Furor Teutonicus

DemonMaster

A.K.A. Fenhorn
This is (probably) not a bug and if it is, I can't say that it is the something related to the new patch or not since I haven't played Germany for about a year.

It took me 21 attempts to get a brute from a barbarian camp. 50/50 :confused:

I do remember that you can have a string of extemely bad luck with this, but hey, 21, isn't that a little bit too extreme?

Perhaps they did change this as well as they did with the converting ships so it is related to strength or something.

I was about to report this as a bug after ten attempts, but then I know that someone will say, "bad luck, it can do this sometimes". So I continued my less than fun test up to 20 and then I said "ok, bug", but I saw a new camp nearby and took one more. I was a little bit relieved that it worked (sort of).

Were you reloading---> trying again on the same camp every one of these 20 times? If so, you may have the "Keep random seed" option enabled (in the advanced options), so it was already determined that this specific camp won't give you a warrior, and that's why the other one did.

If not, it is indeed weird.

Were you reloading---> trying again on the same camp every one of these 20 times? If so, you may have the "Keep random seed" option enabled (in the advanced options), so it was already determined that this specific camp won't give you a warrior, and that's why the other one did.

If not, it is indeed weird.

No. I quit after the first ten "misses" (on huge map) because I became angry with this so called 50/50. After I have relaxed with a cup of coffee I restated with my "to be third reich" game and when I start to fail even in this game, I decided to test it out and attacked the first one or two camps on each restarted game (restart with a new random map, i.e. I hit play) just to see how many camps it took.

I have since my first post started a new game (real try, not a test) and I took out five camps and I got another brute :goodjob: Sadly I quit that game as well (tundra start besides a whole bunch of maniacs).

As I said in my first post, I have seen this pre-patch also, although not this extreme perhaps. I guess this is not my day to play the germans. Perhaps I should play something nice, like Sweden ;)

Top Bottom