The King of the World Throne Room

Any chance anyone will take over the series? I would really love seeing some more Earth games.

Earth maps have long been one of my guilty pleasures. I would consider making a forum game in the vein of KOTW in the next month or so if a) doing so won't disgrace the KOTW name, and b) people can stand someone who has less of a narrative flair than Neal. I understand I'm basically an unknown, but I've done probably upwards of 12-15 Earth games over the past year and believe myself capable. If I do decide to do this, which civ/leader would anyone be interested in seeing?

@ergo Just do it! Call it something else if you feel bad, but there is plenty of precedent on these forums with other players taking over stalled series

However, please open a new thread to start a discussion on it. It is annoying (and IMHO somewhat impolite) to continue discussing a new topic is this "venerable" thread..

... Hey, guys. Well, any guys who are still around. I've done you all a great wrong. To lose interest and move on is one thing, but to do so without notice is unforgivable. Anyway, I came back on a whim and saw that a good chunk of you are still here. Or at least were still here as of seven months ago :) So, to make it up to you all, I'm thinking of making a comeback. That Lincoln game is dead and buried, so don't ask me to go back there, but outside of that, I'm open to suggestions. Does Civ IV still have a following? Or should I move on to V? Do you all even want another King of the World? Let me know. I am, once again, listening.

The Civ 4 forums are quieter, the King went away, which caused which? :crazyeye:

Actually it's fairly busy so I'm sure there'd be lots of readers. But only do it if you still like playing the game and still like writing. Presumably one of those went missing before?

Doesn't have to be Earth map does it? Could pick one of the other lesser-played BTS scenarios to make it interesting. Planet, or "King of the AfterWorld" perhaps...

Neal comeback? Yes please. I might not have posted in any of your games but I've always followed them with great interest. To me this series was always the one with the most entertainment value on this forum - something about Earth map generally appeals to me and the way you tell your story just works. Thumbs up.

Great, Neal's back!! Yes, there are still quite a few CivIV players left. Forums are a little quieter but that's partly because most issues have already been hashed out before or the disagreement is assumed. Anyway, nice to hear from you Neal! I always enjoyed the games. I'm sure somebody has a good idea for a game on the Earth map, but I can't think of one right now.

There wouldn't be so many posters if CivV had been a reasonable game. I wouldn't recommend going for CivV. A lot of the players here tried it and hated it! I saw the reviews by people like Lemon Merchant who tried it and I didn't like what I heard, so I didn't waste my $50. Don't like the Steam requirement either. They've had polls in OT (fairer) asking which is better. V was about tied with III, which tells you something. IV won the poll by an overwhelming margin.

Welcome back!!

Idea for an Earth map game :
Try always war.
Real always war, of course ;) with all civs at war with each other.
Should be interesting, me thinks. Of course, you can't pick England or Japan :rolleyes:

Welcome back!

It's been quiet for a while - but there is always room for some action. I won't upgrade to Civ5, it really sucks, so it's nice to see that some veterans have also returned to play the best game in the series.

Make then -100 in WB lol. :D

Neal, welcome back! Yes there is still a Civ IV following and I still had good feedback when I restarted the RPCs after the Civ V disater (that should tell you what I think of that game).

I would suggest a game where you are forbidden from open borders, and I recomend Korea on a CIV 40 board. It can be done and there is some prime realestate to claim early, plus financial and the UB make it really doable.

MAkes me want to restart the Huns!

Hey man great to see that your making a comeback for this series, i was a unregistered lurker when you did these on a consistint bases, but I always admired this series.
Mad is right, the majority of the fourm seems to be on the civ iv, although V has gotten better in the past few months.However if you were a fanatic of civ iv, you may find it a bore.The fourms are not as busy as it once was but there is still a large group of people who follow the civ iv fourms.
Again, its great to see that your back, and im looking foward to the nex series, and even though im taking a little hiatus from playing civ, to put my time into life,college and Starcraft 2, i will be following this! Keep on civing!!:D

There wouldn't be so many posters if CivV had been a reasonable game. I wouldn't recommend going for CivV.
CivV is terrible. Fun, to a point, sure, but replay value is absolutely ZERO! As much as I hate CivIV, at least I can play it over and over. :)

I think it's interesting to note that a lot of the time there's more people on the Civ4 forums than on the Civ5 one.

Anyway, back on topic I'd like to see a warfare heavy one, perhaps an AW starting in a crowded area hehe.

Top Bottom