war we've started led us down and we do not have any chance long term to survive against the other two teams.

When Anarchie left the game, everything was out of balance. At this point we should have allied with Kueche instead of attacking them. But afterwards, you are wiser.

We can just try to defend our cities, but eventually everything will be in rubble. And I hate the image of that. I do not want to see our glorious cities in ruins. The thought makes me :cry:

As I see it now, Kueche has given up any thought on winning this game.

This was where I got the idea of surrendering our nation to Kueche. If they take our nation as their new core, they have great chances of wining the game. I am not sure whether the rules allow a palace jump, but this would be an option.

But I can't just decide this. Of course this is a team decision.

But I ask you to consider the positive effect. all our effords can still bear fruits, as what we have built will aid Kueche to victory.

Please think about it.

I would like to fight down to the last man. Take out as many Brotherhood and Kueche units as we can.

At the same time, in the event that we lose, I do not want to take the Anarchy route and torch all of our cities. Let the Kueche have the cities, intact with the granaries, libraries and wonders that we built in them. Let the Eagle citizens become Kueche's newest dishwashers. Abandoning all of one's cities, IMO, is a cowardly way to lose a war. If it's really that hopeless, we might as well give them the satisfaction of killing our last musket and asking the military advisor "What's the big picture?" when they destroy us.

Now I don't want to sound like sour grapes, but the map was... regrettable to say the least. This outcome is predictable: whoever conquers their continent first wins. The Brotherhood likely had this game won once Anarchy folded. This was the case in MTDG I as far as I can tell. In a competitive environment like this, 2x2 continents, just doesn't work. It's a shame that the mapmakers didn't realize this, but that's the unfortunate reality.

Thank you Bowsling. At least one person, who seems to care.

I am 100% sure that we have no chance mid-term. Otherwise I would not propose this. And the fact that Brotherhood already won the game when Anarchy burned themselves, is true. Only if Kueche and us had allied immediately after that, we could have beaten the Brotherhood. but that was not only Kueches fault. WE attacked them.

But anyhow, I agree that we should fight on for a while. When it comes to the point that there is no hope left, we can still surrender to Kueche.

Oh, good. We have a plan again. :thumbsup:

Good. I wasn't meant to be ironic. At least not in the definition of ironic I use.

"Oh, good. We have a plan again", means "Oh, good. We have a plan again." For a moment there, it looked as if we were about to abandon the game. But now our plan is to fight on, at least for a while.

I fear that this situation came faster than even I expected. But sponsored by the Brothhood, Kueche was able to build up military really fast. And combined with their luck in the last turn, we are cloes to being wiped out.

Any further oposition to surrendering in a turn or two?

No, we lost. Let the other two slug it out. Ask if we can get updates occasionally from both teams.

I will send them this message this evening, if no one objects:

Dear Kueche,

You have fought a brave and touh war. You were noble opponents. And at the right time (last turn) luck was also supporting you ;).

I and my fellow team mates take our hats off.

Team Eagles decided that we do not want to see our cities in rubble, what will inevitably happen, if we try to fight on. Also we see that at your current condition, you will have a hard time, beating The Brotherhood.

From our point of view, when Anarchie resigned, the game was out of balance to the advantage of The Brotherhood. at this point, instead of fighting, our teams should have decided to work together. But we attecked you.

Now we want to even out the odds again. The Eagles will surrender all towns to Kueche. With our strong core, you should be able to beat the Brotherhood.

As a final step you just have to capture Aerie, as we can't gift you our capital.

With best wishes,
Calis of the Flock

I will send them this message this evening, if no one objects:
To the Kueche,

You have fought a brave and tough war. You are noble opponents. And at the right time (last turn) luck was also supporting you .

I and my fellow team mates take off our hats to you.

Team Eagles decided that we do not want to see our cities in rubble, what will inevitably happen, if we try to fight on. Also we see that in your current condition, you will have a hard time beating The Brotherhood.

From our point of view, when Anarchie resigned, the game was out of balance to the advantage of The Brotherhood. At this point, instead of fighting, our teams should have decided to work together. But we attecked you.

Now we want to even out the odds again. The Eagles will surrender all towns to Kueche. With our strong core, you should be able to beat the Brotherhood.

As a final step you just have to capture Aerie, as we can't gift you our capital.

With best wishes,
Calis of the Flock

A few suggested corrections.

Posted by Cotta:

Short note:

We maybe need one or two more days to decide.

If we surrender, do we have the option of joining other teams?

Not that I've been very active here. :sad:

I'm pretty sure the rule was to allow refugees to join existing teams.

From the rules
1.3. After a team has been eliminated from the game, its members may apply to become members of another team still active. They are free to share any information they have with their new team. The new team may decide, whether it wants to accept refugees or not.

Their reply:

We have decided to accept.

But there's a lot to do and some open questions...I personally think that your team don't have any interest to answer questions. If so, please let us know.

I will answer them that we are willing to answer all questions.

Their first question:

Question: You have some settlers running around on the great northern island. I don't know exactly if they all could found new cities because of "our" culture. Would you be ready to found them this turn or next one? So, would you be ready to go on with the game for more than this turn which you surely expected the last one?...

And my answer:

I am going to play as long as needed. Don't worry about this. As mentioned in our letter, I (and the team) just don't want to see our great cities in rubble. I will found and gift the towns, as we originally planned. But that will take a couple of turns. I will be here as long as it takes.

(And maybe you are willing to take refugees after The Eagles vanished).

Top Bottom