BUFFY & HOF Mod Releases

Okay, I was all ready to play a few games of BtS this weekend, but I am getting that HOF warning from the BUFFY mod that the assets are differenet from a custom install.

I am running XP. I patched to 3.19 back in late June and installed BUFFY in late July. I really haven't played civ since then. I have looked for answers but can't find the solution.

What do I do? :confused: Thanks.
Try downloading and running AssetChecker to see what's different.

In a previous game (178100 - Not yet Checked), I noticed that one of the two AIs was never listed as a TAP (The Apostolic Palace) Member; even the turn before I won the game; BtS 3.19 needs to provide accurate information about the current state of the game. I never noticed this before when using BtS 3.17 and earlier.

Is this a BtS 3.19 bug or BUFFY-3.19.001 related?

Sun Tzu Wu
That is a known BUG with BUFFY - the members tab on the F8 screen contains a python error and the screen is not being build correctly. Disable the 'members' tab using the BUFFY options.

I recently made the switch to BUFFY... I am really impressed. Amazing how much useful information can be had. Great job :goodjob:. Going to be hard to go back to Vanilla and Warlords.

Only issue is how long it will take to discover all the cool stuff ;).

I recently made the switch to BUFFY... I am really impressed. Amazing how much useful information can be had. Great job :goodjob:. Going to be hard to go back to Vanilla and Warlords.

Only issue is how long it will take to discover all the cool stuff ;).

true
Some good things are hidden in the different screens.
I particularly like the domestic and the military advisors.

Try downloading and running AssetChecker to see what's different.

I was missing a whole bunch from Vanilal and Warlords. I never play the, so I didn't patch them until now. I patched them up, but now the UnitInofs.xml is not matching.

Should I uninstall or reinstall the 3.19 patch? I don't know if I previously mentioned that I had played some RevDCM mod or something like that. Please advice and thanks for the help so far.

I was missing a whole bunch from Vanilal and Warlords. I never play the, so I didn't patch them until now. I patched them up, but now the UnitInofs.xml is not matching.

Should I uninstall or reinstall the 3.19 patch? I don't know if I previously mentioned that I had played some RevDCM mod or something like that. Please advice and thanks for the help so far.
You can try reinstalling the patch. If that doesn't work, I would uninstall Civ4, delete anything left behind and reinstall and repatch.

I don't know the RevDCM mod but if it changed the unitinfos.xml that would do it. Probably a reinstalll in the patch don't replace it.

Logging by BUFFY 4.0 [Build 1695] (BtS 3.17)

We forgot to update the BUFFY and BTS versions before packaging. These are display-only and won't affect anything in the game.

Before BtS 3.19, ten turns of Open Borders regardless of game speed would provide a +1 Diplomatic bonus.

I just finished a Tiny Pangaea Religious Leader Diplomatic Victory Game (17810 - Not yet Checked) using BUFFY in which I never got a Diplomatic bonus for Open Borders after 23 turns with both AIs in the game.

Is this a BtS 3.19 bug or could this be related to the BUFFY-3.19.001 module?

Game #17810 has been checked, but not published yet.

The first attached file is right after trading Open Borders for Open Borders with both Hatshepsut and Ramesses II in turn 53 (BC 1880). The second attached file is 23 turns later in turn 76 (BC 0975); there is no +1 Diplomatic Bonus from either Hatshepsut and Ramesses II for having Open Borders for 10+ turns. Neither Open Borders agreement was lost in any of the intervening turns.

Is someone looking into this bug? Is there another site where I should be submitting a bug report?

EDIT: Sorry, this is not a bug after all. Thanks Yamps for the correction. Yes, 25 turns of Open Borders has always been required for +1 Diplomacy. I knew for the longest time that 50 turns of Open Borders was required for +2 Diplomacy, since that was my target and easily achieved in Marathon games, but I mistaken thought only 10 turns was needed for +1 Diplomacy and never paid attention enough to realize that was not even close to being true. Note that 25 turns and 50 turns are fixed Diplomacy thresholds for all speeds (no adjustment for speed).

Thanks,

Sun Tzu Wu

I would post this to the 3.19 bugs thread as I can't imagine anything we added in BULL (the DLL for BUFFY) that could affect this. That way someone can test it under a normal BTS game to see if it's a 3.19 issue. I honestly can't remember seeing this diplomatic modifier for quite some time, but I don't play very often anymore.

@sun tzu wu
well, 10 turns on marathon is a bit low.
play the game for 7 more turns, to reach the "normal" treshhold of 10*3 = 30 turns.
I wouldn't call this a bug. more an equalizing system between the various speeds.

OTOH, if you never get the open border bonus, there is something wrong.

edit: I DLed your save, pressed enter twice, and got a +1 from each neighbour for open borders. This is rather strange, since I was expecting 30 turns, not 25.

on a different subject (thus another post), is there a way to see all my HoF games within the game?
I only see the last 2 I had with Buffy, while I have 175 replays in the BtS replays repertory.
Maybe there is some tool somewhere?
Not a big deal, but I like to check my own victories once in a while.

on a different subject (thus another post), is there a way to see all my HoF games within the game?
I only see the last 2 I had with Buffy, while I have 175 replays in the BtS replays repertory.
Maybe there is some tool somewhere?
Not a big deal, but I like to check my own victories once in a while.

Unfortunately, the in-game hall of fame is mod dependant, so you can only see your games that have used that particular mod (ie Buffy is a different mod to 3.17.04)

off topic...:)

@Sun Tzu Wu

No bug there, it's always been 25 turns for all game speeds and not 10. The relevant value is iOpenBordersDivisor and it's 25 for all leaders. I've just double checked the number in DanF5771's 3.17 XML spreadsheet.

i cant seem to find the option to change the autosave frequency so that it saves every turn like the previous HOF mod

@sun tzu wu
well, 10 turns on marathon is a bit low.
play the game for 7 more turns, to reach the "normal" treshhold of 10*3 = 30 turns.
I wouldn't call this a bug. more an equalizing system between the various speeds.

There is no speed multiplicative factor for making the threshold equal among all speeds.

edit: I DLed your save, pressed enter twice, and got a +1 from each neighbour for open borders. This is rather strange, since I was expecting 30 turns, not 25.

The number of turns of Open Borders required for +1 Diplomacy is 25 for all Game speeds as Yamps correctly stated below.

No bug there, it's always been 25 turns for all game speeds and not 10. The relevant value is iOpenBordersDivisor and it's 25 for all leaders. I've just double checked the number in DanF5771's 3.17 XML spreadsheet.

Maybe, I should go back to Domination/Conquest games where one doesn't worry about counting Open Borders turns ...

I apologize for the off-topic posts, but I did sincerely thought I had uncovered a bug. Well, it's not the first time nor will it the last time, I do something foolish like this.

Sun Tzu Wu

EDIT #3: Fixed! I think... I made NoCustomAssets=1 in the .ini file, as suggested on another BUFFY thread. Thanks to whoever wrote that. I haven't tried Map Finder again, but the normal loading works, so I'm assuming this was the only problem.

EDIT #2: I tried it with the autosave set both ways. Both times (even loading the autosaved game) yielded the same error message when trying to reload a game (after the program was restarted, that is; it seems to reload fine when I just exit to the in-game menu).

My BTS is version 3.19 (the latest patch, as far as I know).

EDIT: The problem below is not specific to Map Finder. I gave up with the utility, and found that I get a load error with any game file that I attempt to load after having exited and restarted the game.

I'm going to try turning off the "autosave on game exit" option (or whatever it's called), no idea if that's related, but it's the only guess I have at the moment.

Re: Map Finder

My Map Finder finds map. It logs the files and saves them.

All is good up to that point, but when I try to load the game I get this:

Spoiler :

So...

I have uploaded a new version of the Civ4_Map_Finder utility (V1.8)...

I downloaded and installed. Same result.

The ability to point to a Saves or Rules folder outside the default install path are not currently supported in BUFFY...

Oops. Okay, I uninstalled and forced a reinstall to go into c:\program files\Civ4_Map_Finder (previously, it was in My Documents\My Games\...)

So the saves/rules paths all go to the right place, I think. This is what my BUFFY MapFinder.ini file looks like:

# Enter the full path to the MapFinder directory. It must contain the "Rules" and "Saves" folders.
# Default: C:\Program Files\Civ4_Map_Finder

Path =C:\Program Files\Civ4_Map_Finder

Map Finder still seems to work at first, but I still get the same error when I try to load a found map ("expected version 301 or lower").

Anybody got a clue?

Thanks,
Jason

Attachments

• error_302.PNG
    error_302.PNG
    9.5 KB · Views: 301
Do you get this error when loading the saved game into BTS or when viewing it in the MapFinder utility? What if you find your Saves folder and double-click one from Windows Explorer?

These saves are done using the same saveGame() SDK function that gets used by the EXE for autosaves and CTRL + S saves, so I don't see how it could write out a 302 but expect a 301. :confused:

Do you get this error when loading the saved game into BTS or when viewing it in the MapFinder utility? What if you find your Saves folder and double-click one from Windows Explorer?

The error happened two ways:
(1) When clicking on "Load in BtS" from the MapFinder utility
(2) When trying to load from the in-game menu if I relaunched Civ since the game was saved.

I didn't try double-clicking the save file, but I'm sure it would have produced the same result.

These saves are done using the same saveGame() SDK function that gets used by the EXE for autosaves and CTRL + S saves, so I don't see how it could write out a 302 but expect a 301. :confused:

See #2, above -- I don't think the problem was directly related to Map Finder or the way it saved the files.
EDIT: And since I changed the NoCustomAssets in the .ini file, the MapFinder saves are loading just fine.

I take it you haven't seen this before? The one thing that's screwy about my setup, perhaps, is the CustomAssets folder; it's basically an overwrite of the normal assets folder (long story), which would be the "older" version (prior to the last couple of patches). I don't know if that would make any difference, but I thought you should know.

And thank you for your help!

@SirDrake, you don't have put the MapFinder utility in Program Files. You should put it My Games like always. 1.8 will update the BUFFY ini file if you open it. The Saves folder just has to be in the folder where you installed MapFinder.

Thanks! I guessed I could put it back, being as the problem was fixed by changing the NoCustomAssets boolean.

-Jason

Top Bottom