BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Can you maybe give an help on the crazyness of the warlords present mod? (see my posts above)
Sorry BLubmuz - I've been watching them come through and thinking 'lucky me, not having to deal with them' :D.

I'm running vista, its 32 bit and have just updated to SP2.

My asset checker also reports no errors

EDIT: having done the update above I've tried it again and its still giving me the error. the only non- standard thing I have is blue marble and I can't remember if thats in warlords (also I think it shouldn't affect HOF mod)

A new save from todays test: View attachment 223044

I guess it's not an OS problem. Is it possible some minor mistake in the new mod?
@BLubmuz, do you have BM as well? Are you guys sure you don't have something in customassets that might be causing this. Assetchecker doesn't look there.

I may have made a mistake but I can't think of what. I have installed the same files you have and the checksums are different than yours. I do not get a warning message.

I can't think of anything else I have installed, looking through the folder there are only 2 dates when things were last modified (one from install and one from BM, which is just art and some cursors)

Is it just the two of us having this problem? If so its unlikely to be BM as I think thats fairly widespread.

For me it isn't the end of the world if this isn't fixed as I mostly play either vanilla or BTS anyway

@BLubmuz, do you have BM as well? Are you guys sure you don't have something in customassets that might be causing this. Assetchecker doesn't look there.
Sure, i have Blue Marble installed, but never had a problem with 003, not even now. I've tried to start a game with 003 and everything was OK, no red messages. Also Vanilla works properly, and i just submitted my first game with Buffy and it's accepted (#17614).

I may have made a mistake but I can't think of what. I have installed the same files you have and the checksums are different than yours. I do not get a warning message.
Moment: you posted this file (HOFSettings.txt)
Spoiler :
modCRC,b7b807c0b1f785a8a813922c8cf1f22f,
dllCRC,940cb17cba29429d94b57713d5e528cc,
shaderCRC,b96ec33a4eaaa4af95d2f15f087cce50,
pythonCRC,f631e68d2818e85483491be6340f7c55,
xmlCRC,288750f2589dea94b4caef44431a1702,
and the checksums are the same of the file i have in the installed mod folder.
Same for the save, but the mod CRC (the first one, right?).
Spoiler :
Mods\HOF-2.13.004\
bb91d026507bf937cebbafa6679c52ee 2.1.3.0
940cb17cba29429d94b57713d5e528cc
b96ec33a4eaaa4af95d2f15f087cce50
f631e68d2818e85483491be6340f7c55
288750f2589dea94b4caef44431a1702
Do the assets checker works properly? If yes (and i think so, since i have 0 problems with the other mods), the problem is in the mod.

Edit

RED ALERT!!!

You can't believe it!
I started the autosave i posted and no errors.
Then i started another game, error message like the one i posted.
Exit to desktop, loaded the save... no errors.
Here it is, please verify it
I've verified with the HoF utility, and this is the result. Not a single problem, but the first row. This is even worse, 'coz after an exit the game was OK, but the HoF test says no. :confused:

I wouldn't read too much into the message not showing up on a save load. The checksums warnings are only displayed on the inital start of a new game.

The ModCRC are the only ones that have changed since 3.17 updated Vanilla's DLL. The AssetChecker say my files are good too. The thing is that I don't know what Firaxis includes in their checksums. I have had good success with AssetChecker but you could have a file somewhere I don't check that Firaxis does. It is either that or something OS related.

Edit: Ozbenno's save matches your's. I guess I am the only one that can submit Warlords saves anymore. :mischief:

Attachments

• HOFSettings.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 115
I wouldn't read too much into the message not showing up on a save load. The checksums warnings are only displayed on the inital start of a new game.

The ModCRC are the only ones that have changed since 3.17 updated Vanilla's DLL. The AssetChecker say my files are good too. The thing is that I don't know what Firaxis includes in their checksums. I have had good success with AssetChecker but you could have a file somewhere I don't check that Firaxis does. It is either that or something OS related.

Edit: Ozbenno's save matches your's. I guess I am the only one that can submit Warlords saves anymore. :mischief:

I just submitted one
hopefully, you're wrong with the lonesome thing

Well, i'm running XP, Bestje is running Vista... not an OS problem, i suppose.

Let's make a test:
Zip your 004 warlords folder and send it to me by email (you got my address).
Then i will unzip it substituting the one i currently have.
I'll try to start a game and i'll report my results.

AFAIK the check on the mod is performed by the mod, not by Firaxis.

Last note: it won't be the end of the world, i don't play much warlords (to be honest i don't play much at all). But is a question of honor at this point.

I believe that my problem is solved of Vanilla Civ 4 + HOF mod 1.74 not working on Windows 7. The error message is gone and I submitted a "clean" 4000bc save to the system.

Here was the simple fix:

This is in addition to all files (but not folders) already being unchecked as not Read Only (from the Vista fixes).

Well, i'm running XP, Bestje is running Vista... not an OS problem, i suppose.

Let's make a test:
Zip your 004 warlords folder and send it to me by email (you got my address).
Then i will unzip it substituting the one i currently have.
I'll try to start a game and i'll report my results.

AFAIK the check on the mod is performed by the mod, not by Firaxis.

Last note: it won't be the end of the world, i don't play much warlords (to be honest i don't play much at all). But is a question of honor at this point.
It is probably the 64-bit thing. I changed the HOFSettings file and updated the web site yesterday. I've had weird problems before. All the checksums are generated by the exe. I am not going to worry about unless someone starts coming up with the same checksums I had.

I believe that my problem is solved of Vanilla Civ 4 + HOF mod 1.74 not working on Windows 7. The error message is gone and I submitted a "clean" 4000bc save to the system.

Here was the simple fix:

This is in addition to all files (but not folders) already being unchecked as not Read Only (from the Vista fixes).
That is the 2nd Vista fix listed. I guess that the 3rd one isn't an issue with Win7. Good to know.

It is probably the 64-bit thing. I changed the HOFSettings file is the one you posted and i downloaded? and updated the web site yesterday. I've had weird problems before. All the checksums are generated by the exe. I am not going to worry about unless someone starts coming up with the same checksums I had.
Sorry Denniz, i don't understand your answer. :confused:
My PC is 64 bit, but my OS is 32, so i need 32 bit SW.
Maybe you need to take this in account and make different mods for 32 and 64 bit?

Or you'll let us poor people with half-working mod in the mud? :)

My OS is vista 64-bit but Civ4 is 32-bit. The mod is 32-bit as well. It can't be anything else. I don't understand why Warlords coming up with a difference using the same files as you. If worst comes to worst I can setup the website to accept both value as valid. For now, as I said, I updated the install and website to use the checksums you guys have been getting.

I love the mod - but I've noticed that when you move over the flag in the btm of the UI you no longer get the info about your civ's chars (I think you just get your name and some other info)- is it possible to get that back?

Cheers

I love the mod - but I've noticed that when you move over the flag in the btm of the UI you no longer get the info about your civ's chars (I think you just get your name and some other info)- is it possible to get that back?

Cheers
:confused: It's still there. I have noticed that civ4 sometime get stuck displaying one thing and you have to click somewhere else to get it unstuck.

Attachments

• flaginfo.jpg
    flaginfo.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 193
I would just like to say before I say anything else that I love this new mod. :D All of the extra information being available at my fingertips is something that I would find very hard to live without now - even after such a short time of using it.
Could I report a few problems, though?

First, a really tiny one.
When you start MapFinder within BTS, the on-screen information is supposed to have a highlighted title saying 'MapFinder', but instead it says '[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT]MapFinder'.
I think the solution is to change the entries in the MapFinder_CIV4GameText.xml file from
[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT]MapFinder[COLOR_REVERT] to [COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]MapFinder[COLOR_REVERT]. (I tried this and it works, but of course mucks up the checksum if I do it)

Next, a bigger one:
On the Victory Conditions panel, in the new-look Members tab, I was looking at the Apostolic Palace voters and found that it seems to display only the latest civ to have been added to the list. I had to turn this off in the mod options to get a full list of voters.

Finally, a more general problem:
The Mod is installed into the main C:\Program Files ... folder, of course. By default, the autolog appears there too, under \Mods\BUFFY-3.19.001\Autolog. I changed the option settings to make the autolog appear with all of my previous ones, in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Autolog. This worked fine, but has changed the setting for anyone else who uses the PC (and I am not the only Civ-player in my household). This is the crux of the problem. The BUFFY mod options are held centrally, rather than for each account on the PC.
I guess it might be possible to have multiple installs of BUFFY, each of them held under the My Documents\My Games folder, and then the options set would be specific to each player. I haven't tried this yet, though, and don't know if it would allow this kind of installation.

Hope it doesn't seem like I'm griping about something that I actually like very much. :goodjob:

Next, a bigger one:
On the Victory Conditions panel, in the new-look Members tab, I was looking at the Apostolic Palace voters and found that it seems to display only the latest civ to have been added to the list. I had to turn this off in the mod options to get a full list of voters.
This is a know bug due to a missing file. Once things have a chance to shake out, there will be an new version fixing this an some other minor issues.

Finally, a more general problem:
The Mod is installed into the main C:\Program Files ... folder, of course. By default, the autolog appears there too, under \Mods\BUFFY-3.19.001\Autolog. I changed the option settings to make the autolog appear with all of my previous ones, in My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\Autolog. This worked fine, but has changed the setting for anyone else who uses the PC (and I am not the only Civ-player in my household). This is the crux of the problem. The BUFFY mod options are held centrally, rather than for each account on the PC.
I guess it might be possible to have multiple installs of BUFFY, each of them held under the My Documents\My Games folder, and then the options set would be specific to each player. I haven't tried this yet, though, and don't know if it would allow this kind of installation.
:hmm: I hadn't realized the old version had that as a feature. It is something to look at for next time.

This is a know bug due to a missing file. Once things have a chance to shake out, there will be an new version fixing this an some other minor issues.
Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look forward to the next release.

:hmm: I hadn't realized the old version had that as a feature. It is something to look at for next time.
Don't worry too much about this. I just had a play with the installation process and realised that you can install multiple copies - one for each account on the PC - and each person keeps their own set of option settings and their autologs.
All I did was reinstall, and instead of accepting the default folder location I directed it to the \Mods\ folder within My Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\. I deleted the original BUFFY installation folder. On starting BTS, it found the BUFFY mod no problem in the new area (it even looks in this MODS folder in addition to the main Program Files MODS folder!)

Hmmph. Sorry. I lied.
When I start a game it says it isn't acceptable for HoF use, and the reason given is that BUFFY must be installed to the area where BTS is installed.
Strike that idea.

@agedone - just for clarity ... you want BUFFY to store your mod settings in a different location for every winuser of the machine? So that you and who ever else uses the machine aren't sharing settings. Is that correct?

I think the solution is to change the entries in the MapFinder_CIV4GameText.xml file from
[COLOR_HIGHLIGHT]MapFinder[COLOR_REVERT] to [COLOR_HIGHLIGHT_TEXT]MapFinder[COLOR_REVERT].

Yes, that is the solution. The odd thing is that I see the correct display when I run BUFFY, as do some others.

The BUFFY mod options are held centrally, rather than for each account on the PC.

This is just the default location for the options. You can create a folder called "BUFFY" in each player's "My Games" folder and copy the Info and UserSettings folders to it. It should use those first, but you may need to remove them from the BUFFY-3.19.001 folder after copying them.

Top Bottom