Won on Immortal, large fractal, Mayas

Auere

Chieftain
Hey everybody.

Just got my first victory in on immortal difficulty, so I thought I would brag a bit:)

Got a good area from the start with lots of salt, wheat and cows. A chain of mountains to the north protected me from the chinese and french setting up close to me, while I had plenty of room to expand south with no competetion, 8-10 cities big area. The mountainchain only had a couple of narrow passes to protect when the french first declared war on me. Actually a spearman more or less played Leonides and his 300 men by holding off the french invasion for an eternety in a pass between the mountains.

I missed stonehenge and great library, but got myself the pyramids and hanging gardens. from the medival era and on, I got just about every wonder except a select few really bad ones.

I never declared war in the game. I upheld peace and research treaties with 4-5 nations most of the time, while pounding back on those that declared was on me. In the late game I destroyed the french and cartagians and grabbed their land.

I got so far ahead technologically in the late game, that my closest competator was an entire era behind me at all times. So it not a single nuclear bomb was ever dropped.

I won diplomatically with 19 votes (although I would also easily have won space race), 17 from city state allies!

My ending stats were approx:

3500 sience/turn
200 piety/turn (spamming padogas)
250 culture/turn
+50 happiness with 30+ cities

Ending score was 3850, so the highest ranking. Ceasar.

A little break from civ now :)

btw: commerce policy is something like the best in the game. +2 happiness from each reasource? Seriously.

Well done. :)

I have just moved up to Immortal from Emperor and and definitely finding it tougher going. My first attempt at this level is actually the Game of The Month (public humiliation).

How long have you been trying to win at Immortal?

Just won a Diplo victory with Genghis Khan of all people last night on Immortal. That was when I was next to last in points between 7 AI's. Game is still pretty easy to beat.

How long have you been trying to win at Immortal?

I have seldenly played the same game for so long, but after faith was introduced to the game and the AI was somewhat upgraded, I began to find even the late game more interesting.

The only other fullhearted attempt I had on immortal was with Isabella, where I lost interest in the game when the nuke-fest started. I was slightly ahead on points in that game - nothing like the game I won, where I ended with double amount of points compared to number 2.

Just won a Diplo victory with Genghis Khan of all people last night on Immortal. That was when I was next to last in points between 7 AI's. Game is still pretty easy to beat.

If you have alot of gold - then yes. Even on immortal diplomatic victory seems relatively easy to get. Votes should really be weighted more after population.

Top Bottom