Requests for new components (and features)

Those ".svn" folders maintain all of the information about the files you have pulled from SVN. You could uninstall* TortoiseSVN, leaving the ".svn" folders on your hard drive, and at some later point reinstall Tortoise and sync to the latest version of the repo.

The only downside to keeping the ".svn" folders is the small space they take up. You can always just grab the full repo later rather than just the changed files. The ".svn" folders allow you to grab just what has changed.

*Or simply disahle it from running using msconfig I think. I'm not sure since it's an extension to Windows Explorer rather than a separate program, but I suspect that'd work.

The hard disk space is no problem. I just don't like to have programs that automatically take up system memory without me asking them to start. This program is not one of the items in the startup tab of the System Configuration Utility (I had already checked that), so I can't disable it that way. It's not a real problem though. I'll keep it running in system memory for now, it's not that big. I might uninstall it in a few weeks. For now, it might be useful if I want to use the newest improvements created by this great team.

Thanks for the help. :goodjob:

If you want to disable it, there is a small utility called StartUpRun, IIRC. You may want to take a look at that. You can disable it, but SVN won't work unless you reactivate it... I don't think you have to reboot though.

The worst enemy of any civ can be found by repeatedly opening the dialogue. Sometimes they warn about their worst enemies (sometimes brag about their best units, sometimes tell bad jokes, and so on). This is very annoying... Maybe it would fit in the Glance page or Info page of EFA?

Thanks for endeavouring to improve BTS in this way. :goodjob: I do like your project a lot.

As I haven't seen the following mods on any of your lists, I would like to point you to the Unit Statistics mod, see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=162977, and/or the Kill List mod, see http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=160977.

It would be nice to have them (more statistics :) ), at least as an optional feature. These mods do not seem to change the gameplay, as they provide only information of past events. So, I hope they meet your criteria for being added to your project. :)

CellKu

The Unit Stats Mod alters the SDK, which we've decided not to do. The Kill List Mod does not, and I think it'd be a good addition. I'll take a look at it as soon as I finish some things I need to do for things already currently in the works.

Thanks for the suggestion!:)

We decided not to alter the SDK before you were on the team. And that is the main reason, and also the fact that the files can't be viewed was another reason, for me at least.

The problem with that suggestion is the mod is geared toward having a national stockpile. Even if we do away with the idea of a stockpile, which city's resource access would we display at the top? The capital?

Does it really add information you don't normally know? In other words, do you often find yourself thinking, "I wonder if I have iron?" But otherwise it should be a doable mod; it would probably require getting rid of the Era display.

The Era display is nice, though... I would miss it.
I would miss the Era display as well, and I agree that I don't often ask myself if I have Iron/Horses/etc.

Hey, guys!
I was just reading yet another 3.13 patch thread and caught up into this:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6011516&postcount=28

I'll paste here for easier reference.

1. some display of how much of a stationary bonus spies have
and/or
2. a 'Infiltrate' function for spies, like the 'Heal' ability for units... basically the spy skips turns until it has reached maximum stationary bonus.

I don't know how difficult it is to implement (that's why I'm posting here. EF knows better! ;)), but the first one would certainly fit into the "unaltered gameplay" philosophy. The second one is handy (and surely it would be welcome), but it affects gameplay.
Can you guys help me taking a look at it?

:cheers:

You can get most of the information from the Relations screen, but it's tedious. The thing Glance was really good for was figuring out who was worst enemies with whom. Perhaps that could be incorporated into Relations (the worst enemy gets a fatter line, or clicking on a leader would highlight everyone who considered him their worst enemy, or some such). That info really should be easily available.

peace,
lilnev

Now that is a good idea. One question I have (and have always had) is how do you decide who is worse? The person with the most negative numbers? I've seen -10 showing 'cautious' and -9 showing 'angry'. Is there a way to ask "Who is your worse enemy?"

So - we are putting it back but with an option to 'not display' ... right? have to have the option so that it is similar to all of our other BUG changes.

yes, and if you want to placate the marketing men, use pretty smilie icons! (along with the numbers below in brackets!)

Another good idea. I might even break out the ol' python and take a stab at that myself.

Edit: errrr ... does anyone have the pre 3.13 BtS foreign adviser screen python file?
Edit2: Don't worry ... it is still there, they just put a '#' on 1 line.

yes, and if you want to placate the marketing men, use pretty smilie icons! (along with the numbers below in brackets!)

Another good idea. I might even break out the ol' python and take a stab at that myself.

Edit: errrr ... does anyone have the pre 3.13 BtS foreign adviser screen python file?
Edit2: Don't worry ... it is still there, they just put a '#' on 1 line.
Done. Please have a look at let me know if it looks a little better.

One question I have (and have always had) is how do you decide who is worse? The person with the most negative numbers? I've seen -10 showing 'cautious' and -9 showing 'angry'. Is there a way to ask "Who is your worse enemy?"

Along with the modifiers you can see, each AI has hidden modifiers that affect their attitude but are not visible to the player. This is why two AIs that seem to have the same attitude score will have different actual attitudes.

That's another reason Firaxis may have axed the Glance page -- it gives the impression that attitudes are random when in fact they are entirely deterministic. It's just that some of the information isn't shown to the player.

I looked through the API a while ago trying to figure out how to tell which players are the AIs' worst enemies, but I didn't find anything. :(

Top Bottom