Better BAT AI

Does the F9 graph background have a BAT on it? If not, I'll send you that graphic file once I get home (and once I find it ... again).

Awesome!

:band:

Here you go ...

Attachments

• civilopediabg2-BAT.zip
    206.5 KB · Views: 227
Thanks, Mr Fabulous! :)

The official line is that BAT of any flavor is not stable using multiplayer.

EmperorFool and Alerum never did figure out why and I haven't been able to either. ruff_hi may have some ideas, though...

Ruff certainly doesn't have any clue.

Spoiler :
Why is he talking about himself in the 3rd person.
Spoiler :
Look ... he did it again.
Spoiler :
And again!
Spoiler :
I'll stop now.

Actually, a direct IP connect works great with Her Lemonyness's :)D) Wondrous Magical Esoterica. I use that method when I want to play a game with all 4 of my boys, 3 of which live in other U.S. states.

Is there any way to disable the Era/Tech colouring in tech screen? It makes it harder for me to clearly see which techs are researched and I don't really use the information it provides.

Is there any way to disable the Era/Tech colouring in tech screen? It makes it harder for me to clearly see which techs are researched and I don't really use the information it provides.

Yes there is. Use BBATAI 2.0. The differences between it and 2.1 are minor, and there is no difference in the AI between the two versions.

There is no other way to remove the color scheme without great difficulty and a lot of modding on your part.

There is no other way to remove the color scheme without great difficulty and a lot of modding on your part.

What idiot put in a color scheme with out the option to flip it on / off?

Edit: I distinctly remember coding in color coded tech by era ... so I thought it was me / my code. I knew I should have owned the code when I posted the above.

Isn't just one or two lines of code when drawing the tech box?

What Era?
What color based on Era?
Update color

Where can I find the specific changelog between those versions?

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure if it's a feature of BAT, but I can't find the answer anywhere. What does a small star next to a Civ's score mean on the Civ list in bottom right?
EDIT2: Nvm, it was the master-vassal marker, but I didn't notice the vassal one.

No. That would be me. I distinctly remember putting in color coded tech.

And if it really was you, independently of my work ... my apologies for the idiot reference. The only person I call an idiot is myself.

I've been playing maybe 3rd game with the mode and it seems to me that there aren't many wars going on. All civs are too much friendly towards each other. Is it just coincidence? Or is it a natural feature of the mode?

You're right. The AI seems a little friendlier, doesn't it?

That's because the AI weighs the costs of war a little more than normal BTS and is a little more reluctant to go to war, unless it is likely to win, or have a good chance at it.

You'll also notice the AI not attacking a city unless it has odds to win. It's programmed to pillage and not waste units in a futile city attack that it can't, or maybe won't win.

Isn't just one or two lines of code when drawing the tech box?

What Era?
What color based on Era?
Update color
I added Platyping's Tech Era by Color mod, or whatever it's called. It's not quite as easy to turn off as what you had done, I'm afraid. :( I remember it being quite complicated to add. He is not BUG friendly, so merging was difficult.

If you look at a unit, the numerical information seems to only display the first number/symbol. Why, and how can it be fixed?

För example, it says "Experience (" no matter how much experience the unit has. On the mouse-over it shows (2/5).

As it is now, the unit information is useless. Thoughts?

Hmmm. Let me look into it and I'll get back to you...

@ Tower:

Are you using BBATAI 2.0? There was a problem in how the unit information was displayed in that version which was subsequently corrected. I'm not sure if I can see the problem you are talking about in version 2.1, but I can see it in 2.0.

Could you post a screen shot of the problem, please?

Top Bottom